• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still need a LW or RW

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been MIA lately on these boards. But I think this team is 1 wing away from being set for a Cup run. I have almost lost all hope that Zherdev would be the player he once was in the NHL. Hopefully he can get it together but if not, I would like the Flyers to look to trade him in a deal to acquire a winger to play with Richards and JvR. Here are my candidates and add any players I dont list. There will be more to come in the future when trade deadline gets closer

1. Gagne - Yes Tampa is in 1st place in their division but he has been as much as a disappointment as Walker has been for the Flyers. Only played in 23 games due to injuries and has 3G and 4A and a -19. Returning in orange and playing alongside Richie again could be a boost for him. (also not sure how salary cap works whether his contract would be prorated for rest of year or not????)

2. Scottie Upshall- He is a FA at the end of the season and loved playing in philly. Never wanted to be traded. I dont see him returning there after the season. Maybe the Coyotes will even take their fan favorite Carcillo back in the trade? Who knows. He has 11G and 8A this season.

3. Kris Versteeg- GM Brian Burke said they are not trading him but he has been involved in so many rumors this season. he has 1 more year at about 3 million. I think they would want too much for what the Flyers can offer. But would be a great pickup. Hes only 24. 10G 18A with a -10 on a very very bad Toronto team.

4. MORE TO COME

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to multiple sources out of Toronto, Kris Versteeg is going to LA for Brayden Schenn, a 1st, and future considerations. :D

What you don't include is what goes the other way. Given the cap, the Flyers would almost have to send greater than or equal money the other way just to offset the cap. And the only thing the Flyers can (or are willing to give up) are wingers, and none of those guys are a clear upgrade to what they have now.

If you haven't already used it, waste a few hours playing around here. I'm 86% sure the NHL and GMs figure out trades and the cap using that thing.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rumors of wings being shopped by the devils yet and dont know how much cap space you guys have but fire and ice is saying theirs a strong chance arnott will be available.that said with grioux and carte both able to play wing you think that may be an option arnott has been one of our few bright spots.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cough**Carter for Parise**cough

$4.5M for Arnott is about $5M more than the Flyers can afford.

And Carter can't play wing. He does on occasion, but those are the games he doesn't do shit. And that's coming from probably the biggest Carter fan on this board.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Versteeg since he played us in the finals i'd go with him