• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State your case

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. IMO, at least at this point in their respective careers, Smith is way more productive than Kaepernick would be. I think he'd be lost out there as a starter with a team taking a full week tom prepare for him.

I'm not saying he knows the play book as well as Alex, but what's your notion that he'd be "lost" as a starter based on?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Kap gauged as the dumbest QB to be drafted and I don't know about it or something? Sheesh. People are treating him as if he's half retarded.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not saying he knows the play book as well as Alex, but what's your notion that he'd be "lost" as a starter based on?

He thinks Black QB's aren't smart. It's as simple as that when it comes to that turd chasing troll.

Last edited by a moderator:

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 passing attempts to 8 rushing attempts is anything but conservative in the first two qtrs.

I was talking about the first 2 drives. They passed it 12 times scrambled once and ran it 8 times. And it was working to some effect. Only time they looked good all game before they went all horseshit.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thinks Black QB's aren't smart. It's as simple as that when it comes to that turd chasing troll.

Not just NN. A lot of the pro Alex group have been this. Flyingiguana has even went as far as saying he might need 5 years.

What, is he Vince Young?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know. IMO, at least at this point in their respective careers, Smith is way more productive than Kaepernick would be.

You don't know that. Alex is useless against a defense like the Giants' defense because he simply can't make the throws. Slow release, slow velocity. He does fine against crappy defenses who always key on the run. It's similar to the difference between an amazing college QB who would never be any good in the pro's like Tim Rattay (to a lesser extent of course).

If the Niners can run all day against the Giants, Alex is a perfect guy to not screw it up because he doesn't throw a lot of picks. However, I think the Giants figured that out. That's why I would be very quick to sit him when he (1) has an inury and (2) is playing terribly.

Kaep can at least zip the ball to the WR quickly.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the first 2 drives. They passed it 12 times scrambled once and ran it 8 times. And it was working to some effect. Only time they looked good all game before they went all horseshit.

Fair enough. But the 3rd drive we had one play and that was the INT to Amukamara. Alex followed that up by throwing to Gore for 8 yards and then taking a bad sack on 3rd down on the 4th drive. On the 5th drive on 3rd and 5 I believe Alex threw that terrible pass to Crabtree that hit the ground behind him.

That was it for Alex in the first half.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the second half the 1st two drives (where Alex threw the INTs) Kap was only brought in once, and that play was a 7 yard gain.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. Maybe it slows down the rhythm of the offense, but it didn't mess him up against the Jets or the Bills. Alex had the best game of his career with the team running the WildKap.

Since that Eagles game with that we want carr stuff, Smith has thrown 7 INTs prior to yesterday over the span of probably a season and a half. 7. So when he throws 3 in one game, its not because Kaep gets some snaps. From what I've read it was a combination of bad decisions and not having the same zip on the ball. (Sorry, I didn't watch the game)

Until I get around to watching the game on NFL Rewind, I'm guessing his injured finger played a part in that many INTs. If that is the case, they need to let Colin start until Smith is healthy, because this offense isn't capable of withstanding the QB throwing 3 INTs every week because his sprained finger won't let him make the throws he needs to make.

Not to say Kap won't throw 3 INTs... but, I'd rather those INTs come from inexperience or whatever instead of an injured QB who can't make the throws but keeps trying.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. Maybe it slows down the rhythm of the offense, but it didn't mess him up against the Jets or the Bills. Alex had the best game of his career with the team running the WildKap.

Since that Eagles game with that we want carr stuff, Smith has thrown 7 INTs prior to yesterday over the span of probably a season and a half. 7. So when he throws 3 in one game, its not because Kaep gets some snaps. From what I've read it was a combination of bad decisions and not having the same zip on the ball. (Sorry, I didn't watch the game)

Until I get around to watching the game on NFL Rewind, I'm guessing his injured finger played a part in that many INTs. If that is the case, they need to let Colin start until Smith is healthy, because this offense isn't capable of withstanding the QB throwing 3 INTs every week because his sprained finger won't let him make the throws he needs to make.

Not to say Kap won't throw 3 INTs... but, I'd rather those INTs come from inexperience or whatever instead of an injured QB who can't make the throws but keeps trying.

His finger might have played a role on the first one. But it was still a poor decision. The second had nothing to do with the finger. It was just a bad read and Alex just didn't see Rolle in front of him. The 3rd one the ball just sailed on Alex, but we've seen before from him without a finger injury.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love how the 1st INT to Walker is now a Bad Decision.

I thought that you just had to trust your guys and give them a chance?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how the 1st INT to Walker is now a Bad Decision.

I thought that you just had to trust your guys and give them a chance?

When has Walker EVER shown he can make that play? With 3 defenders in the vicinity no less?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His finger might have played a role on the first one. But it was still a poor decision. The second had nothing to do with the finger. It was just a bad read and Alex just didn't see Rolle in front of him. The 3rd one the ball just sailed on Alex, but we've seen before from him without a finger injury.

OK, just one of those days for Alex then. Still, I don't think the WildKap makes him worse. He hasn't shown any consistency at being a good QB, he is always kind of up and down... so to try and say a new wrinkle to the offense is hurting him is silly, what's to hurt? Its not like he was Tom Brady or Drew Brees before the wildkap and now he is Tebow... just blame Alex for being Alex.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, just one of those days for Alex then. Still, I don't think the WildKap makes him worse. He hasn't shown any consistency at being a good QB, he is always kind of up and down... so to try and say a new wrinkle to the offense is hurting him is silly, what's to hurt? Its not like he was Tom Brady or Drew Brees before the wildkap and now he is Tebow... just blame Alex for being Alex.

I don't think it fucked up the rhythm. There was no rhythm. I just thought the timing and situations - especially in the 2nd half - were just off yesterday. The only instance where I can think it disrupted the rhythm was when Alex threw that bomb to Moss. There was no reason to put in Kap at that point.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When has Walker EVER shown he can make that play? With 3 defenders in the vicinity no less?

3 defenders? The other 2 were 5 or so yards away at the time.

In the Jets game on the sideline he jumped over a guy and made the catch.

Giants intercept Alex Smith - NFL Videos

The Giants can only focus on a couple guys on any play. That is why the safety couldn't get to it. Walker was the best shot on the play.

Walker just sorta waited for it and caught the db.

It was only like a 10% PI 20% catch 20% INT 50% incomplete decision and I don't really like it.

But I thought the gaggle of morons on the board wanted this vs. the 3 yard pass to Gore leaking out of the backfield?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lack of experience, one dimensional as far as what he has experience with as a pro, unimpressive passing against even pre-season defenses and never really playing in a pro style offense. I think any good defense with a week to come up with a scheme to confuse him would make him look bad.

Not to say he won't get better(Harbaugh certainly must see something in him) with experience but I don't think he's ready.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But the 3rd drive we had one play and that was the INT to Amukamara. Alex followed that up by throwing to Gore for 8 yards and then taking a bad sack on 3rd down on the 4th drive. On the 5th drive on 3rd and 5 I believe Alex threw that terrible pass to Crabtree that hit the ground behind him.

That was it for Alex in the first half.

That first interception was bad because it was an interception, but he gave Walker a chance to go up and get it and Walker barely attempted to make a play on it. I like that pass better to Moss, Vernon, Crabtree... Basically anyone. But it was a long INT at least, sorta like a punt. I wasn't too upset by that.

Next drive was bad but I think there was a penalty to overcome... Wasn't that last drive before the half - before the 2nd missed FG - the one where he barely missed Manningham off his fingertips on that sweet pass down the sideline? I liked that play thought it was a good pass too.

2nd halfway terrible yes. And it devolved into college QB switcheroo crap.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought when they put Kap in on that 3rd down on the first drive it was a surprise and probably not a good idea. They were executing the short passing very well first few drives, and going to trickery at that point was a bit reckless. After the pass to Moss, I can see it, you have them on their heels and throwing something different might have screwed with them.

Regardless, way too much of it yesterday. Seemed like the previous success they had with it made them think it couldn't be stopped, and no doubt realized their error after the game.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There getting to cute with this wildkaep thing. I like when they use it but they got too cute and used it too much yesterday.

Also where are the options to throw the ball from KAP? If they keep doing this i want to see some where he can have the choice of running or throwing one out.