• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Struck a Nerve With Browner....

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This Browner?
[youtube]-vdVF_wHwKg[/youtube]

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This Browner?

No, this one:

cqik.jpg

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope we figure out a way to let Anthony Dixon go get a shot at him in week two.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Stay classy Seattle..... Is that not a threat?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agreed with what Harbaugh said I just don't think he should've said it at all.

I believe every team in the league has some on it that are taking things that they aren't supposed too.

So it's a case of those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones imo.

I sorta think Harbaugh's rant was more directed at his own players and basically a warning they better not get busted for it as well.

As far as Browner goes he probably took it a bit too far. But I'm fine with it since I'm a fan of good ole fashioned bad blood between teams. Less hugging stuff after games and more 70's Raiders Steelers like hate.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Depends on who you are. Players are allowed to talk about choking or assaulting people & get a pass. They told reporters they were ready to jump across the table & attack the owners during CBA negotiations. I don't think that would fly if it were the other way around. If a coach or owner talked about choking a player all hell would break loose.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ironic thing about all this is that when Harbaugh made his ped comments everyone on the sports radio up here in Seattle talked about what a jerk douchebag
Harbaugh is, now that Browner says this ..........

Crickets

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ironic thing about all this is that when Harbaugh made his ped comments everyone on the sports radio up here in Seattle talked about what a jerk douchebag
Harbaugh is, now that Browner says this ..........

Crickets

Seattle is such a great city, but some of the least sensible fans on the globe.... and that is being nice.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is such a great city, but some of the least sensible fans on the globe.... and that is being nice.

Agreed on both counts, the media jockeys here are much more concerned about the 49ers than the sf media is with Seattle. About two months ago one of the sports stations had a whole morning show devoted to who was better, Wilson or Kaepernick. Every nation nfl person a show is asked whether they'd rather have Wilson or Kaepernick.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, I don't see it as a threat unless there was a chance or opportunity for Harbaugh to actually play in a game - the condition for the risk to occur. If I said, "if you fly around the equator twice in fifteen minutes, I'll kill you," that wouldn't be a threat. But if I said, if you eat any food, I will steal your car, that would.

It's also true that if I said, "if you eat any food, I will fly around the equator in fifteen minutes" couldn't be a threat because no reasonable person could believe that to be a risk.

I mean, he didn't say, "if I saw him, I would clock him" or "if he tried to shake my hand, I'd..." It's not reasonable and just talk.

I like answering rhetorical questions ;), but unfortunately am not any good at finding good examples of what I'm saying.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who you are. Players are allowed to talk about choking or assaulting people & get a pass. They told reporters they were ready to jump across the table & attack the owners during CBA negotiations. I don't think that would fly if it were the other way around. If a coach or owner talked about choking a player all hell would break loose.

Not saying it's right, but that has to do with who has authority. Coaches have authority over players and so if they were to say or do these things, the players would have incentive not to fight back - in case they aren't believed, would break some cultural rule, etc. If the players say that, it's like, let's see you try. You want to get suspended by those in authority?

My comments aren't directed at your CBA remarks. I'm not sure how I would apply it to that. I'm just thinking of the basketball coaches that hit their players or throw basketballs or chairs at them.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed on both counts, the media jockeys here are much more concerned about the 49ers than the sf media is with Seattle. About two months ago one of the sports stations had a whole morning show devoted to who was better, Wilson or Kaepernick. Every nation nfl person a show is asked whether they'd rather have Wilson or Kaepernick.

Yep, I remember that. all of the national sports press folks said close to the same thing, paraphrasing; "Kaepernick has a higher upside but Wilson is more polished now." which sounds to me like "if I was not talking to Seattle Radio I would say Kaepernick while thinking that was the stupidest question I have ever heard." :lol:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, I don't see it as a threat unless there was a chance or opportunity for Harbaugh to actually play in a game - the condition for the risk to occur. If I said, "if you fly around the equator twice in fifteen minutes, I'll kill you," that wouldn't be a threat. But if I said, if you eat any food, I will steal your car, that would.

It's also true that if I said, "if you eat any food, I will fly around the equator in fifteen minutes" couldn't be a threat because no reasonable person could believe that to be a risk.

I mean, he didn't say, "if I saw him, I would clock him" or "if he tried to shake my hand, I'd..." It's not reasonable and just talk.

I like answering rhetorical questions ;), but unfortunately am not any good at finding good examples of what I'm saying.

Oops. "... no reasonable person could believe that to be a risk" = "... that to be possible, and thus a risk."

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When I read Jim's interview I didn't think much of it...

I thought he was talking in general and was really pointing at his own team more than anything. It's amazing when one feels guilty, they tend to be defensive even when then shouldn't. Browner needs to just let it go and lay low, instead of throwing more gas on the fire and drawing more attention to his already under fire team...

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he just said he would put his hands around his neck. Maybe it was for a nice massage or to put a necklace there to show Jim how much he appreciates him.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans are the biggest douches on the planet. I saw it first hand when my city was fighting for our Kings. Seattle fans, just 5-years out from losing their team to OKC, turned a blind eye for what they repeatedly spoke out against (stealing another cities team); ignored the fact that our city stood behind our team (two arena agreements) and our politicians fought for the team, while Seattle politicians took money to settle out and allow the Sonics to relocate. Fuck seattle.