• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Finals: Washington Capitals vs. Las Vegas Golden Knights

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG I love Jameson

That is all
ThreeWisemenShot-88584092-58a4afd55f9b58819cf5324c.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
my god that save

very impressed with Eller today as well

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes!!!

Turned to my brother after the great Holtby save and said “you don’t make saves like that and then lose the game, right?... RIGHT?!?”

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas lost that game by not scoring with the 2 man advantage then went 9 minutes without a shot.
Not going to win many games in the finals like that.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Caps on your first finals win! Now go fuck yourselves.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have a friend who grew up in Maryland and then spent much of her adult life in North Carolina. She was a Canes' fan. I even went to a Canes/Leafs game in Raleigh with her when I was visiting her one time.

She moved to Tahoe about two years ago for work. All of a sudden during the conference finals she posts a picture in Vegas at the Knights' game in the lower bowl. Has been posting on many of my friends pages with #nocaps hashtags and such the past several weeks. Not a god damn mention of the Golden Knights on her Facebook page until this month.

She was at the game tonight sitting in the lower bowl. Guessing those tix were at least two grand each for her and her hubby. Maybe much more.

As a lifelong Caps' fan, it KILLS me not to be able to go to these conference finals or Cup finals games. But I don't have the money right now to do it, and even if I did, i can't justify spending a week's vacation in the Carribean or a nice ass ski trip to go see 3 hours of play. And it kills me even more to see some friend who isn't that into hockey and is totally just being a bandwagon jumper attending a game like that knowing the many Caps, Blues, Sabres, etc. fans out there who've never had the chance... and couldn't afford it if they did.

So needless to say that brought a little extra joy to the win tonight. (and yes @dash , schadenfreude)

To the Vegas lifers and true hockey fans, best of luck in what's been an awesome series. To the bandwagon fans and relocaters who have abandoned their hometown teams for the local flavor of the month, as @Dacks once famously said...

...go fuck yourselves.