• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is Shamarko's window had already closed as a starter in PIT...last year was the year for him to step up and take the position....having to cling to a 34 y/o instead of him pretty much sealed his fate as a ST guy in PIT.
Yep. Not sure why the author of that article was speculating about it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Not sure why the author of that article was speculating about it.

Late to the party I guess.

He had his issues on STs, but for the most part he has played that role okay...let him play out his rookie deal as a STer unless the draft pick is just as good on ST and you need that roster spot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be interested to hear about who these "suitors" were. Still happy that he decided to stay here. Not sure they will be able to retain Wheaton after this season, especially after they pay AB. Then they will have to prepare to pay Bryant. Wheaton seems like the odd man out unless they (wisely) extend him this offseason. Having DHB around will add stability, and hopefully Coates takes a big step forward.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiot. It doesn't matter what people think about pot being illegal, the fact is it is not allowed. He knows the rules, and still chooses to go against them. Trade him while he still has value and let him throw away his career elsewhere. Santonio Holmes ring any bells? I bet if anyone asks Santonio if he regrets his decisions while he was here, the answer would definitely be yes.

What pisses me off the most is that Ben has been reaching out countless times trying to motivate this kid. That is a direct slap in the face to him. Ben has to be feeling pretty betrayed right now. Martavis has been drafted to one of the NFL's most stable franchises, with some of the best support to surround himself with and he still can't live his life on the straight & narrow. If he can't make it with this team, then he's not likely to make it anywhere.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did a coach tell him last year "The only thing that can stop you, is yourself".

Something like that.
Coaches, teammates, even his mom said something along those lines...

I'm hearing further reports that it was "missed" drug tests not "failed". But a missed drug test is still a failure to comply. So same result. But he claims its from depression?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Steelers Martavis Bryant to appeal suspension, plans to enter rehab

Quotes from his agent:
"We're all stunned, me included," Bryant's agent Brian Fettner said. "We clearly miscalculated the issue. His isn't a party issue. It's a coping issue and a depression issue, and he's got to take care of it."

"This is the biggest cry for help I've ever seen. And that hurts. It hurts us to see," Fettner said. "He's 24 years old and he's got to get right, whatever it is."

"If you talk to anybody's family that has depression, they will be talking about these same things - the (despondence), the withdrawal, the head-in-the-sand despair - just trying to cope."

"This is a long road to earn people's trust back, but honestly, we can't even worry about that right now," Fettner said. "You've got to get him healthy."

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did a coach tell him last year "The only thing that can stop you, is yourself".

Something like that.

Bryant...going the way of Josh Gordon...can't stay off the ganja...wish the kid the best, but strap it on Coates...your time might be now!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant could be looking at a year out?????? Fuck
I'm hoping that his appeal will decrease the suspension. He didn't test positive, he just missed the tests causing a "failure to comply". He's battling depression, or so he says. If that is true then I hope he gets the help he needs before returning to the field.