• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strengths/Weaknesses Moving Forward

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm trying to sum up where we stand and what we still need to figure out.

On offense, QB, WR, TE and OLine are set.
Running Back I'll say is a weakness until they prove otherwise although the depth at oline makes me think whoever is back there will be ok.

On defense, the linebackers and pass rush should be fine. There are concerns about Gregory's weight and we'll see how many games Hardy plays but I'll assume we're ok there.

Safety is still a questions mark, I assume Bryon Jones will not be playing there. I guess it's possible Wilcox can improve. Cornerback remains to be seen. Will Carr take a paycut? Will Claiborne get any sort of consistent action?

RB and secondary are still shaky but nothing dire. I wouldn't mind seeing what running backs are available out there for a reasonable price.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Romo
RB McFadden Randle
WR Dez TWill Beasley
TE Witten Escobar
OL Smith Martin Fredrick Leary Free Collins
DL Lawrence Brent Crawford Gregory Hardy
LB Lee McCain Hitchens
CB Jones Scandrick Mo Carr
S Wilcox Church

The thing that jumps out to me, is that several of those position groups are set for years to come. They have better depth than at any time in the last 10 years. The overall talent is better than its been at any time since Parcells left. Another solid year or two of drafting, and this team is gonna be scary

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're a little weak at LDE... everywhere else I'm a happy camper

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - 1) Tony Romo 2) Brandon Weeden 3)Dustin Vaughan

RB - 1) Darren McFadden 2) Joseph Randle 3) Lance Dunbar 4) Ryan Williams

LWR - 1) Dez Bryant 2) Cole Beasley 3) Devin Street 4) Reggie Dunn

RWR - 1) Terrance Williams 2) Chris Boyd

TE - 1) Jason Witten 2) Gavin Escobar 3) James Hannah

FB - 1) Jed Collins 2) Ray Agnew

LT - 1) Tyron Smith 2) Darrion Weems 3) Ryan Miller 4) Laurence Gibson

LG - 1) La'el Collins 2) Ronald Leary

C - 1) Travis Frederick

RG - 1) Zack Martin 2) MAckenzy Bernadeau

RT - 1) Doug Free 2) Chaz Green 3) Donald Hawkins 4) John Wetzel 5) RJ Dill

LDE - 1) Tyrone Crawford 2) Ben Gardner 3) Lavar Edwards 4) Ryan Russell 5) Efre Obada

LDT - 1) Terrell McClain 2) Ken Bishop 3) Davon Coleman

RDT - 1) Nick Hayden 2) Josh Brent 3) Chris Whaley

RDE - 1) Greg Hardy 2) Demarcus Lawerence 3) Jeremy Mincey 4) Randy Gregory 5) Kenneth Boatright 6) Jack Crawford

SLB - 1) Sean Lee 2) Keith Rivers 3) Kyle Wilber 4) Cameron Lawerence 5) Will Smith

MLB - 1) Rolando McClain 2) Jasper Brinkley 3) Damien Wilson 4) Andrew Gachkar 5) Troy Davis

WLB - 1) Anthony Hitchens 2) Dekota Watson 3) Keith Smith 4) Mark Nzeocha

LCB - 1) Brandon Carr 2) Byron Jones 3) Robert Steeples

FS - 1) JJ Wilcox 2) Jeff Heath

SS - 1) Barry Church 2) Keelan Johnson

RCB - 1) Orlando Scandrick 2) Morris Claiborne 3) Corey White 4) Tyler Patmon

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to keep adding Football players. Don't be surprised if this "improved" team has less wins than last years team...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"RDE - 1) Greg Hardy 2) Demarcus Lawerence 3) Jeremy Mincey 4) Randy Gregory"

A lot I disagree with, but I'll stick with this. You really think there is any chance of this? Crawford is the 3 tech, not the Strong Side DE based on this offseason's additions and last years play. These guys are all playing DE snaps...somehow, someway...they all get in the rotation. Starters don't really matter to me.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to keep adding Football players. Don't be surprised if this "improved" team has less wins than last years team...
It's possible but I feel that this team has the talent to get to the SB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible but I feel that this team has the talent to get to the SB.

Of course, we almost made it last year. But, those playoff games are pretty tough to string together without a bad game. The Giants and Ravens proved you don't have to be great to win a SB but you do need to play right when it matters

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"RDE - 1) Greg Hardy 2) Demarcus Lawerence 3) Jeremy Mincey 4) Randy Gregory"

A lot I disagree with, but I'll stick with this. You really think there is any chance of this? Crawford is the 3 tech, not the Strong Side DE based on this offseason's additions and last years play. These guys are all playing DE snaps...somehow, someway...they all get in the rotation. Starters don't really matter to me.
Tyrone Crawford is kind of undersized for a 3 tech. Kick him out at RDE as a run stopper doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL will have Crawford as 3tech, they've already said that DLaw will be the RDE, which to me is odd because the reason the Boys traded a 2 and 3 last year for DLaw was because they said he was the last of the impact LDE's on the board. They didn't see him as a RDE, but maybe he played the run so well last year that they have faith he can fit at RDE, completely different roles from LDE to RDE, we will see though. I think for sure that Gregory is a LDE; so I guess moving DLaw to RDE this year works out not only for this year now, but also the future as I can't ever see Gregory playing at RDE as he is a great pass rusher, but average at best at getting to the run. IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL will have Crawford as 3tech, they've already said that DLaw will be the RDE, which to me is odd because the reason the Boys traded a 2 and 3 last year for DLaw was because they said he was the last of the impact LDE's on the board. They didn't see him as a RDE, but maybe he played the run so well last year that they have faith he can fit at RDE, completely different roles from LDE to RDE, we will see though. I think for sure that Gregory is a LDE; so I guess moving DLaw to RDE this year works out not only for this year now, but also the future as I can't ever see Gregory playing at RDE as he is a great pass rusher, but average at best at getting to the run. IMO

I think you are mixing up your rights and lefts

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RYAN WILLIAMS is the wild card for me

If he is healthy and can block on 3rd down watch the yards start flying

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RYAN WILLIAMS is the wild card for me

If he is healthy and can block on 3rd down watch the yards start flying

I don't think you are going to see Williams on 3rd down even if he earns carries. It's just not his thing. I do think he would easily be our best short yardage guy if he earns a spot on the 53.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring Collins who is a lock. Positions most likely to see one of this years UDFA's make the roster at...in no particular order:
WR, KR/PR (could be the same guy as the WR), 1Tech (maybe even 3 Tech), S, CB, Center

Obviously every position is a possibility, but the above are the ones I see a real good opportunity at. It's pretty likely that a WR and a KR will make the team. There are a couple of likely candidates already for this spot and maybe two spots. The other positions are just the ones that I think it wouldn't be too difficult for someone to crack the roster at even though I'm not sure we have a good enough guy at any of those spots to do it. RB would also be an obvious choice, but I think we already have 4 decent guys that are probably fighting for 3 spots and it wouldn't be easy to jump two of them. 1 Tech we seem pretty small at with Brent's retirement so this could be the other likely spot that a UFDA makes it especially if he could clog the middle.