• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Kerr is back

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke earned himself a head coaching gig next season if he wants it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke earned himself a head coaching gig next season if he wants it.

He'll easily be amount the most sought after coaching candidates this off-season. I do hope he would stick around another year or two. Gentry left last year. If Walton leaves, it just messes again with continuity. I have a feeling though for as long as the Warriors sustain a high level of play, their head assistant job will be a revolving door.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the Lakers to fire Scott and hire Luke Walton

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go. Now maybe we will see some of what you said is missing in terms of consistency and focus.

Defensive consistency. Never said the team was not focused, just not on their A game defensively. Their offense has always been championship caliber.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive consistency. Never said the team was not focused, just not on their A game defensively. Their offense has always been championship caliber.
Oh no I know and that's what I was referring to. We're on the same page- not a dig at all.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers should hire Walton next season.

The question that no one has considered...would he want it?

There will be a lot of attractive opportunities for him to coach this off-season if he wants to seek a head coaching job. Suns/Lakers/Minnesota/Houston/Washington could all have openings this off season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if they lose back to back games do they fire Kerr? JK. walton will get a HC job after this year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll easily be amount the most sought after coaching candidates this off-season. I do hope he would stick around another year or two. Gentry left last year. If Walton leaves, it just messes again with continuity. I have a feeling though for as long as the Warriors sustain a high level of play, their head assistant job will be a revolving door.

Agree, but let's be careful before calling Walton the next Phil Jackson. If the Lakers do hire him, and I think that's not a bad idea, he's not inheriting a young, intact, chip winning team to run. Let's see what he does with a lesser team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was hoping GS would lose tonight so I could blame it on Kerr. :(

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton would fit great in Portland.

Blazers have the shooters and he could run a similar offense he ran at GS.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question that no one has considered...would he want it?

That's hard to say. He spent his entire career save one season with the Lakers, they kept him on the roster (at Phil's insistence I believe) a lot longer than many teams would have and he has a couple of championship rings. Plus, when he started having injury issues, Phil started assigning him some coaching duties when he couldn't play.

Phil loved him because he was so smart and learned the triangle faster than just about any player Phil ever coached. Phil used to put him in the game to get the offense back on track when he felt the team wasn't running it correctly.

So, the Lakers might be attractive to him because of all of that history and the opportunity to turn them into the kind of team he wants.

On the other hand, as you mentioned, there are other teams that could present opportunities to win sooner. A lot of what the Lakers are capable of will depend on who they get in FA and who they get in the draft, if they get a chance to draft someone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest here guys. With all due respect to Luke, you could have pretty much put ANYONE on that bench to cover for Kerr and they'd still win, with Curry and Klay on the team.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest here guys. With all due respect to Luke, you could have pretty much put ANYONE on that bench to cover for Kerr and they'd still win, with Curry and Klay on the team.

What about mark Jackson?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about mark Jackson?

Well, he did say "pretty much anyone." :lol:

Seriously though, we don't really know for certain if they would be doing the same things if Jackson were still the coach. Was what they have done since the beginning of last season a natural progression of what they were doing under Jackson? Or is it truly because Kerr is that much better?

It reminds me of the Kobe/Shaq Lakers who only went as far as the WCF under Del Harris. The Lakers fired Harris, hired Phil and won a title in Phil's first season. One wonders if they'd have won it with Harris still coaching, or was it all Phil?

Maybe a little of both in each case?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did say "pretty much anyone." :lol:

Seriously though, we don't really know for certain if they would be doing the same things if Jackson were still the coach. Was what they have done since the beginning of last season a natural progression of what they were doing under Jackson? Or is it truly because Kerr is that much better?

It reminds me of the Kobe/Shaq Lakers who only went as far as the WCF under Del Harris. The Lakers fired Harris, hired Phil and won a title in Phil's first season. One wonders if they'd have won it with Harris still coaching, or was it all Phil?

Maybe a little of both in each case?

Oh we know Jackson was holding them back. They don't even play the same way. He had Curry (any many other players) pigeonholed into the way Mark Jackson thinks the NBA works instead of evaluating Curry's talents and building a system to suit it, which is what Kerr did. Mark Jackson had a Ferrari and put 87 Octane in it.