• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chickillo was the '15 camp darling but failed to impress much in last preseason. Should be interesting to see how he progresses. I know he's a very hard worker and is very dedicated so I'm optimistic about him. Hard to tell with Z-man. I like his motor & tenacity, but so far he hasn't done much to impress anyone outside of a few decent preseason performances. Didn't he get injury waived last offseason and then cleared waivers, thus wound up back on the team's IR? Pretty sure that's what happened. I'm curious about Spence & Garvin as well. Haven't heard much outside of a few team visits. Spence visited Miami, & Garvin went to the 'Skins facility. Losing both would leave a pretty big hole on the team's depth charts. I would definitely expect an ILB to be drafted if both leave. Regardless it would open the door for guys like Z-man & Chickillo looking to make a bigger impact.

I haven't officially updated my mock yet, but 25 still looks like a DL or CB to me will be BPA. I'm most curious about 58 now...S is where I expect them to go and guys we've talked about (Killerbrew, Thompson, etc.) probably will be there...Cash has been rising on some big boards, and Kearse has been dropping on some.

I have started to look at OT for rd 3 now and a name that I want to research more...Kyle Murphy...OT Stanford.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't officially updated my mock yet, but 25 still looks like a DL or CB to me will be BPA. I'm most curious about 58 now...S is where I expect them to go and guys we've talked about (Killerbrew, Thompson, etc.) probably will be there...Cash has been rising on some big boards, and Kearse has been dropping on some.

I have started to look at OT for rd 3 now and a name that I want to research more...Kyle Murphy...OT Stanford.
I'm going to wait another week into FA until I start throwing mocks around. I think there are a few more decisions to be made by Colbert & Co before we get the full picture. I'm hoping to hear something about Okung today. Then I think we'll hear about some restructures & possibly Spence/Garvin. Just my guess...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to wait another week into FA until I start throwing mocks around. I think there are a few more decisions to be made by Colbert & Co before we get the full picture. I'm hoping to hear something about Okung today. Then I think we'll hear about some restructures & possibly Spence/Garvin. Just my guess...

Smart...this 32 team mock stuff can be pretty heavy. I thought it might take me a couple of hours to do rd 1...it took a couple of days.

Suprising, I don't see a whole of turnover after FA in the 1st rd...(I'm only doing 4 since PIT doesn't have a 5th or 6th.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart...this 32 team mock stuff can be pretty heavy. I thought it might take me a couple of hours to do rd 1...it took a couple of days.

Suprising, I don't see a whole of turnover after FA in the 1st rd...(I'm only doing 4 since PIT doesn't have a 5th or 6th.
I hardly ever do all 32 myself. I like to join mock forums and fastrack everything to where I only draft for PIT. Makes the entire mock more realistic.

You'll have to update your's since PIT now gets a 6th round comp pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hardly ever do all 32 myself. I like to join mock forums and fastrack everything to where I only draft for PIT. Makes the entire mock more realistic.

You'll have to update your's since PIT now gets a 6th round comp pick.

Makes way more sense, but I thought I could breeze thru 32, 31 actually picks.

If you put thought into a 32 it will sort of force the Steeler mock to be realistic by default (my objective as well)...it just takes a whole more time to figure the other teams needs.

6th...nice to see, but I was only going as far as 4 since there was no 5 or 6...plus I don't have THAT much time....if nothing else good exercise for our SportsHoopla mock here whenever it kicks off...I think I'm the lead dog this time, which is fine.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes way more sense, but I thought I could breeze thru 32, 31 actually picks.

If you put thought into a 32 it will sort of force the Steeler mock to be realistic by default (my objective as well)...it just takes a whole more time to figure the other teams needs.

6th...nice to see, but I was only going as far as 4 since there was no 5 or 6...plus I don't have THAT much time....if nothing else good exercise for our SportsHoopla mock here whenever it kicks off...I think I'm the lead dog this time, which is fine.
Yea its definitely more time consuming. Hence why I rarely do them myself. Mockdraft sites are fairly realistic, but you never know if the people signed up for each team are real fans of the team or if they even know that much about them. That's why I love this sites' mock. Each team is usually represented by a group of people so you get a lot more 'accuracy'. Obviously the real draft goes a lot different, but the team needs are usually very well represented. Makes the prospect lists more realistic for each round.

Make sure to start up a thread for that mock! I'd love to help out! Starts in early April IIRC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix, Shark & Boz artwork:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adamski: Shakim Phillips, as it stands now, is the proverbial “next man up” at receiver

Good article about the (likely) forgotten, Shakim Phillips. Title is a bit misleading given the circumstance surrounding Bryant. He's not talking about Phillips filling Bryant's void, but rather getting the #5 WR spot because everyone above him moves up the depth chart.

I liked Phillips' size & ability. Still has a lot of work to do with his route tree, but he showed decent hands & burst in limited action. Reminds me of Justin Brown (Raw WR project from a few seasons ago that went to the Bills. Should add he is a FA right now). He turned a lot of heads in 1 game last preseason with a great catch & run, but then followed up that performance with a multi-drop game the following week. He & Eli Rogers will be fun to watch this offseason. Both have a decent shot at staking a claim for Wheaton's spot in '17.