• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Capitals vs. Islanders

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backstrom having a fantastic playoffs so far.

CC1hGVRWMAAVeR0.jpg:large

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Isles fans have been acting, they don't deserve a team in Nassau anymore. This series is seemingly bringing out the worst in fans. Now, I'm not speaking for the entire fan base because most are passionate and knowledgeable fans, but this garbage running through the media isn't helping. So far its been: vandalism, racial slurs, homophobia, theft and assault. Seriously? It's a fucking hockey game. Grow up.

Holtby and Backstrom have been amazing this series and have really stepped up for the Caps. Congrats on a gritty win last night Caps......

My feelings on that Wilson hit was that it was a garbage hit. The puck was already in the corner and he laid out Viz with a hit to that was awful close to his head. Height certainly played a factor but that was a pretty irresponsible hit IMO.

This thing appears to be going 7 games, doesn't it?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an expensive cup of horse piss to throw

^

I wonder if Orpik was the intended target...

tough break for Orpik there but a pretty splendidly quick duck for cover by Joel Ward ... and yah ... he has probably had alot of experience with that move in his lifetime

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's pretty difficult for Glencross to be this year's John Druce when he's a healthy scratch...

/Good call dash :L

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtby has been outstanding. I thought he would have a good year, but what he's done the past two games has been ridiculous.

I have absolutely no complaints regarding the Isles play. They've played well. A hot goalie & 3 broken sticks have cost them dearly.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtby has been outstanding. I thought he would have a good year, but what he's done the past two games has been ridiculous.

I have absolutely no complaints regarding the Isles play. They've played well. A hot goalie & 3 broken sticks have cost them dearly.

Isn't is amazing. Broken sticks. JT needs to use something a little stronger than a friggen toothpick.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't is amazing. Broken sticks. JT needs to use something a little stronger than a friggen toothpick.

IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!

Last night Rinne lost his stick & still made a save against the Blackhawks. I'm sorry, but Halak needs to be better. The guys in front of him are blocking every shot they possibly can. They can't block them all.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!

Last night Rinne lost his stick & still made a save against the Blackhawks. I'm sorry, but Halak needs to be better. The guys in front of him are blocking every shot they possibly can. They can't block them all.

Not sure you can ask for much more out of Halak. He's carrying a GAA under 2 for the series. I think you need to ask more of the offense and PP before Jaro.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you can ask for much more out of Halak. He's carrying a GAA under 2 for the series. I think you need to ask more of the offense and PP before Jaro.

The team is blocking a ton of shots that he doesn't have to worry about. I'm not saying he's been bad, but he should have stopped the game winner last night.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks Laich thinks Wilson's hit on Visnovsky was a good penalty to take. I wonder what he would think if the Isles unleashed Carkner on Backstrom??

I don't expect the Isles to do what they did to Pittsburgh awhile back, but I won't be surprised if they pick their spots.

Pulock is amongst a number of players who've been called up. Cappy hasn't ruled him out before the end of the series. Reinhart or Pulock will likely play in game 5. Next season they'll be fine on D, but they really need Hamonic in this series.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh..threatening the heaviest team in the NHL and with guys like Ovi, Orpik, and Wilson there to annihilate you..the Pens tried their hearts out to retaliate and "avenge" Letang when Ovi injured him, it pretty much ended with the Caps laughing it off and winning the game. But if Tavares bothers watching what Matt Martin and Clutterbuck does on the ice EVERY shift, he'd see them finishing checks on D-men that don't have the puck either..If you can't take what you dish, stay home..Or better yet pack your bags and move to Brooklyn now..

It was as clean of a hit as that blindsided shoulder check Okposo gave Fehr into the boards, injuring a 20 goals scorer and a crucial piece for the Caps..

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh..threatening the heaviest team in the NHL and with guys like Ovi, Orpik, and Wilson there to annihilate you..the Pens tried their hearts out to retaliate and "avenge" Letang when Ovi injured him, it pretty much ended with the Caps laughing it off and winning the game. But if Tavares bothers watching what Matt Martin and Clutterbuck does on the ice EVERY shift, he'd see them finishing checks on D-men that don't have the puck either..If you can't take what you dish, stay home..Or better yet pack your bags and move to Brooklyn now..

It was as clean of a hit as that blindsided shoulder check Okposo gave Fehr into the boards, injuring a 20 goals scorer and a crucial piece for the Caps..

Couldn't agree more :clap:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this has been mentioned before I would think, but I can't help but wonder if that beer was directed towards Joel Ward - I'm getting sick of seeing fans throw their beer at a player or anything - people who waste money on beer should be shot into the sun

Also, Isles fans are giving their base a bad mark

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And both were clean for me. The only reason Wilson's hit was a penalty was because it honestly looked like charging live. My initial thought was he would be lucky to avoid getting 5 minutes and a game for that. Replay shows a different story. He didn't jump, he didn't take steps, he didn't target the head, and the puck was played less than a second before the hit.