• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Strat @ Mutts

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a FA out there besides Harper (likely a Turdinal) or Machado (likely a doyer) that would help much. So, IMO, it's gotta be a trade. I think both Belt and Panik have value but we would not be selling high. Strick probably has a little more value. In any event, the bullpen is where they could deal a vet since Moronta's emergence.

I'm not sure who'll the new GM will target, but she probably has a few guys in mind.

But the point is, if you trade guys you don't really improve the team, you give up value to get value. It doesn't move the needle. Now, if you have a surplus say in the bullpen and you deal one of those guys for a bat maybe you help a little but come on. If you think we can trade low on Belt (our best hitter when healthy) and Panik and make the playoffs with this group plus whatever meh guys you get for them you are completely nuts.

The Giants are simply in a very tough spot. They had a tremendous run, and the window is now closed. It's pretty hard to stay competitive for more than a 5-6 year period, and that's where we are now. They have to do something different.

I'm encouraged by every single radio report that no one is off limits. They may not trade Bumgarner but they will DEFINITELY put him out there this winter and see what the offers are. Atlanta would be the perfect fit, and they have lots of young pitching and other talent to offer. I think he ends up there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are simply in a very tough spot. They had a tremendous run, and the window is now closed. It's pretty hard to stay competitive for more than a 5-6 year period, and that's where we are now. They have to do something different.
This is where I am. The FO is getting a bit of a bum wrap right now, I think. They mortgaged future flexibility for current success, and they did right by the guys who brought the franchise to never-before-seen heights. Right now, we are simply dealing with having to pay the bills for the early part of the decade.

I don’t agree with all their decisions, but I back those who made them.