• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they hitting in the offseason? The crack pipe? Huff...?

these are pro athletes not guys who hang out near the railroad tracks ... Im guessing theyll be hitting some muff in the offseason

/and woops ... post #1437 should read this post-season ... not offseason

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuelsson walking with out crutches ... another playoffs miracle ???

/or was the miracle for us canucks fans him getting injured and getting out of the lineup?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Julien on the Lapierre taunting of Bergeron

C.Julien sur le comportement de M.Lapierre: "Une des raisons pourquoi il a fait 3 équipes cette année..."

translation: thats one of the reason why hes played on 3 teams this year

wahhhhhhhhhhhh

hey how about the game youre playing tonight there Claude>?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan, but Lapierre has done pretty damn well the last couple playoffs.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a scumbag whom I wouldn't mind seeing his face caved in.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at this actually happening

A real thing that happened after Game 1: They grabbed Roberto Luongo for a postgame interview, he'd just finished turning aside all of Boston's shots, this after allowing only two goals on 56 in the series clincher against San Jose. One of the first questions out of the interviewer's mouth was something along the lines of, "How about that Timmy Thomas, huh?"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One wonders what, exactly, either Luongo or Thomas will have to do to switch places in the eyes of the respectively condemning and adoring media. Will Luongo have to make a breakdancing save with the game on the line like Thomas did that one time in the All-Star Skills Competition? Will Thomas have to two-hand Zdeno Chara, shoot the puck into his own net, then celebrate as the Canucks carry around the Stanley Cup?

It doesn't make a lot of sense that in a series featuring the unequivocal two best goaltenders in the world, the one who has made just two mistakes to his opponent's four is somehow not widely considered to be having the better go of things.

Luongo, though, will probably settle for the stunning lack of credit and a 2-0 series lead.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Canadian media is horrible. Sorry.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make a lot of sense that in a series featuring the unequivocal two best goaltenders in the world, the one who has made just two mistakes to his opponent's four is somehow not widely considered to be having the better go of things.

Ooooo, not sure about that. Thomas is your Vezina winner this year for sure, but I'd take Rinne over Luongo. Does that come from a Vancouver paper by chance?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all Media is horrible and biased.

This is true... But the crap that jstew posts is some of the most homer crap I've ever seen. Yes, Thomas made a huge mistake, but to completely take everything he has done away from him for that, meh.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooo, not sure about that. Thomas is your Vezina winner this year for sure, but I'd take Rinne over Luongo. Does that come from a Vancouver paper by chance?

its a blogger from puckdaddy Ryan Lambert ... i think he's cdn

Im not here to debate whether Rinne is better than Luongo ... Luongo is still playing and Rinne is off working on his glove hand playing Finnish baseball

I thought it was a good piece pointing out the difference in how the media covers Luongo vs Timmay

What We Learned: Thomas, Luongo and goalie bias in Final - Puck Daddy - NHLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true... But the crap that jstew posts is some of the most homer crap I've ever seen. Yes, Thomas made a huge mistake, but to completely take everything he has done away from him for that, meh.

just to be clear Im not taking anything away from Thomas. I think hes been brillant and if Boston cant rally around that they dont deserve it. tonight is the series for Boston but not for Vancouver should Boston lose/win. they need to rally and play the best yet. and so do we

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to be clear Im not taking anything away from Thomas. I think hes been brillant and if Boston cant rally around that they dont deserve it. tonight is the series for Boston but not for Vancouver should Boston lose/win. they need to rally and play the best yet. and so do we

While I dont believe any series is over till its over, I agree. They lose tonight, it is pretty much a wrap. If they can win these two at home after those last two CLOSELY CONTESTED games, then we're in for one hell of a trip.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it takes everything away from him. I just think he's saying Thomas is over-idolized (word?) and Luongo is underappreciated, which I think is a pretty good observation. I don't think it's even commenting on their play much, just their perception in the public/media.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

where did i do that?

Im pointing out that Luongo is playing great and that he doesnt get praised like other goalies ... its to the point of comedy now ...(ie he wins game 2 and the first question he gets is about Tim Thomas) ... he only gets shit heaped on him when he makes mistakes

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I dont believe any series is over till its over, I agree. They lose tonight, it is pretty much a wrap. If they can win these two at home after those last two CLOSELY CONTESTED games, then we're in for one hell of a trip.

lol are you trying to convince me those were closely contested or yourself :)

heh...

I still wont plan anything if up 3-0 this year has proved differently for 3-0 series leads. but the game needs to be played and the Canucks will have to bring their best tonight and I believe in my core matrix they will.