• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Spurrier calls it the "Saban Rule"

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban isn't his elder.

And I don't give a tiny bit of a fuck what the bible says. It means less than nothing.

Yep thinking you didn't go to college as Bo said! Not sharpest tool in the shed are you? Most the time when one feels inferior they resort to name calling. Sorry to hear your comments about the bible. It tells me a lot!

Learn what "respect your elders" means whether you use the bible or not! You won't look so ignorant.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what it means. It doesn't change the fact that Saban is not his elder. Simply being older doesn't make you an elder. He was never in any position of authority or mentorship or anything you could even argue put him in an elder role. He was just a guy who talked too much and too boring in a bad sales pitch.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elder=older with experience/respect. Been there done that. Set a path for the youth. etc. etc. etc.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban would have been his elder if he went to Alabama. As is he's just a random shitty salesperson to Clowney.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can respect a poster as long as they come correct and not disrespect an institution by calling it a shitty school, once you start doing that you lose all respect and credibility as a poster from then on with me. I dont go around calling anyone's , least of all your school(if you even attended one), a shitty school and I will ask that you refrain from this practice of my Alma Mater. I notice you are not proud enough to post one in the college ranks, which lends to my thoughts that maybe you are unaffiliated and a non graduate of a (shitty school) of any type. As long as you dont make it personal, it wont get that way, but please act like you have some sense and dont bad mouth an institution of higher learning like Alabama.

As for Clowney and his comments, what can you expect from a player who sold out his school on his final year and mailed in his season to keep from getting hurt. He will be the type of player in the NFL that takes downs off when you most need him and as far as I am concerned, he will never be as great on the field as he thinks he is.

If you're getting your feelings hurt on a freakin' sports message board, you might be too sensitive to post here. C'mon guy, it's a sports message board. Who gives a shit if somebody is bad mouthing your alma mater on a sports message board?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if Clowney was 17 years old when he signed his LOI? My guess is he was 18 when he signed his LOI. Now, in terms of being considered an adult...what Clowney said may be interpreted as disrespectful. However, would love to see you do what to your (adult) son exactly if he disrespected a college football coach.

I was taught to own my actions as an adult. My parents raised me right...but since I'm an adult...my parents aren't disciplining me anymore!!!

Facts are facts: Saban couldn't recruit AND win as the coach of Michigan st. Saban was totally an average coach that couldn't sway recruits from the traditional Big TEN powers then. So considering what Clowney stated, maybe Saban learned how to 'sweet-talk-the-recruits'. My guess is Clowney was buying what the "talker" was shoveling. You know...the entitlement problem and all...

I'm willing to bet money Clowney doesn't have a daddy......

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet money Clowney doesn't have a daddy......

Bet you're right but ask JDM. All of a sudden he has a vested interest in Clowney clear across the country! He knows all! :rollseyes:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, players decomit in the recruiting process. Happens every year. Doesn't matter what year the recruiting takes place in. No big deal.

Can't wait to hear your thought process on Saban's ineptitude as the MSU coach!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to have a vested interest to tell you calling someone boring isn't some greatly offensive shit like you're making it out to be?

Or to tell you that simply being old doesn't make you an elder or worthy of respect?

Or that the Bible's a joke?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you're right but ask JDM. All of a sudden he has a vested interest in Clowney clear across the country! He knows all! :rollseyes:

For the record, my dad would have slapped the taste out of my mouth if I spoke like that about Saban and if I had any kids, I would slap the shit out of them as well.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, my dad would have slapped the taste out of my mouth if I spoke like that about Saban and if I had any kids, I would slap the shit out of them as well.

I think JDM would too but he is in so deep that his pride and ego has taken over. Either that or he is about 22 himself! You would have to be a pretty shitty parent to let your child talk about a coach like that, in public much less! Like him or not, or a coach for that matter, they have given their lives to shape and mold children into men and tht deserves respect. There are many macho posters on here who like to make fun of this type talk and think people will make fun of them if they do. I really don't care! It's a little ironic because they kind of take on the "tough internet" guy persona that we all make fun of anyway!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what he said that is so terrible. I'm still waiting for that.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what he said that is so terrible. I'm still waiting for that.

I guess it's a southern-western thing. Because I promise that is disrespectful where I come from! If you can't read it and figure it out yourself than there is a huge culture gap as well as a huge difference between respect and none in your part of the country. Y'all are so damn liberal up there nothing would shock anyone. It's all good and it's all allowed!

You know there are issues when your own coach won't vouch for you!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect is telling it how it is. Hiding your thoughts isn't respectful. It's cowardice, or in some cases active disrespect.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JDM would too but he is in so deep that his pride and ego has taken over. Either that or he is about 22 himself! You would have to be a pretty shitty parent to let your child talk about a coach like that, in public much less! Like him or not, or a coach for that matter, they have given their lives to shape and mold children into men and tht deserves respect. There are many macho posters on here who like to make fun of this type talk and think people will make fun of them if they do. I really don't care! It's a little ironic because they kind of take on the "tough internet" guy persona that we all make fun of anyway!
Are you really stating that Saban is taking children, ages 18-23, and molding them into men?