• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State your case

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 defenders? The other 2 were 5 or so yards away at the time.

In the Jets game on the sideline he jumped over a guy and made the catch.

Giants intercept Alex Smith - NFL Videos

The Giants can only focus on a couple guys on any play. That is why the safety couldn't get to it. Walker was the best shot on the play.

Walker just sorta waited for it and caught the db.

It was only like a 10% PI 20% catch 20% INT 50% incomplete decision and I don't really like it.

But I thought the gaggle of morons on the board wanted this vs. the 3 yard pass to Gore leaking out of the backfield?

Walker was the best shot? Not even close!

Manningham was WIDE OPEN from the moment he came off the line and should have been Smith's target on the INT to Walker. Smith never saw Manningham because he was too busy texting Amukamara advising of his pending stupidity.

Stretching the field is what we want and need (obviously our entire organization believes this as well judging from our off-season acquisitions) but trying to stretch the field by essentially throwing a jump-ball to Walker is just flat fucking stupid.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No Manningham was not wide open.

He only turned around down the field.

Giants were in super soft zone coverage with the middle safety watching the QB.

Great D call on 1st down when they guessed right we would try a shot play on 1st down. We would of needed Manningham on a double move to try and get the safety to jump something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great D call on 1st down when they guessed right we would try a shot play on 1st down.

He only turned around down field? So, if one picture could possibly provide enough information to make a decision (which it can't btw) on which WR to throw a pass, based on this photo you would throw your pass to Walker?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Based on nothing but pulling words out of your ass you said Manningham was WIDEOPEN. A picture is worth something.

I never said I liked the throw to Walker, only it was the best shot option down the field.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on nothing but pulling words out of your ass you said Manningham was WIDEOPEN. A picture is worth something.

I never said I liked the throw to Walker, only it was the best shot option down the field.

So, if the ball arrived at Manningham's destination as the very moment this picture was taken and he was turned around looking for a pass - you would say he is covered?

So, would you call that "close coverage", "tight coverage" or "blanketed coverage"? I only ask because the nearest defender is 8 yards away - most experts would call that wide open.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That sure is a HERP DERP of a what if.

The Safety is watching Smith the whole time. If he pulled back to throw while looking at Manningham he would of closed in hard on a pass that would have to travel 25 yards.

Jesus Christ.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the ball arrived at Manningham's destination as the very moment this picture was taken and he was turned around looking for a pass - you would say he is covered?

So, would you call that "close coverage", "tight coverage" or "blanketed coverage"? I only ask because the nearest defender is 8 yards away - most experts would call that wide open.

I'm not sure who was under on Manningham there but... During the progression of that play Walker was definitely wide open between the safety and the corner. I think that is what Alex saw but he floated that pass a little too much and then Walker just didn't really make much of a play on it. I've seen better and I've seen worse. I thought that INT was the one that was the least on Smith and the least damaging overall.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sure is a HERP DERP of a what if.

The Safety is watching Smith the whole time. If he pulled back to throw while looking at Manningham he would of closed in hard.

Jesus Christ.

So your answer is to throw it to a receiver who isn't even looking for the ball at the time this photo is taken - Congratulations genius you just threw an interception - Run along now.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 defenders? The other 2 were 5 or so yards away at the time.

In the Jets game on the sideline he jumped over a guy and made the catch.

Giants intercept Alex Smith - NFL Videos

The Giants can only focus on a couple guys on any play. That is why the safety couldn't get to it. Walker was the best shot on the play.

Walker just sorta waited for it and caught the db.

It was only like a 10% PI 20% catch 20% INT 50% incomplete decision and I don't really like it.

But I thought the gaggle of morons on the board wanted this vs. the 3 yard pass to Gore leaking out of the backfield?

I'll agree that Walker should've turned defender and batted that ball down. If he can't even do that, how can we expect him to make that catch? Also I don't think it's 20% chance it's a completion. I'll probably go less than that.

It was a bad decision. 1st and 10 on our own 34. No reason to attempt that pass at that point - unless maybe it was to Davis or Moss. It's just stupid decision making. Alex goes long on a 1st on 10 on our own 34, but goes for 3 yards on a 4th and 15 in their territory. Just no football savvy at all.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of experience, one dimensional as far as what he has experience with as a pro, unimpressive passing against even pre-season defenses and never really playing in a pro style offense. I think any good defense with a week to come up with a scheme to confuse him would make him look bad.

Not to say he won't get better(Harbaugh certainly must see something in him) with experience but I don't think he's ready.

Cam Newton played 1 year of D1 football in a spread system. Andy Dalton played against lesser competition in a spread. Jake Locker was looked at as extremely raw as a passer coming out. RG3 came from a spread and played against terrible defenses in the BIG12. Ryan Tannehill had like what, 17 games as a college QB? None of these guys look lost out there. Why is Kap so different?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree it was a bad decision.

I don't like those odds even at 1/5.

What I really don't like is the people who advocate taking shots in the hypothetical and
then will be mad either way if a play like the INT happens or if Smith dumps it to Gore for 2 yards cause they just knew someone down field should of been given a shot.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first interception was bad because it was an interception, but he gave Walker a chance to go up and get it and Walker barely attempted to make a play on it. I like that pass better to Moss, Vernon, Crabtree... Basically anyone. But it was a long INT at least, sorta like a punt. I wasn't too upset by that.

Next drive was bad but I think there was a penalty to overcome... Wasn't that last drive before the half - before the 2nd missed FG - the one where he barely missed Manningham off his fingertips on that sweet pass down the sideline? I liked that play thought it was a good pass too.

2nd halfway terrible yes. And it devolved into college QB switcheroo crap.

It was a floater to a backup TE that has not shown a propensity to make those types of catches. Furthermore, he was being bracketed by two secondary players from the top and one was closing in from behind him. No doubt that Walker's attempt at the ball could've been better, and it probably should have been an incompletion, but to say it wasn't a bad decision is a little ridiculous, IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it was a bad decision.

I don't like those odds even at 1/5.

What I really don't like is the people who advocate taking shots in the hypothetical and
then will be mad either way if a play like the INT happens or if Smith dumps it to Gore for 2 yards cause they just knew someone down field should of been given a shot.

So when you said this earlier in the thread:

I love how the 1st INT to Walker is now a Bad Decision.

I thought that you just had to trust your guys and give them a chance?

You really thought it was a bad decision but wanted to argue for the fuck of it?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure who was under on Manningham there but... During the progression of that play Walker was definitely wide open between the safety and the corner. I think that is what Alex saw but he floated that pass a little too much and then Walker just didn't really make much of a play on it. I've seen better and I've seen worse. I thought that INT was the one that was the least on Smith and the least damaging overall.

The underneath coverage was even further away - as I said, Manningham was wide open. Manningham had a free release off the line and ran open down the left hash.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great D call on 1st down when they guessed right we would try a shot play on 1st down. We would of needed Manningham on a double move to try and get the safety to jump something.

Looks pretty wide open to me. Way more wide open than Walker was.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So when you said this earlier in the thread:

You really thought it was a bad decision but wanted to argue for the fuck of it?

I was looking at it from the morons perspective which is obvious from the 2nd sentence.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton played 1 year of D1 football in a spread system. Andy Dalton played against lesser competition in a spread. Jake Locker was looked at as extremely raw as a passer coming out. RG3 came from a spread and played against terrible defenses in the BIG12. Ryan Tannehill had like what, 17 games as a college QB? None of these guys look lost out there. Why is Kap so different?

The bush league college he played at against no competition was only one of my reasons. I also said he looked bad against scrubs in the pre season and his play so far has been one dimensional; he only runs. Can't be an option QB when you are playing full time. At this point I'll take Smith over him all day.