• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Freakin' Finals (Sharks v Penguins)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very similar to the Letang hit, which got him a game. Difference being that was because of being late, this one is a headshot. I don't expect him to get a suspension, although I feel a game is fair. The Letang hit was suspended because of the context of the series, IMO.
Very similar dangerous play in open ice. Lead with his shoulder Rust was already tied up with another shark. No reason for the contact to the head. A game would be fair I think he gets off easy tho

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get an unknown rookie, playing his ass off, who scored four Pens goals in a row (excluding Bones ENG in G6), so...it's about time for the balloon to burst, right?

Put it that way yes.

I have always rooted for the guy that does not have all the talent in the world. Rust looked to me to be another one of those guys that just works hard to be a second or third liner.

Zapleski yes he was a Dman, but always one of my Favs
Robert Brown
Taylor Kennedy
were all this type of player.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time the East has won game 1 since 2006...geez.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau should get a game. Unnecessary hit definitely A head shot caused an injury . Pretty dirty hit imo
Yeah it was but, Marleau is hardly a dirty player.

Was hoping the Sharks would steal game one. Way too many soft turn overs in their own end.

Solid win for the Pens

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get an unknown rookie, playing his ass off, who scored four Pens goals in a row (excluding Bones ENG in G6), so...it's about time for the balloon to burst, right?
Converted the hit to gif.Marleau took a horrible angle on rust while he was prone,blind sided, Put his shoulder up and led into his head,didn't even attempt to play the puck. He delivered a nasty head shot that caused injury and a missed game.

146466722351701_zpsvyzn4quv.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was hoping the Sharks would steal game one. Way too many soft turn overs in their own end.

Solid win for the Pens
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Marleau is by any means a dirty player. But it was A dirty hit that did cause an injury. A game would be fair imo

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Marleau is by any means a dirty player. But it was A dirty hit that did cause an injury. A game would be fair imo

Without a doubt it's worthy of a game.

I just can't see it being the finals and Patty's lack of a track record.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Solid win for the Pens

That's definitely not Patty, and his reputation probably saves him, but not a good hit, and it seems as if it's taking out a scorching hot player for at least a game. NHL takes injuries into account, so we'll see. Still doubt they even look at it.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game almost made me wish I was a neutral fan for this series.

Watching your team play when the stakes are this high is not exactly an enjoyable experience. More like harrowing.

I'm thinking SJ will come out flying in Game 2.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a $2500 fine ?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't be surprised...and yet. I dont like the idea that a hit like that is deemed to be on the same plane as flipping a puck over the glass.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't be surprised...and yet. I dont like the idea that a hit like that is deemed to be on the same plane as flipping a puck over the glass.
It's not even up to the same plane, as flipping a puck over the glass is an automatic penalty.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Converted the hit to gif.Marleau took a horrible angle on rust while he was prone,blind sided, Put his shoulder up and led into his head,didn't even attempt to play the puck. He delivered a nasty head shot that caused injury and a missed game.

View attachment 123431

Puck was there, Rust was off balance and apparently not looking forward. Marleau made the hit to separate Rust from the puck (which is goal #1 of a hit) and Rust's face hit Marleau's shoulder. Your "blind side" is nto your front. Having another opponent 2 feet behind you is not being "engaged" with them. Rust was off balance in the trolley tracks and his future should be thanking God it was Marleau and not Shea Weber coming across.

Marleau did alter path to make contact. Should be two minutes for charging or roughing (because there is no penalty for "high hit"), and a borderline two minutes at that. Nothing more.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess on the Bonino GWG Martin Jones lost his liquor license.

/Mike Lange is a strange dude.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck was there, Rust was off balance and apparently not looking forward. Marleau made the hit to separate Rust from the puck (which is goal #1 of a hit) and Rust's face hit Marleau's shoulder. Your "blind side" is nto your front. Having another opponent 2 feet behind you is not being "engaged" with them. Rust was off balance in the trolley tracks and his future should be thanking God it was Marleau and not Shea Weber coming across.

Marleau did alter path to make contact. Should be two minutes for charging or roughing (because there is no penalty for "high hit"), and a borderline two minutes at that. Nothing more.

Meets all the criteria of a multi game suspension ...
-Marleau could avoided the hit but didn't make any effort to avoid him.
-Rust was in a vulnerable position
-Rust's head was the main point of contact
-hit resulted in an injury
Marleau was quoted as saying he tucked his elbow and shoulder and let Rust skate into him :L He came in from A blind spot. You can see the extension of his leg and his shoulder following through Rusts head. Definitely bad intentions. With the injury should be a suspension. If the league wants to follow their protocol