• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starting Line up thoughts...?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One speculation To generate some conversation...thoughts?

Offense

QB - Robert Griffin(25): I expect a healthy, bounce-back year, with over 4000 yards passing and 27 TD's vs 8 INT's

RB - Alfred Morris(26): Another 1000 yard season is on the horizon. The question is, will he become a receiving threat out of the backfield.

FB - Darrel Young(27): I know fullbacks are not used a lot in the NFL, but when you have one like Young, you need to find ways to get him involved in the offense.

TE - Jordan Reed(24): Durability and blocking are his biggest concerns.

WR - DeSean Jackson(28): 80 catches and over 1200 yards should be a reachable goal.

WR - Pierre Garçon(28): Garçon should revert back to his 2013 form, and provide a reliable target for Griffin.

LT - Trent Williams(26): The best player on the team will remain a Pro Bowler in 2015.

LG - Shawn Lauvao(27): I expect a much better season in year two in D.C.

C - Cameron Erving(22): The Redskins trade back in the first round and draft a future All-Pro center. This move allows the team to move on from the under-sized, and ineffective Lichtensteiger.

RG - Spencer Long(24): Long showed glimpses of his ability late last season. He wins the job in training camp, and at the same time sends Chris Chester packing.

RT - Xavier Nixon(24): This may be a bit of a surprise to some, but I believe Nixon has the ability to be a very solid RT, and wins the job over Compton in TC, while Moses starts the season on IR.

Defense

3-Tech DT/DE - Stephen Paea(26): Paea should be occupying the 3-tech DE spot in our one-gap 3-4 defense, and should also see time as a 1-tech NT in sub packages.

NT - Terrance Knighton(28): Knighton may not be an every down player, but he's a true NT that fans have been clammoring for since we began running the 3-4.

5-Tech DE - Chris Baker(27): Hatcher may be the popular choice here, but I'm going with the younger, more powerful and durable Baker, who at 6'2" 325 is a good option as a 1-gap 3-4 DE. Scot loves big boys, and Baker is just that.

LOLB - Ryan Kerrigan(26): Not much needs to be said here. Kerrigan is a stud in his prime.

MLB - Keenan Robinson(25): Robinson played at a Pro Bowl level last season. I expect an even better 2015 from the leader of our defense.

MLB - Perry Riley(26): Fans were down on Riley last year, but an improved secondary will help hide some of his coverage flaws. He's a good young down hill run stopper.

ROLB - Trent Murphy(24): I expect the second year pro to make a big jump this season.

CB - Bashaud Breeland(23): Breeland was a pleasant surprise as a 4th round rookie last year. Although he did struggle at times in coverage, some of this falls on poor safety play, and the rest on youth and inexperience. He'll only get better.

CB - Chris Culliver(26): Culliver is a big, physical corner who is in his prime. He should bring an attitude to this secondary.

SS - Jeron Johnson(26): The newly acquired Johnson should have first cracks at the starting strong safety spot.

FS - Dashon Goldson(30): Goldson was brought in more likely as a one-to-two year stop-gap, but he should represent a big upgrade over Ryan Clark.

Redskins 30-or-Under 2015 Starting Lineup - Hogs Haven

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One speculation To generate some conversation...thoughts?

Offense

QB - Robert Griffin(25): I expect a healthy, bounce-back year, with over 4000 yards passing and 27 TD's vs 8 INT's

RB - Alfred Morris(26): Another 1000 yard season is on the horizon. The question is, will he become a receiving threat out of the backfield.

FB - Darrel Young(27): I know fullbacks are not used a lot in the NFL, but when you have one like Young, you need to find ways to get him involved in the offense.

TE - Jordan Reed(24): Durability and blocking are his biggest concerns.

WR - DeSean Jackson(28): 80 catches and over 1200 yards should be a reachable goal.

WR - Pierre Garçon(28): Garçon should revert back to his 2013 form, and provide a reliable target for Griffin.

LT - Trent Williams(26): The best player on the team will remain a Pro Bowler in 2015.

LG - Shawn Lauvao(27): I expect a much better season in year two in D.C.

C - Cameron Erving(22): The Redskins trade back in the first round and draft a future All-Pro center. This move allows the team to move on from the under-sized, and ineffective Lichtensteiger.

RG - Spencer Long(24): Long showed glimpses of his ability late last season. He wins the job in training camp, and at the same time sends Chris Chester packing.

RT - Xavier Nixon(24): This may be a bit of a surprise to some, but I believe Nixon has the ability to be a very solid RT, and wins the job over Compton in TC, while Moses starts the season on IR.

Defense

3-Tech DT/DE - Stephen Paea(26): Paea should be occupying the 3-tech DE spot in our one-gap 3-4 defense, and should also see time as a 1-tech NT in sub packages.

NT - Terrance Knighton(28): Knighton may not be an every down player, but he's a true NT that fans have been clammoring for since we began running the 3-4.

5-Tech DE - Chris Baker(27): Hatcher may be the popular choice here, but I'm going with the younger, more powerful and durable Baker, who at 6'2" 325 is a good option as a 1-gap 3-4 DE. Scot loves big boys, and Baker is just that.

LOLB - Ryan Kerrigan(26): Not much needs to be said here. Kerrigan is a stud in his prime.

MLB - Keenan Robinson(25): Robinson played at a Pro Bowl level last season. I expect an even better 2015 from the leader of our defense.

MLB - Perry Riley(26): Fans were down on Riley last year, but an improved secondary will help hide some of his coverage flaws. He's a good young down hill run stopper.

ROLB - Trent Murphy(24): I expect the second year pro to make a big jump this season.

CB - Bashaud Breeland(23): Breeland was a pleasant surprise as a 4th round rookie last year. Although he did struggle at times in coverage, some of this falls on poor safety play, and the rest on youth and inexperience. He'll only get better.

CB - Chris Culliver(26): Culliver is a big, physical corner who is in his prime. He should bring an attitude to this secondary.

SS - Jeron Johnson(26): The newly acquired Johnson should have first cracks at the starting strong safety spot.

FS - Dashon Goldson(30): Goldson was brought in more likely as a one-to-two year stop-gap, but he should represent a big upgrade over Ryan Clark.

Redskins 30-or-Under 2015 Starting Lineup - Hogs Haven

Lot of confidence in Bob, I see. Not sure about all the confidence in Nixon, Lauvao, Long and Murphy, but I'm glad someone is hopeful. I disagree with Lichtensteiger being ineffective. He's no Pro-Bowler, but he was decent last year. We need to draft a RT and not put our eggs in Nixon's basket. Maybe we can trade down and draft Scherff. Both Shark and I would see some common ground once and for all on that.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of confidence in Bob, I see. Not sure about all the confidence in Nixon, Lauvao, Long and Murphy, but I'm glad someone is hopeful. I disagree with Lichtensteiger being ineffective. He's no Pro-Bowler, but he was decent last year. We need to draft a RT and not put our eggs in Nixon's basket. Maybe we can trade down and draft Scherff. Both Shark and I would see some common ground once and for all on that.
You mirror the comments on that article re Griff, and Nixon in particular. Pretty sure most would have questions re the starting Oline here. Thank goodness that things will be fluid.

I, for one am interested in what Callahan brings to the table with his coaching skills and what another year under the belt will do for Long. Also, the focus on competition at every level will hopefully make its mark.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, those are some big expectations of the passing attack. How many wins do you think this leads to?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, those are some big expectations of the passing attack. How many wins do you think this leads to?

Remember - Cali didn't create that list (and questioned the predictions for RG3) - you would have to check with the author of the article.

I would also question the prediction about the center position since 1. you can't just pencil in a trade-down since that requires a partner & acceptable trade & 2. it is asking a lot to start a rookie center. Would be nice but this is assuming quite a bit.

Also - not so sure about not starting Hatcher & really not sure if it really matters since they will have a 5-6 man rotation along the line. I think the author penciled in Baker just to ensure that his "30 & Under" list was accurate.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember - Cali didn't create that list (and questioned the predictions for RG3) - you would have to check with the author of the article.

I would also question the prediction about the center position since 1. you can't just pencil in a trade-down since that requires a partner & acceptable trade & 2. it is asking a lot to start a rookie center. Would be nice but this is assuming quite a bit.

Also - not so sure about not starting Hatcher & really not sure if it really matters since they will have a 5-6 man rotation along the line. I think the author penciled in Baker just to ensure that his "30 & Under" list was accurate.

Ah my b didn't see that it was from a link.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah my b didn't see that it was from a link.

NP. I thought the exact same thing until I re-read the post & clicked on the link. Makes you wonder if perhaps some other posts here are cut & pasted from elsewhere & also makes you think that now days a lot of these articles are written by folks no better or worse than the rest of us.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have seen nothing in Rg3 that leads me to believe he will throw for 4000yds

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have seen nothing in Rg3 that leads me to believe he will throw for 4000yds
Agree - that was kind of a reach. You have to wonder if the Redskins even want to have that type of team (even during RG3's good year they were primarily a running team). A 4000+ yd passing offense would also raise the risk of injuries and turnovers. You would also think that the current revamping of the defense & other factors are geared more towards ground control. Don't get me wrong - I would be happy if the Skins were winning with a pass happy offense (w/ no significant injuries) - I just don't see that as the correct or realistic path for the upcoming season.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do practice reps count towards the yardage total? That's the only way I see 4,000

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do practice reps count towards the yardage total? That's the only way I see 4,000

4,000 yards passing is only 250 yards per game. If he stays healthy, he plays within his means, and we've got a half-decent o-line, that's not an unrealistic target. Those may be some ifs, but they are not out of reach. Believe it or not, we finished 11th in the NFL in passing yards and fourth in average yards per attempt. And that was with a leaky o-line, three stiffs at QBs, and Mr. Meltdown himself (aka Jay Gruden).

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 11 out of the 32 starters got to 4,000 and Griff doesn't have the look of being a top 1/3 passer.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 11 out of the 32 starters got to 4,000 and Griff doesn't have the look of being a top 1/3 passer.

Here's the rub. If we get a half-decent o-line, we have the skill position players to be one of the league's most dynamic offenses. That may sound laughable, but if you think about it, 250 yards per game isn't that big of a thing with D-Jax, Garcon, Reed, and Alf. And that's why we nearly pushed into the top 10 passing offenses last year. (I can hear some others that will argue that we played from behind, etc. While that's true, that type of argument only goes so far. You don't pass for more than 4000 yards without having something to your offense.)