• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
nice... a couple of Nuck fans caught the Gonzalez homer at the Sox game today

3666.16_5F00_Mike-and-Nigel.JPG

also, here's a tiny monkey in a Nucks jersey.
4897621.bin

the story: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...ey+Canucks+smallest+cutest/4897609/story.html

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice... a couple of Nuck fans caught the Gonzalez homer at the Sox game today

3666.16_5F00_Mike-and-Nigel.JPG

Those are monster seats their in. I've sat there once. Overrated as far as I'm concerned, especially for the price.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Boston is upset about a player they think should have been suspended and who wasn't and came back to haunt them? Sounds familiar.

Anyway its a fast game and Bergeron kind of jumped into Burrow's mouth so I think the no suspension is a good one. Its a really fast game and players cannot be accountable for things that happen on the ice like that.

.... lol. :pound:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, time to move on...Bitch at Andrew Ference for being indirectly responsible for two of the Canucks three goals last night, get mad at a Bruins team who sat back in the 3rd period and let the Canucks dictate the tempo.

The funny thing is I don't think the Canucks played very well last night and they still managed to come away with a victory. That's the surest sign of a championship team, when they play a mediocre game and still find a way to win.

I have to disagree. This is an excuse that has been used for both games. That the Canucks didnt play their "A" game and walked away with a win. Perhaps the Bruins style of play really does knock them back a level. Both games were extremely close. Game 1, both teams looked rusty. Game 2, was a friggin awesome game that was decided by a fucking stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid move on Thomas' part. But thats hockey, and people need to be accountable for their mistakes. That being said, we are not down 3-0, we are down 2-0, and that is not anywhere near impossible to come back from.

Am I pissed that Burrows was out there and had a hand in all 3 goals? Of course. Should Horton have possibly been suspended thus nollying the GWG in game 7 against the Lightning? Possibly. But all in all, like Wayne said, he should have been fined like Horton. And Lapierre is added to my list of Canucks I loathe now. Honestly I admire the Canucks squad, but now after watching them in depth, I hate Raffi, Burrows and Lapierre.

On to tonight. Home. LETS GO BRUINS!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. This is an excuse that has been used for both games. That the Canucks didnt play their "A" game and walked away with a win. Perhaps the Bruins style of play really does knock them back a level. Both games were extremely close. Game 1, both teams looked rusty. Game 2, was a friggin awesome game that was decided by a fucking stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid move on Thomas' part. But thats hockey, and people need to be accountable for their mistakes. That being said, we are not down 3-0, we are down 2-0, and that is not anywhere near impossible to come back from.

Ill disgree with you and agree with dash. D Sedin said it was actually their worst game of the playoffs. I kind of expected a letdown from the Canucks due to the rust ... they did the same thing game 2 versus Nashville

That second period has been the canucks m.o. for alot of the regular season. Canucks had the second period lull that they did a lot of during the year ... 15 minutes of laziness and 2 minutes of total doziness ... Hrudey brought this up post game ... its inexplicable ... they just tend to stop skating for stretches and then ramp it back up again. You cant tell me it was ALL Boston stepping up their play in that second period

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Im gonna throw the "could you imagine" card again

could you imagine if Luongo gave up that gwg ? He would have been crucified by the haters.

to be fair, (reported?) the douches were coming out full force and questioning Tim Thomas too but Luongo would have got it much worse from the douchebag haters

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Thornton in for Paille tonight? anyone know if thats official?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what have we here. A Game Day :)

Keys to the Game

Canucks

- Hammer Chara every chance you can get
- PK
- get Thomas out of position
- keep it tight with Lucic
- Score on the PP
- Keep the chances to minimum
- Kill them with speed

Bruins

- keep the PP going
- keep em off the PP
- minimize damage to and from Chara (less minutes?)
- get Lucic going
- protect thomas on his position
- slow em down

GO CANUCKS GO

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what have we here. A Game Day :)

Keys to the Game

Canucks

- Hammer Chara every chance you can get
- PK
- get Thomas out of position
- keep it tight with Lucic
- Score on the PP
- Keep the chances to minimum
- Kill them with speed

Bruins

- keep the PP going
- keep em off the PP
- minimize damage to and from Chara (less minutes?)
- get Lucic going
- protect thomas on his position
- slow em down

GO CANUCKS GO

Canucks need to keep hitting everything that moves

HIT HIT HIT

/stat of the day: Canucks are sitting on 666 Total Hits this playoff ... btw thats 159 more hit than Boston

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still disagree. Can't use that excuse twice. I truly hope the Bruins pull this out at home to silence all this nonsense.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Im gonna throw the "could you imagine" card again

could you imagine if Luongo gave up that gwg ? He would have been crucified by the haters.

to be fair, (reported?) the douches were coming out full force and questioning Tim Thomas too but Luongo would have got it much worse from the douchebag haters

Meh, these keyboard warriors can't wait for a miscue by a top goalie. Most of them forget about the 7 or 8 fantastic saves prior to a mistake that leads to a goal (Kipper is ripped something fierce on Calgarypuck).

/Why didn't Chara just either trip or tackle Burrows?!? In that situation, take the penalty and hope you team can kill it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still disagree. Can't use that excuse twice. I truly hope the Bruins pull this out at home to silence all this nonsense.

like I said in game 1

- we didnt steal that game from Boston, we stole it from Thomas
- Game 2 saw 15 solid minutes where boston was the better team, the 3rd period changed that again for the Canucks.

Both PP on both teams could use some work or we would be 12 goals in not 6. tonight the Canucks who are one of the better road teams this year get a chance to take a strangle hold they have never experienced before.

I usually say that Boston will come out in the first 10 mins like gang busters and Im sticking to it. I just hope the Canucks do to. It will be epic. Im having my neighbour come over for this game and he is a bruins fan. that should be interesting lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/Why didn't Chara just either trip or tackle Burrows?!? In that situation, take the penalty and hope you team can kill it.

Thomas did his best to lunge at Burrows, make contact and interfere with his progress around the net ... refs arm didnt go up but thankfully Timmay got a big chunk of Chara too ... Burrows got a very lucky bounce but Chara should have just finished him

was it ever truly revealed what Chara went to hospital with early in the playoffs? dehydration??? yah right!

before the playoffs started Doug MacLean said he expected the Sedins to "turnstyle" Chara and exploit his foot speed. classic line "i expect to see him spinning like the front door at the Sutton Place hotel"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both PP on both teams could use some work or we would be 12 goals in not 6. tonight the Canucks who are one of the better road teams this year get a chance to take a strangle hold they have never experienced before.

canucks try to be far to pretty on the power play at home ... much more clinical on the road ... Im looking for this professional mentality tonight

canucks pp% this playoffs
home pp%: 15.8%
road pp%: 40%

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
canucks try to be far to pretty on the power play at home ... much more clinical on the road ... Im looking for this professional mentality tonight

canucks pp% this playoffs
home pp%: 15.8%
road pp%: 40%

wow that is a huge difference. home fans dont care as long as you put the puck in the net :)

we dont want a show we want a win lol wow 40%

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow that is a huge difference. home fans dont care as long as you put the puck in the net :)

we dont want a show we want a win lol wow 40%

take out the 3 5on3 goals scored against san jose and the road pp% is still 33.33% ... the way they move the puck around with purpose on the road is unmatched

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it ever truly revealed what Chara went to hospital with early in the playoffs? dehydration??? yah right!

are you questioning that he was dehydrated or that he went to the hospital. he didnt look right that game they talked about it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take out the 3 5on3 goals scored against san jose and the road pp% is still 33.33% ... the way they move the puck around with purpose on the road is unmatched

we will need it tonight.

tonight is interesting it has the potential to be a blow out. it seems to be on edge for breaking out. but Thomas is a machine and wont ever give up so Im hesitant to put money on the over tonight.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will need it tonight.

tonight is interesting it has the potential to be a blow out. it seems to be on edge for breaking out. but Thomas is a machine and wont ever give up so Im hesitant to put money on the over tonight.

i just dont see it happening (maybe i mean i hope that doesnt happen). The canucks have been so good since game 7 against the hawks ... 11 and 3 ... although they did struggle game 3 versus the sharks going down 4 - 0

if it does happen ... hopefully theyll show some jam and work their way back into it like they did against sj

and if a blowout starts Ill watch closely for when the CBC cameras do an extreme close up on Corey Schneiders face ... their cameras are drawn to his face ... maybe the red hair makes him photogenic??? :nonod: