• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Starter Week # 1 is:

Starter Week # 1?

• Newton

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Stidham

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Jones

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Hoyer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With conflicting reports about Cam Newton's injury being "nothing" to "something more serious." Stidham is receiving more practice reps with the 1st team and Jones is getting less....Hoyer still in the mix (barely)

Who is the Patriots starter Week # 1 in 2021?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BB has committed himself to Camela based on his comments, and he does not like to appear as if he backtracking on a comment.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BB has committed himself to Camela based on his comments, and he does not like to appear as if he backtracking on a comment.

Could this also be a smokescreen. I mean he might just be trying to "save face" of having Newton back on the team and sticking with him all of last season..

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stidham has a real chance to pull it out.

Hoyer is a camp arm with a side of emergency back up if the QB apocalypse happens.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this also be a smokescreen. I mean he might just be trying to "save face" of having Newton back on the team and sticking with him all of last season..
Honestly Sir it could well be. BB is hard to read and that is by design, I do get the vibe his ego gets in the way of logic at times but that could be me misreading the man and that is unfair of me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stidham has a real chance to pull it out.

Hoyer is a camp arm with a side of emergency back up if the QB apocalypse happens.

Seems like it if the reports are true that he has been getting more reps with 1st team

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Sir it could well be. BB is hard to read and that is by design, I do get the vibe his ego gets in the way of logic at times but that could be me misreading the man and that is unfair of me.

Yeah he doesn't like to give anything away at all that's for sure. No I think you are right about his ego getting in the way some times

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Mac's team now. If he doesn't start game one he'll finish it and that will be that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be no changes to QB starter untill we see them in pads. Even then, unlikely to get an announcement untill preseason games are over.

If you are the starter in preseason game 1, you probably are not the starter!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this bone bruise injury will be Bill's out. Cam can't practice until training camp at the end of July. He's not supposed to do anything with that hand per the team MD. That said, Cam might sneak off and try to do something and 1. make it worse or 2. realize it will not get any better and hang around long enough to keep up the appearances before going on IR. That will allow the insurance to pay the freight of his contract for 2021 and he'll simply walk into the sunset next year.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this bone bruise injury will be Bill's out.
Bill doesn't care about an out.

Bill didn't care what anyone thought and it left him on the outside in Cleveland. He learned to sense when others felt he should care and adjusted to that for a while, like sticking with Drew Bledsoe until he got injured. Then he won his Super Bowl and back to not feeling it again. Cutting Lawyer Malloy was ballsy, and he's never looked back.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this bone bruise injury will be Bill's out. Cam can't practice until training camp at the end of July. He's not supposed to do anything with that hand per the team MD. That said, Cam might sneak off and try to do something and 1. make it worse or 2. realize it will not get any better and hang around long enough to keep up the appearances before going on IR. That will allow the insurance to pay the freight of his contract for 2021 and he'll simply walk into the sunset next year.
1) It can definitely make it worse.
2) This is not a career ending injury so he can't get an insurance settlement.
3) They could put him on the PUP list
4) it's a long season. I don't see him getting cut even if the kids are doing great.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) it's a long season. I don't see him getting cut even if the kids are doing great.....
The Patriots will not carry four quarterbacks. As much as Cam may seem locked in, The Krafts own the team and they'll make the decision for Bill if he doesn't/can't make it. Robert has already stepped forward this year and told Bill to include more people after the entire scouting group left. Kraft has given Bill a tremendous amount of freedom but Johnathan Kraft will be assuming the mantle very soon and as fans we might start preparing ourselves for a bit more owner involvement. He won't cut BB off at the knees but will be in on players that he thinks should stay.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots will not carry four quarterbacks. As much as Cam may seem locked in, The Krafts own the team and they'll make the decision for Bill if he doesn't/can't make it. Robert has already stepped forward this year and told Bill to include more people after the entire scouting group left. Kraft has given Bill a tremendous amount of freedom but Johnathan Kraft will be assuming the mantle very soon and as fans we might start preparing ourselves for a bit more owner involvement. He won't cut BB off at the knees but will be in on players that he thinks should stay.
Narratives and true action are not the same. The Pats will not carry four QBs and which ones they keep will be decided by Bill. Bill IS NOT on a hot seat.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Narratives and true action are not the same. The Pats will not carry four QBs and which ones they keep will be decided by Bill. Bill IS NOT on a hot seat.
I didn't say anywhere that Bill is on a hot seat. The Krafts , primarily Johnathan, is taking more control of the team and he'll be around years after BB us gone. He's been influencing his father more and more over the past ten years. Robert Kraft just turned 80 and you can see a marked difference in the man from two years ago.

Johnathan isn't going to allow anyone the latitude that his father gave. He's a not a control freak, but he's not going to let anyone have free run of the farm. People best get used to seeing those changes because there will be more as Robert fades into the background.