• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strengh of Schedule

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how the 49ers have the 4th hardest schedule. The last 3 years we have been in the top 5. We finish 2nd this year in the division and some how Seattle is 6th. Now I agree its not a big difference but I don't get how we are ahead of Seattle and ahead of 6 other division winners.

NFL needs to fix this. I feel bad for Oakland. They have the hardest schedule in the NFL.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are #3. That makes no sense at all... Until you look at it mathematically.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
purguy12;4520458[B said:
]I just don't get how the 49ers have the 4th hardest schedule. The last 3 years we have been in the top 5. We finish 2nd this year in the division and some how Seattle is 6th[/B]. Now I agree its not a big difference but I don't get how we are ahead of Seattle and ahead of 6 other division winners.

NFL needs to fix this. I feel bad for Oakland. They have the hardest schedule in the NFL.

It was just an odd year. Based on our finish this year we play the second place teams in the North and the South while Seattle has to face the first place teams in those divisions. Other than that, we play the same schedule as them. It just so happens that this year we get the Saints and Bears and they get the Packers and Carolina. Kind of a wash I'd say unless Seattle gets those at home and we get ours on the road.

One big difference I know of is Seattle gets Denver at home while the 49ers get them in Denver. Huge difference. Manning will be completely negated by the noise in Seattle.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funniest is the Raiders with #1. Reggie McDumbfuck bombed their draft last year and he is around to fuck up another one this year. I can't help but laugh my ass off at them.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The funniest is the Raiders with #1. Reggie McDumbfuck bombed their draft last year and he is around to fuck up another one this year. I can't help but laugh my ass off at them.

There's no way the raiders are winning more than 6 games this season. You can say goodbye to Reggie and Dennis Allen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how the 49ers have the 4th hardest schedule. The last 3 years we have been in the top 5. We finish 2nd this year in the division and some how Seattle is 6th. Now I agree its not a big difference but I don't get how we are ahead of Seattle and ahead of 6 other division winners.

There is no fixing this. Schedules are predetermined pretty much years in advance other than a couple of games a year. You could figure out who the 49ers will play in 10 years other than a handful of games. So again there is nothing the NFL really can do unless you want to scrap the whole schedule system that has been around for years upon years. It just so happens for San Fran that they play in the NFC West the toughest division in football plus play the top AFC division for the year. Just the luck of the draw. A few years ago when the NFC West stunk they had some of the easiest schedules so it just depends on division and which teams happen to be doing well at that time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way the raiders are winning more than 6 games this season. You can say goodbye to Reggie and Dennis Allen.

They probably won't win 6 games combined after the next two seasons.

Reggie is gonna do something retarded like take Fales in the first round. He'll defend it by claiming he has a stronger arm than Flynn.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They probably won't win 6 games combined after the next two seasons.

Reggie is gonna do something retarded like take Fales in the first round. He'll defend it by claiming he has a stronger arm than Flynn.

My projected record for them is actually 4-12. But I'm feeling generous, so I'll give em two extra wins because of all that cap space they have.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at SOS in Feb is fun to talk about but pretty pointless. Pre-season good teams will be bad(ATL/Ravens) and bad teams will be good(Chiefs/AZ). Injuries/Free agency/Draft will make or break every team for that season.

As mentioned above what is there to fix? The Raiders have the hardest SOS because they play the Broncos/Chiefs/Chargers(all playoff teams) twice and the NFC West this year, the 2 best divisions in each conference right now. Bottom line, if you play in a strong division then you'll have a high SOS.