• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Capitals vs. Islanders

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning point in the series... Wilson hit.

They started playing our game, and we're better at our game.

They also got caught up in the media, which doesn't help either

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a little bad for Puck082 tonight. Nice guy. Can't be having a good time watching his team get burned 5-1. Never fun to be in someone else's barn for that.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles have 2 game misconducts in the game tonight.

Reminder, the Caps have zero all season.

But I thought Tavares said his team doesn't play like that. :noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELL YES, CAPS' FANS!!!

Nice to see us come out and stomp on somebody in a key game for a change.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has the narrative begun about the Isles lacking composure and it resulting in a loss? I need to know.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has the narrative begun about the Isles lacking composure and it resulting in a loss? I need to know.

They didn't like one perfectly legal hit on their guy. They talked about how Wilson shouldn't go after a guy with a history of head trauma (are we delivering different hits to guys based no their injury history or lack thereof now?).

They came back in the next game and fought him (i bet wilson loved it), took cheap shots at him, slashed other Caps' players prior to the puck even being dropped, had two players ejected, and generally got their asses handed to them in the face-off dot, on the boards, in the neutral zone, and on the scoreboard.

They looked tired and overmatched. They barked after game 4 and promised to "play that game, too."

The problem is their a terrier, and they're trying to jump in the dog fight ring with a pit bull.

I can only hope they didn't learn their lesson.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't like one perfectly legal hit on their guy. They talked about how Wilson shouldn't go after a guy with a history of head trauma (are we delivering different hits to guys based no their injury history or lack thereof now?).

They came back in the next game and fought him (i bet wilson loved it), took cheap shots at him, slashed other Caps' players prior to the puck even being dropped, had two players ejected, and generally got their asses handed to them in the face-off dot, on the boards, in the neutral zone, and on the scoreboard.

They looked tired and overmatched. They barked after game 4 and promised to "play that game, too."

The problem is their a terrier, and they're trying to jump in the dog fight ring with a pit bull.

I can only hope they didn't learn their lesson.

To be fair (reported), they got 10-minute misconducts which ended the game for them.