• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State your case

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Kap isn't making Alex worse. He's not the one who made Alex throw three untimely INTs and make poor decisions with the football throughout the game. In the first half we only saw Kap once, and Alex was still struggling.

Still, we did use the "WildKap" way too much yesterday. The one time Alex makes a great play to Randy Moss and we take him out and put Kap in to disrupt the entire flow of that drive. We need to use Kap primarily in certain red zone situations and sprinkle it a few times throughout the game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it disrupts the flow of the offense. They need to be more careful when they use it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think it disrupts the flow of the offense. They need to be more careful when they use it.

This

I don't think it makes Alex's play worse but I do think it does hurt the flow of the offense when used at inopportune times like we did yesterday.

And I do liken QBing to pitching to a certain degree in that there is a rhythm and flow to it and it's not good to constantly disrupt that flow.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There was no flow of the offense yesterday to disrupt. Might as well throw Kap in there. Maybe Kap should have been in there for good once the 4th quarter started and we were down 3 TDs/20 pts.

Also it's very concerning that we basically barely touched Eli yesterday on defense. No sacks, 1 hit. This Giants game tape will be watched by many teams we have to come up with some new blitz schemes.

If the result of this game does not concern you, then you are dillusional.
I'm not concerned about getting to the playoffs, but I am concerned about how we'll perform when we do have to play the elite teams.

Seems like against elite teams, our offense falls into this conservative trap and parts of it get shut down, and also parts of our defense can get neutralized. Examples of this are the last 2 Giants losses, and the loss last year to the Ravens.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I find it odd that people are pushing for less Kaepernick when they really should be pushing for less Alex right now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Kap isn't making Alex worse. He's not the one who made Alex throw three untimely INTs and make poor decisions with the football throughout the game. In the first half we only saw Kap once, and Alex was still struggling.

Still, we did use the "WildKap" way too much yesterday. The one time Alex makes a great play to Randy Moss and we take him out and put Kap in to disrupt the entire flow of that drive. We need to use Kap primarily in certain red zone situations and sprinkle it a few times throughout the game.

This + 1 billion. I agree with every single word of this. (Not that anyone really cares.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd that people are pushing for less Kaepernick when they really should be pushing for less Alex right now.

I think people are saying make up your mind now. It isn't so much saying he should play less because Alex is all that. Play Alex with opportune Kaep plays or play Kaep. What we did instead clearly didn't work yesterday as it could have in a different game or different point in the game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex lead the league in QBR and everything is cool. he has a bad game and BOOM!

we want Kap! we want Kap!

speaking of 'sticking with the formula', it should remain mostly Alex. yes, insert Kap strategically, but lets not go all Kap yet.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think it's a push for less WildKaep than less of CK himself.

If you want CK in there than fine just make him the starter, get him the reps in practice, and let him take all the snaps in the game.

But don't go overboard with the tag team of Smith 1 play, CK next, and than back to Smith.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To add more CK means you are basically going to do the old college 2 QB systems. Just change them every drive? Or bench Smith all together, but if you do that I think he is done in SF. If the staff is cool with that and CK going forward, sweet. But they better be sure he is ready.

I think the ratio right now is fine, just the timing is not always so great.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I don't see any Alex Smith 'hate' threads.

Why are people so fucking sensitive when it comes to Alex?

Because they are still hoping to be right about Alex?? That's all I can come up with.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't buy that article at all. It's confirmation bias at best and sore losing at worst. The 49ers got their asses kicked, Alex Smith wasn't executing plays and it's too early to tell if the WildKaep is detrimental to Smith. With the 49er's running game, Alex Smith managing plays, and with a seasoning of Kaep to keep teams guessing, I think the 49ers would be undefeated right now. The biggest culprit to the loss are QB play, and the shitty ST play; two things that were highly mitigated (and a strength) last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no flow of the offense yesterday to disrupt. Might as well throw Kap in there. Maybe Kap should have been in there for good once the 4th quarter started and we were down 3 TDs/20 pts.

Also it's very concerning that we basically barely touched Eli yesterday on defense. No sacks, 1 hit. This Giants game tape will be watched by many teams we have to come up with some new blitz schemes.

If the result of this game does not concern you, then you are dillusional.
I'm not concerned about getting to the playoffs, but I am concerned about how we'll perform when we do have to play the elite teams.

Seems like against elite teams, our offense falls into this conservative trap and parts of it get shut down, and also parts of our defense can get neutralized. Examples of this are the last 2 Giants losses, and the loss last year to the Ravens.

I completely disagree that there wasn't any flow to disrupt... The first 2 drives went well 12 plays 60 yards each - the first drive ended when after they had already converted on two 3rd downs with Alex in there they ruined the flow and inexplicably inserted Kap on 3rd and 6 at the 26 who handed it off to Gore - just a terrible play call all around. And then Akers misses the FG, :L. The second drive went pretty well converted 2 more 3rd downs and got a FG out of it...

I didn't think we went conservative at all, we went full on college 2 QB horeshit. We should have stayed conservative.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree that there wasn't any flow to disrupt... The first 2 drives went well 12 plays 60 yards each - the first drive ended when after they had already converted on two 3rd downs with Alex in there they ruined the flow and inexplicably inserted Kap on 3rd and 6 at the 26 who handed it off to Gore - just a terrible play call all around. And then Akers misses the FG, :L. The second drive went pretty well converted 2 more 3rd downs and got a FG out of it...

I didn't think we went conservative at all, we went full on college 2 QB horeshit. We should have stayed conservative.

19 passing attempts to 8 rushing attempts is anything but conservative in the first two qtrs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know. IMO, at least at this point in their respective careers, Smith is way more productive than Kaepernick would be. I think he'd be lost out there as a starter with a team taking a full week tom prepare for him.