• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stedmon Bailey

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even that is not a legitimate excuse. When you get to this level, and you're making this kind of $$$ you need to be responsible enough to fulfill your obligations. If he had to stay up all night to be sure to make that test then so be it. My father was a foreman at a nuclear power plant in Tennessee----TVA. If he was late for work twice in a year FOR ANY REASON he would have been fired. Accountability is difficult to find these days, especially in spoiled athletes that are not mature enough to handle it.

Jesus Christ, dude. He was late for a test. Lol.

For the record, I'm with you, BOSS (although, maybe just not quite as fired up about it. Lol). I'm not condoning it, or saying it should be excused at all. Rules are the rules. If they say show up on time or you fail... then you'd better be there on time.

Then again, we don't even know if his story is even true, or not. Remember, JoLonn Dunbar made a similar statement when he got busted. Could be that Bailey did fail the test, straight up. Still trying to track down more info, though.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accountability is key... here is to hoping he learns a lesson from this.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep KSUDodger. If highly paid business people are expected to be on-time among a host of responsibilities, why should the athletes think they are exempt? If you can't buck up and accpet the responsibilities and all that goes with being a highly paid entertainer/athlete, then go flip burgers for a living. May be then you can come into work when you want or in this case show-up for a piss test or whatever it was.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Fisher,
Please hire a babysitter for your players.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babysitter?! I thought Fisher was the psychosocial miracle worker, Red?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babysitter?! I thought Fisher was the psychosocial miracle worker, Red?

Maybe, but when I watched kids we always made it to dance class and summer reading on time.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the record, I'm with you, BOSS (although, maybe just not quite as fired up about it. Lol). I'm not condoning it, or saying it should be excused at all. Rules are the rules. If they say show up on time or you fail... then you'd better be there on time.

Then again, we don't even know if his story is even true, or not. Remember, JoLonn Dunbar made a similar statement when he got busted. Could be that Bailey did fail the test, straight up. Still trying to track down more info, though.

Call me hard-nosed or whatever. But I guess I've become a little cynical when I see pro athletes get paid all the $$$ they get AND be held to much softer standards than the rest of us. Many of us have far far more important jobs to society than playing a game for a living. And if we would do the things that these guys do we'd be out the door fast. Yes, I know they make their employers more money than most of the rest of us do, but regardless, it doesn't excuse their behavior.

Discipline often is the only thing separating success from lack thereof Caynine. I've learned it the hard way, and I'm sure I'm not alone here.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I hope you guys don't get your hands on a time machine and judge me for every mistake I made when I was 23 yrs old!

I completely understand the frustration, but don't forget, the Rams already have all of their babysitters watching Jenkins and Britt.

Looks like Stan K. needs to fork over some more $$ to hire more babysitters. At least we TRY to keep our players held to some kind of standards, when was the last time a Ram made a terrorist threat at LAX?

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I know for sure is that he'll not be playing the 1st 4 games of the season...Ia late show" excuse...That's ...My dad used to ask me why did something...I'd reply and he would almost always tell me "that's an excuse, not a reason"...He damn sure better make sure this is an isolated incident, or his career could be much shorter than he ever anticipated....

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute joke

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad it wasn't Bradford who was late for the test. (Sorry Bradford fans).

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good Silas. But you know Bradford is a stand-up role model type guy. Can't play QB for squat, but he'd make a great kindergarten teacher.....

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant...Gets himself suspended for 4 games for Ped"s...What the fuck is wrong with these assholes ??? It's on NFL.com front page...Way to fuck your team ...Damnit, this pisses me off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow mikey. I've never seen you get this upset in the past. Unless of course the topic turned to mock drafts. :lol:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, of course, its my Avatar!!!! I was thinking big things next year. Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is big on making examples out of their players that trip up. Thus the harsh four game suspension. Lesson is....don't be late.