• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State your case

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The underneath coverage was even further away - as I said, Manningham was wide open. Manningham had a free release off the line and ran open down the left hash.

That is bullcrap.

If Manningham's route was a 10 yard hitch it could of been.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wide open is a relative term. When the QB throws 12 MPH, wide open becomes covered really quickly.

Were you one of the tards who complained that Smith launched a rocket at Delanie when he was 15 yards away during the Jets game?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL!! Clearly you have never watched this play -

You see the 10 guys on D and the safety is deep center.

93 fades away from Manningham, 59 is on Gore, and 20 drops straight back.

A hitch on the left hatches was the hole in the zones.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

93 fades away from Manningham and 20 drops straight back.

Lol, this picture doesn't prove anything. And Walker wasn't running a hitch. He ran more of a slow developing wheel route.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol, this picture doesn't prove anything. And Walker wasn't running a hitch. He ran more of a slow developing wheel route.

Who said Walker was running a hitch?

I am saying Manningham could only be said to be open if he stopped down past the first down line. We have people imagining he was open as it was with the Safety right over the top watching the QB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Walker was running a hitch?

I am saying Manningham could only be said to be open if he stopped down past the first down line. We have people imagining he was open as it was with the Safety right over the top watching the QB.

Regardless of where YOU think Manningham should've stopped his hitch, it's indisputable that he was more open than Walker. I don't get the discussion here.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Regardless of where YOU think Manningham should've stopped his hitch, it's indisputable that he was more open than Walker. I don't get the discussion here.

Different play. He would of been open for a hit right after or as the catch was made.

Walker pass was a jump ball type play.

Nobody was open. The Walker throw should of been more sideline if made at all.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's basically saying that Alex throws too hard on some passes and floats others. I can't argue with that; those two statements aren't contradictory. That's what happens when you have an inconsistent QB who at times looks inaccurate.

Saying you want downfield shots doesn't mean you want bad decisions downfield. That's what that pass was. I understand the aura of hypocrisy to those screaming for a deep pass, but it's not like all deep passes are toss ups. So it's a bit insulting to sports SportsHoopla guys to say that they are blind to good deep shots and bad deep shots. There's a difference between a risky pass, a low percentage shot, and a bad decision. Execution is separate from bad decisions (though both could happen on the same play).

Sometimes, Smith gives up on a downfield pass before the point where deciding whether taking a shot is a good or bad decision has come. So some of the criticism isn't him passing up a guy who is open but rather bailing on an opportunity where he didn't even evaluate whether a pass would be a good decision or not.

I'm a big Smith supporter, but I'll take this as a bad game with bad decisions, move on, and hope for the Seattle game to be a great game. I won't say that was as bad of a decision than the others, and it certainly isn't one that others don't also make.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

93 fades away from Manningham, 59 is on Gore, and 20 drops straight back.

Thanks for proving my point. The highlighted circle is Manningham releasing free from the LOS with Walker in the trail position. When Walker runs the "out" part of the wheel route, he takes #20 leaving Manningham WIDE OPEN along the seam with nobody covering him underneath.

You need to realize that even the first picture you posted Manningham is turning in 8-yards in front of the safety who is still in his back pedal. Trust me or not, but Manningham should have been Smith's target on this play.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's basically saying that Alex throws too hard on some passes and floats others. I can't argue with that; those two statements aren't contradictory. That's what happens when you have an inconsistent QB who at times looks inaccurate.

Saying you want downfield shots doesn't mean you want bad decisions downfield. That's what that pass was. I understand the aura of hypocrisy to those screaming for a deep pass, but it's not like all deep passes are toss ups. So it's a bit insulting to sports SportsHoopla guys to say that they are blind to good deep shots and bad shots. There's a difference between a risky pass, a low percentage shot, and a bad decision. Execution is separate from bad decisions (though both could happen on the same play).

Sometimes, Smith gives up on a downfield pass before the point where deciding whether taking a shot is a good or bad decision has come. So some of the criticism isn't him passing up a guy who is open but rather bailing on an opportunity where he didn't even evaluate whether a pass would be a good decision or not.

I'm a big Smith supporter, but I'll take this as a bad game with bad decisions, move on, and hope for the Seattle game to be a great game.

This.

We are still 4-2 with alex at the helm. Chalking it up to a bad game move on to seattle.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You need to realize that even the first picture you posted Manningham is turning in 8-yards in front of the safety who is still in his back pedal. Trust me or not, but Manningham should have been Smith's target on this play.

The ball would be traveling 25 yards and the Safety watches it release.

There would of been a collision.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the play work in imagination land then?

It's Fantasy Land and it works great! Look, you throw your pass to Walker, I'll throw my pass to Manningham.