• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NFL draft

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent McDuffie. Lance Zierlein's comp is Jaire Alexander so the expectations are high with him. I remember looking at Jaire coming out and he was a boom/bust type of prospect. Really scrappy, really confident, really good mover. Reminded me of Cortland Finnegan but Jaire is definitely better. McDuffie says he models some of his game after Honey Badger and thats the fit on the Chiefs. McDuffie is a better athlete than Matheiu but the Honey Badger was the leader on the defense so its hard to project the fit from the neck up.

George Karlaftis. I see him in that Chris Long mold. Maybe more explosive than Long but Karlaftis has a good first move and will get pressures but Im not fully sure he'll ever be that top tier pass rusher or a solid run defender. I'd imagine he is more of a replacement to Melvin Ingram than Frank Clark.

Skyy Moore. Hands, 10 yd split, and Tackle breaking was the best in class. The big question is his ability to handle a major jump in competition and his ability to win over the top. Should be more of a chain mover than a big play guy. I like him in the Christian Kirk role in this style of offense.

Bryan Cook. Thought he was a bit of a reach, tbh. Really athletic but not as developed as you'd want to see. Should fill in that 'Dirty Dan' money role which was still seeing about half of the snaps. This is a really important pick to hit on so I see why they went out and got Cook. He probably wasnt going to be on the board by the time they picked again.

Leo Chenal. Thought he was a bit of a steal. Should see the field on the half of the snaps Cook isnt on the field. Not as good at coverage as Nick Bolton but his size means that he'll probably do everything else better. Chenal and Bolton on the field at the same time should be very stout against the run. Chenel might just take Bolton off the field against the Chargers and Bills just so they have someone large enough to actually sack their QBs. Bolton also played a ton of snaps last year so just having someone else there helps.

From there, the Chiefs have their usual late round CB that they usually do better than any other team with. Kinnard is that developmental RT prospect that they need to round out their oline. Fantastic pick imo. Rutgers RB should keep Darwin Thompson off the team. Might beat out Gore.

Veach really attacked needs on the Chiefs. I dont think Tyreek Hill was replaced but I dont think that was ever in the cards. My big takeaway here is that the Chiefs are trying to get better at pass rush and run defense and by doing so that will make the whole defense better. I'm not sure their pass coverage will technically be better next year but it might be better if they actually get some sacks whether its through Karlaftis or Chenal or blitzing because they trust McDuffie in coverage.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough not to go full homer with this draft, but there's a lot to like on paper. Very excited to see the preseason get here to get a peek at some of these players.

Lingering question though: Is a post-draft signing coming on the DL? Ingram and Clowney in particular come to mind.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough not to go full homer with this draft, but there's a lot to like on paper. Very excited to see the preseason get here to get a peek at some of these players.

Lingering question though: Is a post-draft signing coming on the DL? Ingram and Clowney in particular come to mind.
Honestly, I get the feeling that the Chiefs will want their snaps to go to their young players and not someone like Ingram. We're basically the Steelers last year so Melvin probably wouldn't be a fan.

I could see a DT signing for depth. The roster seems filled out with high RAS prospects elsewhere

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really curious part of the draft was trading down in rd2 and still getting Skyy Moore. Did they know that Moore would still be there? We're they good with the other WRs that went right before him? I suspect those receivers will be compared for awhile

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected about Melvin Ingram. Chiefs want him back