• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still Too Many Turnovers, But.......

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, not a bad performance against the Broncos.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All in all, not a bad performance against the Broncos.

the offensive line play is certainly encouraging. we won't get great QB play, but the next best thing is a good O-line.

On the D side, we'll be depending on the D-line a lot, too bad the key guys didn't get game reps.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offensive line play is certainly encouraging. we won't get great QB play, but the next best thing is a good O-line.

On the D side, we'll be depending on the D-line a lot, too bad the key guys didn't get game reps.
Yes I agree with deep here. QB will be shaky, but at least we got a good Oline. We can build on that. I think Hyde is going to have a big year. Fumbles are an issue right now at the RB spot. Way too many. WR are a concern. D has been solid but sill having a little trouble stopping the run(yes our main starters were out). Secondary looks good. They need to work on the short passes. It was great to see Eric Reid make a play.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL is still surprising me. Even the 2nd unit was good. Biggest surprise of the offseason imo. By FAR.

Seeing what we've seen so far, it still blows my mind that the a$$-clown coaching staff we had last year had Tiller and Brown on the bench for most of the season. Brown has done so well that Davis is a backup. Who the hell would've thought that? It'll be interesting to see if Davis gets some PS time at RG and even if he does, can he beat out Tiller, who has been solid out there?

Why is Martin still on the team? Why didn't we go out and draft or sign a better backup center? I just don't understand that.

Gabby was mediocre again, but no turnovers. It bothers me that someone like Kap can't easily beat Gabbert. I'd bet two-thirds of the Qbs in the league could beat out Gabby, so it speaks volumes imo that Kap hasn't.

The Cbs are starting to round into shape--we know who the starters and NCB will be and they haven't played bad so far.

A big boost to see bottom of the roster backups like Rush and G.Smith step up big against the Denver backups.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OL is still surprising me. Even the 2nd unit was good. Biggest surprise of the offseason imo. By FAR.

Seeing what we've seen so far, it still blows my mind that the a$$-clown coaching staff we had last year had Tiller and Brown on the bench for most of the season. Brown has done so well that Davis is a backup. Who the hell would've thought that? It'll be interesting to see if Davis gets some PS time at RG and even if he does, can he beat out Tiller, who has been solid out there?

Why is Martin still on the team? Why didn't we go out and draft or sign a better backup center? I just don't understand that.

Gabby was mediocre again, but no turnovers. It bothers me that someone like Kap can't easily beat Gabbert. I'd bet two-thirds of the Qbs in the league could beat out Gabby, so it speaks volumes imo that Kap hasn't.

The Cbs are starting to round into shape--we know who the starters and NCB will be and they haven't played bad so far.

A big boost to see bottom of the roster backups like Rush and G.Smith step up big against the Denver backups.

I'll be disappointed too if Marcus Martin goes into the season as the back-up Center. Because this also means he's likely the game day back-up for OG too. Predict we'll add another BACK-UP Center after teams cut down, we may even trade for one since we seem to have value at CB? No big trade by any means, but just don't see Marcus Martin remaining.

I'm ok we didn't draft a Center, cause i wouldn't give up any of the 1st to 4th round picks. So the earliest i'd have wanted a C, was round 5. I'd think a vet who gets cut will be better as the back-up, for this one season.

Yes, Marcus Martin is yet another wasted 3rd round pick, except he wasn't even close. Others are Lemonier and Brandon Thomas.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We have to keep our expectations low, we just don't have a good QB this season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree with deep here. QB will be shaky, but at least we got a good Oline. We can build on that. I think Hyde is going to have a big year. Fumbles are an issue right now at the RB spot. Way too many. WR are a concern. D has been solid but sill having a little trouble stopping the run(yes our main starters were out). Secondary looks good. They need to work on the short passes. It was great to see Eric Reid make a play.
I thought Christian Ponder looked pretty good even if he was playing against the Broncos' scrubs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also getting some sacks is nice to see. Another weakness we had last year. Props to the Oline and Pass rush so far. Running also looking good.