• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Seahawks 2020 offseason

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update for first week(ish) of free agency:

QB - Russell Wilson, _____________
HB - Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, Travis Homer, Adam Choice
FB - Nick Bellore, Adam Choice
WR - Tyler Lockett, John Ursua, Penny Hart
WR- D. K. Metcalf, Malik Turner, Cody Thompson,
TE - Will Dissly, Greg Olson, Jacob Hollister, Luke Wilson, Ed Dickson, Tyrone Swoopes, Justin Johnson
LT - Duane Brown, Cedric Ogbuehi
LG- Chance Warmack, Phil Haynes, Ethan Pocic, Kyle Fuller
C - Justin Britt, B.J. Finney,
RG - D. J. Fluker, Demetrius Knox
RT - Jamarco Jones, Chad Wheeler

DE
- Rasheem Green, _____________
DT - Naz Jones, Demarcus Christmas
DT - Poona Ford, Bryan Mone
DE - L. J. Collier, Shakir Soto
OLB - K. J. Wright, Sutton Smith, Pita Taumoepenu
MLB - Bobby Wagner, Ben Burr-Kirven
OLB - Cody Barton, Shaquem Griffin
CB - Shaquill Griffin,Brian Allen
CB - Quinton Dunbar, Tre Flowers
NB - Ugo Amadi, ___________
FS - Quandre Diggs, Tedric Thompson
SS - Bradley McDougald, Marquise Blair, Delano Hill

K
- Jason Myers
P- Michael Dickson
LS - Tyler Ott

Jarran Reed resigned you need to add him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarran Reed resigned you need to add him.

And Bruce Irvin and Brandon Shell (some websites haven't updated in a while and I added warmack and Dunbar off memory):

TE - Will Dissly, Greg Olson, Jacob Hollister, Luke Wilson, Ed Dickson, Tyrone Swoopes, Justin Johnson
RT - Brandon Shell, Jamarco Jones, Chad Wheeler

DE
- Rasheem Green, Shakir Soto
DT - Jarran Reed, Naz Jones, Demarcus Christmas
DE - Bruce Irvin, L. J. Collier

K
- Jason Myers
P- Michael Dickson
LS - Tyler Ott

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at that list i see something i never thought about and it's Jones and Brown. Hmm i need to go do some research real quick.

Brown if he is cut post June first the team saves $10,000,000! This is what i had a feeling of when i said give me a sec. Brown played fine last season but i think we all saw the decline in his play and it was pretty steep. Jones play was remarkable for how Young he was and was eye opening for me when i watched him. He moved well he is strong and agile with plenty of quickness to be a solid to above average lineman. Maybe the Hawks cut brown Post June 1 and get that 10 million back. hmm

The amount of guys they have picked up on the oline was more than they had as free agents so i feel there will be some moves made here.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DE
- Rasheem Green, _____________
DT - Naz Jones, Demarcus Christmas
DE - L. J. Collier, Shakir Soto

You forgot Reed.

Those DEs though. Yeesh!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Reed.

Those DEs though. Yeesh!

Already pointed out and corrected - as well as a handful of others. I'm still missing one on the OLine, but not sure who it is.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking things so far. I'm not a fan of early money in free agency because it's usually a flop, with the exception of keeping your own great players who have proven to be top performers and have several good years left. But we haven't fallen for the banana in the tailpipe like some other teams, so I'm pleased with that.

Of course we still need to address the pass rush, but there really aren't many great options closed off to us now that were open when free agency started. We can still sign Clowney. Can still sign Griffen. Can still make a trade for Ngakoue or Judon if that's what we want to do. Still have the draft, and then still have the summer cuts.

Meanwhile, we have re-signed Reed, brought in Greg Olsen, and traded a 5th for a starting quality CB. We all want to see something done with Clowney soon, but we cannot force him to do anything. And while that situation is developing, the team is still out there doing things to get better, and I don't think any of those things reduce our ability to make something work with Clowney.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking things so far. I'm not a fan of early money in free agency because it's usually a flop, with the exception of keeping your own great players who have proven to be top performers and have several good years left. But we haven't fallen for the banana in the tailpipe like some other teams, so I'm pleased with that.

Of course we still need to address the pass rush, but there really aren't many great options closed off to us now that were open when free agency started. We can still sign Clowney. Can still sign Griffen. Can still make a trade for Ngakoue or Judon if that's what we want to do. Still have the draft, and then still have the summer cuts.

Meanwhile, we have re-signed Reed, brought in Greg Olsen, and traded a 5th for a starting quality CB. We all want to see something done with Clowney soon, but we cannot force him to do anything. And while that situation is developing, the team is still out there doing things to get better, and I don't think any of those things reduce our ability to make something work with Clowney.

Until the Clowney situation is resolved this off-season will remain incomplete. If we sign him then things look much better although maybe not perfect. If we don't sign him then I think things will look much bleaker barring a blockbuster trade.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the Clowney situation is resolved this off-season will remain incomplete. If we sign him then things look much better although maybe not perfect. If we don't sign him then I think things will look much bleaker barring a blockbuster trade.
Yeah, I agree....hence the "so far" qualifier in the first sentence.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bruce Irvin and Brandon Shell (some websites haven't updated in a while and I added warmack and Dunbar off memory):

RT - Brandon Shell, Jamarco Jones, Chad Wheeler

DE
- Rasheem Green, Shakir Soto
DT - Jarran Reed, Naz Jones, Demarcus Christmas
DT
- Poona Ford, Bryan Mone
DE - Bruce Irvin, L. J. Collier

K
- Jason Myers
P- Michael Dickson
LS - Tyler Ott

I'm curious to see what Christmas will be like this year... On so many levels...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see us having enough money without cutting like Britt, Dickson, and a few others. We'll need like $6M for the draft players. We actually have quite a few picks thanks to compensatory and the Chiefs last year.

I think Everson Griffen is a far more likely option and so is drafting some guys. Seattle did give up a 3rd for Clowney, but it may have just been a 1 year plan. Seattle could've had a shot at the Super Bowl if half the fucking team didn't go down against the Cardinals.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us having enough money without cutting like Britt, Dickson, and a few others. We'll need like $6M for the draft players. We actually have quite a few picks thanks to compensatory and the Chiefs last year.

I think Everson Griffen is a far more likely option and so is drafting some guys. Seattle did give up a 3rd for Clowney, but it may have just been a 1 year plan. Seattle could've had a shot at the Super Bowl if half the fucking team didn't go down against the Cardinals.

We have enough money to bring in Clowney and Griffen if the team wants to. Don't pay attention to cap numbers as they really don't mean anything right now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" The Seattle Seahawks have added more speed to their wide receiver corps by agreeing to a one-year deal with Phillip Dorsett, he told ESPN's Josina Anderson."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Dorsett ran a 4.33 40 so that means Seattle 1-3 WR group is pretty much the fastest group in the NFL.

Fast doesn't mean much if you can't catch the ball.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsett is fast, but that's about all you can say about his career thus far. He might not even surpass what Jaron Brown was doing here.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast doesn't mean much if you can't catch the ball.

good thing then that Dorsett has some good hands isn't it? Or you didn't know that right? His "True" catch rate is 70.7% just for your info thats on par with all but Tyler lockett on this team. Tyler has some of the best hands i have seen though since Steve Largent.

Belichick said this about Dorsett "A productive receiver, fast, quick, good hands,”

"Dorsett led all Patriots wideouts with a 76.2 percent catch rate in 2018"

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing then that Dorsett has some good hands isn't it? Or you didn't know that right

Do you always have to start a discussion by being a dick? Just curious.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you always have to start a discussion by being a dick? Just curious.

Was a legitimate question sorry if it made you feel stupid but it wasn't me being a dick. you brought up how fast doesn't mean you can catch and he CAN catch and catch well so why even bring it up unless you didn't know?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" The Seattle Seahawks have added more speed to their wide receiver corps by agreeing to a one-year deal with Phillip Dorsett, he told ESPN's Josina Anderson."

Not a bad signing... Someone who can pull the safety away from the middle of the field... He may not catch a lot of passes but he'll help others get a few more than not...