• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Freakin' Finals (Sharks v Penguins)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a comebacker off the face in my softball game (we won, and my good lucks were saved because I wear a goalie mask to pitch for exactly such an incident), but I'm glad the Pens took care of business in my absence.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't work. Never mind. :(

It was a hilarious post, though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good, it was on Twitter, too. Twitter I know how to do.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Phil Kessel going to win the Conn Smythe trophy?

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he does will he hold it upside down (I think it's hollow) and fill it with hot dogs?

In case this is a serious question. Maybe? I think he's in the discussion, along with Murray (who would get my vote) Crosby and maybe even Bonino.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it would be a great story, a guy who was picked last at the NHL All-Star game a few years ago and took the lion's share of the blame for the Leafs woes ends up winning the Conn Smythe. I smell Hollywood feature film.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Letang win the Conn Smythe. He's been a major factor offensively and defensively in almost every game, and his ice time is outrageous.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Letang win the Conn Smythe. He's been a major factor offensively and defensively in almost every game, and his ice time is outrageous.

That could be a pretty good story as well, not good enough for Team Canada but good enough to win the Conn Smythe.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it would be a great story, a guy who was picked last at the NHL All-Star game a few years ago and took the lion's share of the blame for the Leafs woes ends up winning the Conn Smythe. I smell Hollywood feature film.

Double feature with the John Scott story??? Best selling theatre refreshments? Hot dogs of course!!

Special cameo appearance by land Phil.

image0027.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be a pretty good story as well, not good enough for Team Canada but good enough to win the Conn Smythe.
Justin Williams won the Conn in 2014. Don't think anybody was advocating for him to be on TC in Sochi.

It's a bigger thing if Kessel wins to me - the US is bringing a lot of trash to the World Cup but they aren't bringing their second-best goalscorer who is literally making the difference in games single-handedly for his team in the Cup final. At least in Letang's omission there's a modicum of logic (even if I'm still completely dumbfounded by Muzzin's inclusion, it's pretty much the only issue I have with the team in general) given that anybody could make a good argument for Subban, Burns, Gio, Brodie etc. being on the team as well as Letang.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Schultz is one game away from getting his name on the Stanley Cup - I never thought I would type that.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a great thing about the current Conn Smythe debate as a Pens fan, is that it's not an easy call. That's a great thing for your team. I'd give it to Phil probably. Or Murray. Letang has had too many poor games in ECF and SCF. He's rebounded from those games very well, but really since that Callahan hit he's been different. Less consistent. I think that Phil has been really consistent throughout all the series. He was huge in the ECF, and is chipping in in the SCF too. Murray has been very constant too. He stole games in the Caps series, and he really hasn't had many awful games. Maybe game 4 in ECF. No one has stood out substantially ahead of anyone else. Sid has been probably the best player in the ECF and SCF, even if the numbers haven't been following up that performance.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Schultz is one game away from getting his name on the Stanley Cup - I never thought I would type that.

He's been...really good actually. It's weird. He's gotten so much better with every game. Even his fancy stats are great. Again, match ups and zone starts help. But he's stepped up BIG TIME in Daley's absence.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Williams won the Conn in 2014. Don't think anybody was advocating for him to be on TC in Sochi.

It's a bigger thing if Kessel wins to me - the US is bringing a lot of trash to the World Cup but they aren't bringing their second-best goalscorer who is literally making the difference in games single-handedly for his team in the Cup final. At least in Letang's omission there's a modicum of logic (even if I'm still completely dumbfounded by Muzzin's inclusion, it's pretty much the only issue I have with the team in general) given that anybody could make a good argument for Subban, Burns, Gio, Brodie etc. being on the team as well as Letang.

There's always gonna be great talent left off of Canada, the US can't afford to leave elite talent at home.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been...really good actually. It's weird. He's gotten so much better with every game. Even his fancy stats are great. Again, match ups and zone starts help. But he's stepped up BIG TIME in Daley's absence.

I just like the fact that it's going to stick in the craw of Oilers fans :D

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other side of the coin is if it wasn't for him the Pens could already have the Cup - watch the Sharks ot winner from Saturday night

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other side of the coin is if it wasn't for him the Pens could already have the Cup - watch the Sharks ot winner from Saturday night

He's certainly had poor moments, but he's been a much more positive impactful player than negative.