• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Struck a Nerve With Browner....

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the Seattle peeps thought they had it in the bag. Too bad they forgot that the mayor of Sactown, Kevin Johnson (former Cal Berkeley grad, point guard, and 3x NBA All Star), engineered a beautiful plan to keep the team in Northern California. :suds:

The most effective part of Johnson's plan was being friends with David Stern. This issue is a lot more complicated than that, there was a lot of angst in Seattle about this whole process and frankly what most people wanted was not the Kings, but to get an expansion team out of the deal. Stern's opening comments before addressing the media after the relocation vote by saying "I'm going to make this short, I have a game to catch in Oklahoma City" just rubbed salt in the wounds.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans are the biggest douches on the planet. I saw it first hand when my city was fighting for our Kings. Seattle fans, just 5-years out from losing their team to OKC, turned a blind eye for what they repeatedly spoke out against (stealing another cities team); ignored the fact that our city stood behind our team (two arena agreements) and our politicians fought for the team, while Seattle politicians took money to settle out and allow the Sonics to relocate. Fuck seattle.

:clap:

+1

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what Harbaugh was saying was trying to put out those flames. He was trying not to flat out say anything. He was trying to speak in general after such a leading question. Browner did no such thing. That is the difference in the two quotes. And it isn't just another day in the offseason when a player says he would like to put his hands around a coaches neck. I know it isn't as serious as it sounds, but that is a pretty blatant comment.

I love Harbaugh as our coach, I like the way he handles the media, and I don't like the Seahawks. However, I don't see Harbaugh as trying to add to or put out the flames. I feel he said what he thought but was smart enough not to say that they were taking steroids and not Adderall. He's handled the media with this edge since he came into the league (probably as a player). He's addressed the media on unprovoked things that were seemingly dead. I doubt this was just a winging it moment, trying to cool down flames (nor incite them, per se).

I mean, he had to have known someone would bring the Seahawks suspensions up at some point, if not just to ask some dumb question about how it would affect gameplanning. The manner and timing in which they ask is in question, but it's a standard question to expect. I don't think he went and outlined a response and memorized it, but he had to have some reaction to it in his head and he said it politically correctly. I do think he doesn't trust that it's not steroids.

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Harbaugh as our coach, I like the way he handles the media, and I don't like the Seahawks. However, I don't see Harbaugh as trying to add to or put out the flames. I feel he said what he thought but was smart enough not to say that they were taking steroids and not Adderall. He's handled the media with this edge since he came into the league (probably as a player). He's addressed the media on unprovoked things that were seemingly dead. I doubt this was just a winging it moment, trying to cool down flames (nor incite them, per se).

I mean, he had to have known someone would bring the Seahawks suspensions up at some point, if not just to ask some dumb question about how it would affect gameplanning. The manner and timing in which they ask is in question, but it's a standard question to expect. I don't think he went and outlined a response and memorized it, but he had to have some reaction to it in his head and he said it politically correctly. I do think he doesn't trust that it's not steroids.

That is basically what I was saying. From what I got, is that he was honestly answering a question, without blatantly calling people out. At the same time acknowledging that something is fishy up in Seattle. Carroll has proven to not have the greatest control over a team... or more likely has great control over a team that isn't overly concerned with the rules.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's a coach. He's never gonna be out there lined up against me. I wish he would; I'd put my hands around his neck. At the end of the day, I'm about winning football games. " Browner

Translation: I need to use PEDs cuss the niners would kick my ass

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's a coach. He's never gonna be out there lined up against me. I wish he would; I'd put my hands around his neck. At the end of the day, I'm about winning football games. " Browner

Translation: I need to use PEDs cuss the niners would kick my ass

Exactly. My thought is, if you are going to put your hands around a players neck, it is going to be a penalty and possible suspension. So if you are so angry, go do it anyway. Who cares if he is a coach. Man, I hate that team anyway, but some of their players make it an unhealthy hate.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now Earl Thomas weighs in:

More from Earl Thomas on the NFL Network, including comments on Harbaugh and PEDs and the Seattle defense | Seahawks Blog | Seattle Times

On if he is as angry as Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner is regarding the comments made by 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh: “I’m not as angry. I don’t really care about what a coach says. I think he’s a little salty from that beatdown when they came to Seattle. Browner and [Richard Sherman], they have their own way of doing things. I have my own way of doing things.”

Interesting that he's distancing himself a bit from the CBs at the end. Lots of bluster and PED use on the corners for the Hawks.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Earl Thomas weighs in:

More from Earl Thomas on the NFL Network, including comments on Harbaugh and PEDs and the Seattle defense | Seahawks Blog | Seattle Times

On if he is as angry as Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner is regarding the comments made by 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh: “I’m not as angry. I don’t really care about what a coach says. I think he’s a little salty from that beatdown when they came to Seattle. Browner and [Richard Sherman], they have their own way of doing things. I have my own way of doing things.”

Interesting that he's distancing himself a bit from the CBs at the end. Lots of bluster and PED use on the corners for the Hawks.

Holding onto 1 meaningless game isn't just what Seattle fans do. Now it is the players. Maybe Seattle talks so much because they are "salty" from so many years of accomplishing nothing. Best thing Seahawks are known for in their history is making the playoffs at 7-9... a disgrace.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tate should go steal another pastry. He's a little punk. Seems to fit Seattle type players minus Wilson. Tate might want to think twice when Willis, Bowman, and Whitner are back there. About done with that team.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its amazing, that these guys just can't let it go...

If they spent half their time and energy bitching at their own teammates for using illegal and banned substances as they have barking in the media about Harbaugh and others... Perhaps they wouldn't have this problem in the first place?!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is weird when an entire fanbase and their players are so accustomed to losing that they measure their success on how they performed against the 49ers.

Instead of accepting that they were not good enough to beat Atlanta, they look at that one game against the 49ers in Seattle and claim that proves that they would have won in San Francisco, and then defeated the Ravens in the Super Bowl... why? Because they beat the 49ers in Seattle....

What kind of stupidity inspires that line of thinking? Rule #1 of trolling, if your team won the most recent game you can say the most outrageous things and claim that every scenario you say is the truth... because it is true that in the last game my team won.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is weird when an entire fanbase and their players are so accustomed to losing that they measure their success on how they performed against the 49ers.

Instead of accepting that they were not good enough to beat Atlanta, they look at that one game against the 49ers in Seattle and claim that proves that they would have won in San Francisco, and then defeated the Ravens in the Super Bowl... why? Because they beat the 49ers in Seattle....

What kind of stupidity inspires that line of thinking? Rule #1 of trolling, if your team won the most recent game you can say the most outrageous things and claim that every scenario you say is the truth... because it is true that in the last game my team won.

Shoot, they played seven quarters of awful football in the playoffs. They barely beat a completely hapless Skins offense, and showed no life against the Falcons until the fourth quarter. They staged an impressive comeback, but ultimately couldnt' seal the deal. If folks are worried about the Niners based on the secondary's performance in the playoffs, what did the playoffs say about the Hawks?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot, they played seven quarters of awful football in the playoffs. They barely beat a completely hapless Skins offense, and showed no life against the Falcons until the fourth quarter. They staged an impressive comeback, but ultimately couldnt' seal the deal. If folks are worried about the Niners based on the secondary's performance in the playoffs, what did the playoffs say about the Hawks?

Right? Instead of accepting that they were not a very good team in the Playoffs... they are pointing to a December home game as evidence that they'll dominate everyone this year.

RG3's injury was a major factor as to why they even advanced in the playoffs. Played like crap in Atlanta except for that 4th quarter... but it still wasn't enough.

They just don't seem to understand how the NFL works. Great you beat the 49ers, but you obviously weren't better than the Falcons. Obviously beating the 49ers doesn't mean you're good enough to win the Super Bowl... lol, but they just don't get it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm interested to see what happens with the Hawks this year. They start the season with a tough schedule, and likely without their two best pass rushers from last year - though they've addressed that area pretty well in FA. They also have a brutal road schedule, an area where they struggled last year. I think they're offense will have to do some heavy lifting this year. They've got the talent to do it, but we'll see what happens.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Incidentally, what're people's thoughts on Harvin this year? I'm considering him as a keeper in my fantasy league. It's actually a Seattle-centric league, so at the very least if he has a hot start he might be good trade bait.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incidentally, what're people's thoughts on Harvin this year? I'm considering him as a keeper in my fantasy league. It's actually a Seattle-centric league, so at the very least if he has a hot start he might be good trade bait.

I think the chances are pretty good that he will have the best year of his career. There are a few possibilities that might hurt his year... his migraine problems and the chances of a sophomore slump for Wilson. The biggest thing holding him back the last few years might not be there this year, his pouty little attitude because he didn't get the special treatment he felt he deserved. He should be a happy camper.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing, that these guys just can't let it go...

If they spent half their time and energy bitching at their own teammates for using illegal and banned substances as they have barking in the media about Harbaugh and others... Perhaps they wouldn't have this problem in the first place?!

truth hurts