• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.20 Mutts @Manaeanator

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. L Wade Jr. (L) LF
  2. T Estrada (R) 2B
  3. M Conforto (L) DH
  4. J Davis (R) 3B
  5. M Yastrzemski (L) RF
  6. W Flores (R) 1B
  7. B Crawford (L) SS
  8. B Sabol (L) C
  9. B Wisely (L) CF
P Manaea

Please don't pitch like shit, Sean.

I will be at Chase saying goodbye to the dynasty tonight. Good luck boys.
Have fun.

I bailed on basketball in the mid-90s after the whole Weber fiasco. I was also living in Miami at the time and didn’t have much of an anchor to the team anymore, so it was easy for me to walk away. But since the advent of the internet and the Warriors rise to prominence, I kinda put a half-foot back into dub-fandom. But i suspect, with the likely death of the dynasty this week, my fandom of the team will fade back to non-existence.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have fun.

I bailed on basketball in the mid-90s after the whole Weber fiasco. I was also living in Miami at the time and didn’t have much of an anchor to the team anymore, so it was easy for me to walk away. But since the advent of the internet and the Warriors rise to prominence, I kinda put a half-foot back into dub-fandom. But i suspect, with the likely death of the dynasty this week, my fandom of the team will fade back to non-existence.
Its been fun watching the Warriors dominate but I was never a real fan of the team. I had a partial interest in the Kings back in the late 90s/early 00s but when I met my wife, we made an agreement. I would become a Lakers' fan and she would become a Giants' fan. She didn't have much interest in baseball and I didn't have much interest in basketball so I reluctantly agreed (she semi-threatened to root for the Dodgers if I didn't root for the Lakers and I didn't need to make any more Dodger fans down here). However, she hasn't really followed the Lakers since Bryant retired while I still adamently follow the Giants. I don't think she'd notice if I quietly rooted for the Warriors or Kings but I'm not that much of an NBA fan so I won't bother.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its been fun watching the Warriors dominate but I was never a real fan of the team. I had a partial interest in the Kings back in the late 90s/early 00s but when I met my wife, we made an agreement. I would become a Lakers' fan and she would become a Giants' fan. She didn't have much interest in baseball and I didn't have much interest in basketball so I reluctantly agreed (she semi-threatened to root for the Dodgers if I didn't root for the Lakers and I didn't need to make any more Dodger fans down here). However, she hasn't really followed the Lakers since Bryant retired while I still adamently follow the Giants. I don't think she'd notice if I quietly rooted for the Warriors or Kings but I'm not that much of an NBA fan so I won't bother.
That sounds like a fair trade. One I would probably be able to make myself, seeing as I am a very admitted fair-weather dub fan. Give me any incentive at all to change my allegiance and I suspect I would jump at the offer.

My fandom probably comes mainly due to the fact that I listen to KNBR.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like a fair trade. One I would probably be able to make myself, seeing as I am a very admitted fair-weather dub fan. Give me any incentive at all to change my allegiance and I suspect I would jump at the offer.

My fandom probably comes mainly due to the fact that I listen to KNBR.

I have rooted for the Dubs since the early 70's when I moved to the Bay Area from Minnesota. Loved the teams with Rick Barry, and the title in 1975 was awesome. Moved to LA in the 80's, and the Lakers were great, and the Dubs were, um, not so much. Have really enjoyed this run. I am not counting them out, but the "light years" thinking may have cost them. Hubris never wins. Curry has changed basketball, and probably not for the better. When I coached kids, all they wanted to do was shoot three's. Still, I am glad the Kings have emerged from their 20 years in the wilderness. They are a young, fun team to watch. I won't switch allegiances, but I will enjoy watching them play if/when the Dubs bow out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a few minutes behind. At this point, I doubt I will last long enough to get caught back up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this Sabol kid. Not certain I like him as a catcher, but he is definately athletic and he can hit (eventually, hopefully)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question…

Does Craw make it through the full season, or is he IL’d at some point and the job given to Schmitt or Wisely?

He is looking completely washed right now, both with the bat as well as with the glove.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question…

Does Craw make it through the full season, or is he IL’d at some point and the job given to Schmitt or Wisely?

He is looking completely washed right now, both with the bat as well as with the glove.

I hope he makes it through the season, but he does look a bit washed up. His fielding and his bat seem a tad slow.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that Villar hasn't been hitting well lately, but is putting him on the back of the bench really a good idea?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone forget to tell Tristan Beck that he is not pitching in AAA any longer? He's put up RiverCat numbers in this game, and that is not a compliment.