• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comparisons to Gronk are pointless. Is Kelce really a tight end or just a really big wide receiver? Where Gronk separated himself was being an absolutely elite receiver and an absolutely elite in-the-trenches blocker. And as a receiver It may be true that Kelce racks up great stats, but an eye test will tell you Kelce is among the best while Gronk was the best.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparisons to Gronk are pointless. Is Kelce really a tight end or just a really big wide receiver? Where Gronk separated himself was being an absolutely elite receiver and an absolutely elite in-the-trenches blocker. And as a receiver It may be true that Kelce racks up great stats, but an eye test will tell you Kelce is among the best while Gronk was the best.
Kelce does not and cannot block a defensive lineman. AR will not risk him being injured trying to stop a Williams, Crosby or even Clowney or being embarrassed when he's thrown out of the way like ragdoll. His size and pass catching ability is great, no question and he knows how to take advantage of smaller CBs and Safeties. That and he has a QB that constantly is looking for him to bail him out.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gronk was the best TE Ever.

As long as he wasn't hurt.

He took a lot of abuse, but ha also abused himself pretty well.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whao Woooo

The Chiefs don't use Kelce to block dont put that on him. He plays the position of TE and in the end that's al that matters

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whao Woooo

The Chiefs don't use Kelce to block dont put that on him. He plays the position of TE and in the end that's al that matters
But does he actually play the TE position? The whole concept is probably moot given almost every offensive skilled position now seems a bit hybrid.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whao Woooo

dont listen to his nonsense

How good is Kelce at blocking?

Per PFF, he improved his 35.2 pass-blocking grade to a 68.1 last season, and his run blocking grade from a 65.4 to a 69.9

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But does he actually play the TE position? The whole concept is probably moot given almost every offensive skilled position now seems a bit hybrid.
Yes he does, that's how he is listed, that is the position he plays.

There were a lot of great TEs over the years that were not great blockers. Blocking is just an added plus and Gronk was great at it. I still feel Gronk is the better TE it's just asinine when people start to get petty in an effort to dismiss his Kelece's game. But it's expected with this crowd

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does, that's how he is listed, that is the position he plays.

There were a lot of great TEs over the years that were not great blockers. Blocking is just an added plus and Gronk was great at it. I still feel Gronk is the better TE it's just asinine when people start to get petty in an effort to dismiss his Kelece's game. But it's expected with this crowd
You got that totally wrong. Blocking is a key duty of a tight end. I'm not dismissing Kelce or his game, I merely classifying him correctly. He's more a wide receiver and a very good one. Sure he blocks too as did Kendrick Bourne last night and Edelman through out his career, but that doesn't make those guys tight ends.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that totally wrong. Blocking is a key duty of a tight end. I'm not dismissing Kelce or his game, I merely classifying him correctly. He's more a wide receiver and a very good one. Sure he blocks too as did Kendrick Bourne last night and Edelman through out his career, but that doesn't make those guys tight ends.
No I do not have it totally wrong. As stated, there were a lot of great TEs that were not great blockers. You don't have to accept that I really don't care. Blocking may not be Kelce's strong suit, but he is still the best TE in the game today, another tid bit you need not accept. The Chiefs use his strengths to their advantage that is how the game is played.

Kellen Winslow, Shannon Sharpe were not great blockers. Blocking is an aspect of the position that is appreciated but if a team has a solid O Line chances are they won't have a need for a lot blocking TEs and would likely pull in a second TE to free up the more athletic TE.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I do not have it totally wrong. As stated, there were a lot of great TEs that were not great blockers. You don't have to accept that I really don't care. Blocking may not be Kelce's strong suit, but he is still the best TE in the game today, another tid bit you need not accept. The Chiefs use his strengths to their advantage that is how the game is played.

Kellen Winslow, Shannon Sharpe were not great blockers. Blocking is an aspect of the position that is appreciated but if a team has a solid O Line chances are they won't have a need for a lot blocking TEs and would likely pull in a second TE to free up the more athletic TE.
Interesting you brought up Winslow...

...."an oversized Wide Receiver" - Ron Jaworski

Kelce may have the title "Tight End" but if he quacks I'm calling him a duck. And I'll then admit he's the best receiving duck ever.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting you brought up Winslow...

...."an oversized Wide Receiver" - Ron Jaworski

Kelce may have the title "Tight End" but if he quacks I'm calling him a duck. And I'll then admit he's the best receiving duck ever.
So to hell with where the coaches line him up, list him on the roster it's all about your personal beliefs.

Gotcha

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kellen Winslow, Shannon Sharpe were not great blockers. Blocking is an aspect of the position that is appreciated but if a team has a solid O Line chances are they won't have a need for a lot blocking TEs and would likely pull in a second TE to free up the more athletic TE
Hoomanawanui played 8 years at TE and had only 56 receptions for his career.
He was a very good blocker and his few catches were appreciated but he was paid to block.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoomanawanui played 8 years at TE and had only 56 receptions for his career.
He was a very good blocker and his few catches were appreciated but he was paid to block.
Thanks for making my point