• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Capitals vs. Islanders

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair (reported), they got 10-minute misconducts which ended the game for them.

My bad... I thought they were game misconduct.

Regardless, they made Tavares' statements look even more foolish than any knowledgeable fan already knew them to be. Wilson made a big, legal hit. They got behind and took cheap shots. They showed their quality.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5ouv5v.jpg

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad... I thought they were game misconduct.

Regardless, they made Tavares' statements look even more foolish than any knowledgeable fan already knew them to be. Wilson made a big, legal hit. They got behind and took cheap shots. They showed their quality.

Completely agree with you. Hypocrites gonna hypocrite.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on Kuzy: He's improved so much since the beginning of the season. He's learned how to play within Trots' system first, improved so much on faceoffs, and become really decent in his own end. He's fully adjusted to the NHL and his confidence in recent games and tonight show that. I'm excited to see him for years to come.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on Kuzy: He's improved so much since the beginning of the season. He's learned how to play within Trots' system first, improved so much on faceoffs, and become really decent in his own end. He's fully adjusted to the NHL and his confidence in recent games and tonight show that. I'm excited to see him for years to come.

I've really been impressed by his board play in the past couple months. He's not huge, but he knows how to leverage himself and his stick to come out with the puck... and with momentum/speed to boot.

Also, while Backstrom has good vision and is spectacular at passing a puck (few in the NHL can make a saucer pass that lays flat as well as he can), Kuznetsov is actually more creative and visionary. For the last 20-30 games, he's made at least one pass where I've been like 'woah, how the hell did he think to go there.' And he skates to space in a different way than most players. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like his mind is always ahead of his body and the game just slows down for him tonight. He was so calm on that last goal he had tonight. Like it was easy for him.

I'm very excited about what he will become. He's got a complete game to him already that is impressive and he's getting better month-by-month.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've really been impressed by his board play in the past couple months. He's not huge, but he knows how to leverage himself and his stick to come out with the puck... and with momentum/speed to boot.

Also, while Backstrom has good vision and is spectacular at passing a puck (few in the NHL can make a saucer pass that lays flat as well as he can), Kuznetsov is actually more creative and visionary. For the last 20-30 games, he's made at least one pass where I've been like 'woah, how the hell did he think to go there.' And he skates to space in a different way than most players. I don't even know how to describe it. It's like his mind is always ahead of his body and the game just slows down for him tonight. He was so calm on that last goal he had tonight. Like it was easy for him.

I'm very excited about what he will become. He's got a complete game to him already that is impressive and he's getting better month-by-month.

He almost has a Datsyuk feel to him when you watch him sometimes. He has a whole world of ability, I just hope he can find consistency in the years ahead. Also, I'll never understand how he can have both his skates on the ice and seemingly accelerate. He's such a good skater, its ridiculous.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, GREAT night to be a Caps' fan.

Let's send out the Coliseum with a bang on Saturday!

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps got into their heads the last two games. let's hope that continues. i expect a hard fought game tomorrow

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 4th time that the Caps have led a series 3-2 in Ovechkin Era. In those 3 other series being up 3-2, the Caps record is 0-3 in the game 6's of those series. Incidentally, the Caps had 3 different coaches for all 3 of those series leading 3-2 and in their 4th series with a 3-2 series lead, they'll being using a 4th coach. Oh, Trotz is 1-4 in previous game 6's with Nashville. You're welcome!

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to believe einstein's definition of insanity is wrong......this time :\

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 4th time that the Caps have led a series 3-2 in Ovechkin Era. In those 3 other series being up 3-2, the Caps record is 0-3 in the game 6's of those series. Incidentally, the Caps had 3 different coaches for all 3 of those series leading 3-2 and in their 4th series with a 3-2 series lead, they'll being using a 4th coach. Oh, Trotz is 1-4 in previous game 6's with Nashville. You're welcome!

I'd say "Let's look at the Isles playoff history" but...

:D

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's impossible for them to win this game.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meanwhile, on the ice the Isles may be playing without 3 of their starting defensemen. I'll take the caps chances if that's the case.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say "Let's look at the Isles playoff history" but...

:D
i'd like to see the pens steal one on the road tonight. they need to shoot up malkin's back with some of that good cortizone shit.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to see the pens steal one on the road tonight. they need to shoot up malkin's back with some of that good cortizone shit.

He needs some Mama Malkin borscht. And pain killers, yes.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs some Mama Malkin borscht. And pain killers, yes.
the problem is that the back of the pens is just not upto par with the injuries endured. i was hoping that series would go 7.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is that the back of the pens is just not upto par with the injuries endured. i was hoping that series would go 7.

They really didn't have much of a chance with the roster they had going into the series. I was hoping we'd do the rest of the league a solid and bounce the Rangers, but nooooooo. But hey, you never know, maybe it's just a nice reversal of fortunes from last year.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im disappointed in Karl Alzner ... being from Burnaby I thought for sure he was a FUCKIN RIGHTS! guy

CDXtPnLUsAEPrEa.jpg:large