• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Struck a Nerve With Browner....

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Harbaugh was saying that we shouldn't take their word that it is actually Adderall that they are testing positive for... it could be anything and admitting to Adderall will catch a hell of a lot less grief than admitting to HGH.

As to his comments about putting his hands around Harbaugh's neck, so what... Harbaugh was calling those who tested positive cheaters and liars. As Browner was one of those guys, naturally he went on the defensive and did what probably 9 out of 10 people would do.

"he said what? fuck that guy, i'll kick his ass." --paraphrasing of course

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ironic thing about all this is that when Harbaugh made his ped comments everyone on the sports radio up here in Seattle talked about what a jerk douchebag
Harbaugh is, now that Browner says this ..........

Crickets

Really? I haven't heard a single FAN say anything about that Harbaugh interview. I did hear most of the sports radio guys go crazy on it for a few days, but isn't that what they do everywhere? You don't have radio people hype up rivalry garbage? Didn't even hear any fans call in on those shows and bring it up so I don't know what you are talking about.

I didn't hear a thing wrong with Harbaugh's comments and no one I've talked to thinks much of it either. He was careful with his words and didn't say anything untrue. Sure, he is still a douchebag, but not for this.

The irony here is SF fans calling seattle fans names while others say 'stay classy'. Show some class yourselves.

Do you actually take what he said as a threat? :wtf: In what way was that a serious threat? He responded to leading questions by one of those radio personalities looking to get a good quote for their show. Browner sort of bit on the bait, but is what he said really that bad?

Bottom line is there are media in both cities that really really really want to push this rivalry and help create as much drama in it as they can. If you all want to buy into it by all means go for it.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks fan and to be honest I'm kinda getting sick of all the yapping. Browner and Sherman are so talented these guys just need to shut up and play ball. Let their actions on the field speak for them. JMO

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does Washington still talk about 2008?
Supersonics move to OKC
Seahawks 4-12
Washington Huskies 0-12
Washington State Cougars 2-11
Seattle Mariners 61-101

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I haven't heard a single FAN say anything about that Harbaugh interview. I did hear most of the sports radio guys go crazy on it for a few days, but isn't that what they do everywhere? You don't have radio people hype up rivalry garbage? Didn't even hear any fans call in on those shows and bring it up so I don't know what you are talking about.

I didn't hear a thing wrong with Harbaugh's comments and no one I've talked to thinks much of it either. He was careful with his words and didn't say anything untrue. Sure, he is still a douchebag, but not for this.

The irony here is SF fans calling seattle fans names while others say 'stay classy'. Show some class yourselves.

Do you actually take what he said as a threat? :wtf: In what way was that a serious threat? He responded to leading questions by one of those radio personalities looking to get a good quote for their show. Browner sort of bit on the bait, but is what he said really that bad?

Bottom line is there are media in both cities that really really really want to push this rivalry and help create as much drama in it as they can. If you all want to buy into it by all means go for it.

Having worked in radio broadcasting in the past, I can tell you that this statement is contradictory. Calls (and now email, twitter, Facebook, etc.) dictate content in sports radio. If nobody was calling about the topic, they wouldn't continue to beat a dead horse because thats how you lose ratings. Conversely, if you are getting constant calls on a particular topic, you ride it out and maybe even look to book guests that can speak on said topic.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks fan and to be honest I'm kinda getting sick of all the yapping. Browner and Sherman are so talented these guys just need to shut up and play ball. Let their actions on the field speak for them. JMO

Well there is a logical answer right there. That's all I can say about the two. When guys like this keep yapping their mouth, it just makes their fall even sweeter. Sherman dodged a bullet last year, so he should count his blessings and stop.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't take it as a serious threat, but it struck a nerve with the guy. He is just a little too defensive because he is guilty of a major violation. But if someone said that about my teammate I would take it very seriously. Not that I would be scared for Harbaugh, but why would he want to give any more motivation to your biggest threat in the NFC? I hope they pull Iupati all game long to shut him up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having worked in radio broadcasting in the past, I can tell you that this statement is contradictory. Calls (and now email, twitter, Facebook, etc.) dictate content in sports radio. If nobody was calling about the topic, they wouldn't continue to beat a dead horse because thats how you lose ratings. Conversely, if you are getting constant calls on a particular topic, you ride it out and maybe even look to book guests that can speak on said topic.
You've never heard Dave Mahlers show then. He puts his commentary on everything he does and then asks fans for their input. It isn't unusual for him to rant for days about things most don't agree with. This is the dead season and stations need to find things to go about. The M's suck so bad no one want to talk about them or hear about them so they have whatever nuggets they can find on football mostly.

Seriously, not anyone I know thought Harbaughs words were wrong.

I don't take it as a serious threat, but it struck a nerve with the guy. He is just a little too defensive because he is guilty of a major violation. But if someone said that about my teammate I would take it very seriously. Not that I would be scared for Harbaugh, but why would he want to give any more motivation to your biggest threat in the NFC? I hope they pull Iupati all game long to shut him up.
Why would Harbaugh do the same? Nothing he said was wrong, but if it helps fuel the fires why not just say no comment, go ask them about PED's and leave it there? Seems some of your fan base have selective outrage.

Sherman opens his f'en mouth way too much, Harbaugh is normally good for a stupid comment about other teams/players every few months, and Browner said something clearly in jest (if you heard the interview) that wasn't the be choice. So what? It's the off-season and all of this stuff will get settled week 2 on the gridiron.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Washington still talk about 2008?
Supersonics move to OKC
Seahawks 4-12
Washington Huskies 0-12
Washington State Cougars 2-11
Seattle Mariners 61-101
What does any of that have to do with Browner or the 49ers?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never heard Dave Mahlers show then. He puts his commentary on everything he does and then asks fans for their input. It isn't unusual for him to rant for days about things most don't agree with. This is the dead season and stations need to find things to go about. The M's suck so bad no one want to talk about them or hear about them so they have whatever nuggets they can find on football mostly.

Seriously, not anyone I know thought Harbaughs words were wrong.

Why would Harbaugh do the same? Nothing he said was wrong, but if it helps fuel the fires why not just say no comment, go ask them about PED's and leave it there? Seems some of your fan base have selective outrage.

Sherman opens his f'en mouth way too much, Harbaugh is normally good for a stupid comment about other teams/players every few months, and Browner said something clearly in jest (if you heard the interview) that wasn't the be choice. So what? It's the off-season and all of this stuff will get settled week 2 on the gridiron.

Who here has ANY outrage over the Browner comments? What Browner said given he's one that tested positive IMO only makes HIM look like a fool. Otherwise, I don't care what he said and I'd venture to say not too many on this board give a shit either.

As far as your radio host...yes, I have never listened to him but if the format is what you say it is, where he beats a dead horse segment after segment without audience reciprocation, then I would then ask how he is still on the air.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here has ANY outrage over the Browner comments? What Browner said given he's one that tested positive IMO only makes HIM look like a fool. Otherwise, I don't care what he said and I'd venture to say not too many on this board give a shit either.

As far as your radio host...yes, I have never listened to him but if the format is what you say it is, where he beats a dead horse segment after segment without audience reciprocation, then I would then ask how he is still on the air.

Selective outrage is a figure of speech and all I meant was no one is questioning their coach saying things about another team that could fuel their fire, but did say that about Browner.

As for Dave Mahler, he was the mid morning guy for a long time until just recently when the evening commute guy retired. Dave is a selective taste and always speaks his mind. You may not agree with him, but you do get to hear a lot of different perspectives. I'm not sure I'd call it 'beating a dead horse' when he spoke about it on Thursday and Friday, but so did a couple of the other people on the station. Didn't hear about it on the TV news and didn't read anything about it in the paper. It was stirred up by radio jocks and as far as I can tell not many fans cared about it. Will it be a topic next week? Doubt it since there isn't any interest in it.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Selective outrage is a figure of speech and all I meant was no one is questioning their coach saying things about another team that could fuel their fire, but did say that about Browner.

I know you aren't on here equating the statement Harbaugh made to the one Browner made.

Wait, we're taking Browner's out of context. It was said in jest and in response to leading questions.

Please, can you enlighten us all to the context of Harbaugh's comments that set Browner off on this facetious rant?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you aren't on here equating the statement Harbaugh made to the one Browner made.

Wait, we're taking Browner's out of context. It was said in jest and in response to leading questions.

Please, can you enlighten us all to the context of Harbaugh's comments that set Browner off on this facetious rant?

I agree with everything Harbaugh said and he too was answering questions. The point made was fueling the fire of the other side isn't a good idea for Browner, Harbaugh, Sherman, or anyone else, but it will happen. It always happens. Seahawks fans didn't post a thing about Harbaugh's comments as it is just another day in the off season, but some here made insults to our base while others questioned our classiness?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything Harbaugh said and he too was answering questions. The point made was fueling the fire of the other side isn't a good idea for Browner, Harbaugh, Sherman, or anyone else, but it will happen. It always happens. Seahawks fans didn't post a thing about Harbaugh's comments as it is just another day in the off season, but some here made insults to our base while others questioned our classiness?

But what Harbaugh was saying was trying to put out those flames. He was trying not to flat out say anything. He was trying to speak in general after such a leading question. Browner did no such thing. That is the difference in the two quotes. And it isn't just another day in the offseason when a player says he would like to put his hands around a coaches neck. I know it isn't as serious as it sounds, but that is a pretty blatant comment.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But what Harbaugh was saying was trying to put out those flames. He was trying not to flat out say anything. He was trying to speak in general after such a leading question. Browner did no such thing. That is the difference in the two quotes. And it isn't just another day in the offseason when a player says he would like to put his hands around a coaches neck. I know it isn't as serious as it sounds, but that is a pretty blatant comment.

The other difference was, Harbaugh's comments barely went noticed. While Browner's have gone nation wide and again put every Seahawk player that has had issues back into the spotlight...

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I question the classyness of the team, not its fans. All the players that have been caught, Sherman running his mouth non stop, browner saying he would put his hands around Harbaughs throat. I am sure if a 49er said that about Pete hawk fans would be mad. It's uncalled for. No need for it. And like stated earlier, I hope we pull Iupati all damn game on Browner.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Can't wait for the season to start...tired of all the db db's for the Hawks getting excited just because Harbaugh acknowledged that he was aware Seattle was taking PEDs. What was Harbaugh supposed to say?!? No, I hadn't noticed that our biggest divisional opponent has repeatedly violated the rules with suspensions of multiple players? He'd have to be an ostrich with his head in the sand living under a rock for the last few years to not know about it. I guess he needs to be strangled for tuning into ESPN.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans are the biggest douches on the planet. I saw it first hand when my city was fighting for our Kings. Seattle fans, just 5-years out from losing their team to OKC, turned a blind eye for what they repeatedly spoke out against (stealing another cities team); ignored the fact that our city stood behind our team (two arena agreements) and our politicians fought for the team, while Seattle politicians took money to settle out and allow the Sonics to relocate. Fuck seattle.

Yep, the Seattle peeps thought they had it in the bag. Too bad they forgot that the mayor of Sactown, Kevin Johnson (former Cal Berkeley grad, point guard, and 3x NBA All Star), engineered a beautiful plan to keep the team in Northern California. :suds: