• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Farm

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article discusses the current state of the Sox farm system. The analysis is kinda what we'd expect in that we still have some quality top-of-the-heap talent, but lack depth in the system overall. I was a bit surprised tho that we were ranked 6th at the '20 midseason mark. Thought we'd be a lot lower. All in all, I like our Top 30, even if a few of them really shouldn't be on the list, as they will likely either start the season with the parent club or pop in at some point in the season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the farm teams are pretty well stocked with pitching.

On the hitting side it's pretty light - after Vaughn - there's potentially Gavin Sheets, (pray for) Burger and Benyamin Bailey (who is a great prospect not even in A ball yet) - so the hitting side seems slim. I understand Blake Rutherford - bulked up and impressed in Schaumberg for power potential and Yermin Merecedes I think has MLB talent at the plate.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the farm teams are pretty well stocked with pitching.

On the hitting side it's pretty light - after Vaughn - there's potentially Gavin Sheets, (pray for) Burger and Benyamin Bailey (who is a great prospect not even in A ball yet) - so the hitting side seems slim. I understand Blake Rutherford - bulked up and impressed in Schaumberg for power potential and Yermin Merecedes I think has MLB talent at the plate.
I agree and also feel from a positional standpoint, the Sox should be looking at catchers and outfielders for the first couple of picks in the '21 draft. I know they'll go BPA as usual, but this is hoping they scout those specific positions.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the drafting has to get better. this rebuild was built mostly on trades for other teams prospects and spending to get robert

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the drafting has to get better. this rebuild was built mostly on trades for other teams prospects and spending to get robert
Either that or find a way to sign more Cubans. :)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been whining about that for a number of years. I think it has improved a bit of late, at least with the top picks. Madrigal, Vaughn, and now Crochet and Kelley all seem headed for solid MLB careers, altho we may have to wait and see how Crochet and especially Kelley develop to be sure. But on paper these are solid picks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree two starters in Anderson and Madrigal. Vaughn and Burger in the wings. Stievers - Lambert - Kelley - Dalquist - and Thompson appear to be MLB caliber players. Plus Crochet.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not root for a guy like Jake. The man just keeps fighting back and fighting back. I really don't like using the word bust on a player who has failed to make it successfully into the bigs only because of multiple injuries. That's a whole lot different than a player just sucking for sucking's sake. I kinda feel that way to a lesser extent with Rodon, altho he's at least had a couple of shots.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's a month or so away? A couple more Cuban players with a White Sox ribbon tied on them.

Oscar Colas is not a done deal, but mixes with the Sox players on social media. He can pitch or hit, but profiles as a corner OF and a 1st baseman. He maybe just a year away from the bigs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, Mingo. Yeah, it's like we're becoming Cuba Del Norte with all these signings. I like what one guy said in the comments on a potential Colas signing. With him we'd have a complete meal: Burger, Fry, and Colas!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff, Mingo. Yeah, it's like we're becoming Cuba Del Norte with all these signings. I like what one guy said in the comments on a potential Colas signing. With him we'd have a complete meal: Burger, Fry, and Colas!!
And that would be a "Happy Meal"

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ...He certainly looks the part in that batting practice video...How do we keep beating everyone to all these foreign beasts?
For whatever reason, the Sox historically have had insights to the Cuban baseball machine, going all the way back to Minnie Minoso in the pre-Castro/Commie days. No arguments from me on our Latin Links.