• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Looks like Flames Central is doing some fancy backpedalling based on the Calgary Herald article...They posted the following on Calgarypuck (unofficial forum of the Calgary Flames).

HI Everyone,

Thanks for sharing your input on the Calgary Herald Article that has recently been published. We understand everyone's concern, however it seems that facts have been misconstrued. NEVER would we ever become "Canucks Central"!!! We are and ALWAYS WILL BE Flames Central!

We welcome ALL Hockey Fans, but Flames Central always bleeds RED!

Good luck to both teams in the finals..should be a good series to watch.

Thanks again for your concern and input.

Stupid whining Flames fans. I was pulling for Calgary in '04, and was hoping it would NOT be the Bolts in the final this year. Hell wasn't that (off his)Rocker guy on the ESPN boards a Flamer :D?

Maybe being an ex-Pat has made me more mellow than most Canadian Hockey fans? NOT, I would find it difficult to cheer for the Oil and/or the Habs in a Final. Leafs fans have suffered enough...

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should also be noted that we are "road warriors". Good luck ya crazy Canucks, gonna be a good series! GO BRUINS!

Sure looked like it the last two games in Tampa :p

But yeah I was pointing out how media and fans always want to use past 'trends' to prove why their team is going to win. The better team usually wins the Stanley Cup and have reason to believe this year will be the same.

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
D.O.A. was from here too, of course. skinny Puppy, Subhumans, Dayglo Abortions from Victoria

My Vancouver Favorite in that genre was Death (Fucking) Sentence.

Could not find the Much Music Video to Danger zone, here's one with live shots from some of their gigs.

YouTube - ‪Death Sentence Danger Zone‬‏

Still remember them as one of the best Moshing bands, back when it was still called Slam Dancing (lol).

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun with trends II:

Good news for Canucks fans as per TSN. The last two times Canada has hosted and Olympics, the hockey team in that city has won the Stanley Cup the following year.

Montreal summer games 1976, Habs win in 1977
Calgary winter games 1988, Flames win in 1989
Vancouver winter games in 2010, Canucks win in 2011??

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Gallagher polishes off his schmarmy douchebag tin-foil hat
Conflict of interest too big to ignore - Gallagher

:tinfoil3: :L

My reply to his article:

So you're saying either 1-Colin Campbell should leave his job because his son plays in the NHL, or 2-his son shouldn't be allowed to play in the league his dad has a job in? If that's not what you're saying, maybe you could clarify it for us. Game 7 was a well played game with both teams playing very disciplined. The most obvious call that wasn't made was Horton getting hooked/interfered with and taken down to the ice in front of Tampa's net. Blaming officials and claiming conspiracy is pathetic. The Canucks had more power plays than the Sharks. I think there was a conspiracy to put a Canadian team in the finals. See how easy it is to make idiotic accusations? Man up and grow a pair!!

Do you think they'll post it?

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much focus as there will be on the key players (Sedins, Kesler, Luongo for Vancouver and Chara, Lucic, Bergy and Thomas for Boston), they may just cancel each other out and the secondary guys could prove to be the difference in this series. Bieksa has had a fantastic 2 months for the Canucks and is a darkhorse for the Conn Smythe, Sami Salo is also playing great on the backend. Can Johnny Boychuk and Dennis Seidenberg continue playing well for the Bruins? David Krejci and Nathan Horton need to bring their best efforts for the Bruins to have a chance. Can't wait to see what the 'Green Men' cook up for Don Cherry and Zdeno Chara.

The hell with that, I wanna see what miss flash my boobs has in store.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hell with that, I wanna see what miss flash my boobs has in store.

sdas.jpg

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just saw this reminder:

The Bruins return to the finals for the first time since facing Edmonton in 1990, while the Canucks make their first trip since squaring off against the New York Rangers in 1994. In both years, Mark Messier ruined each team's Cup dreams.

Moose ruined each teams last cup dream...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a very good and entertaining series. It will come down to special teams and goaltending. If Luongo keeps playing the way he is even with Thomas playing great for the Bruins it will be tough for them if they can't stay out of the penalty box.

The Canucks are deeper up front and as we all know the hero's in so many series come down to guy's on the third and fourth lines. The grunt guy's, both teams have them but IMO the Canucks are deeper.

Good luck to both teams and their faithful fans.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this reminder:

The Bruins return to the finals for the first time since facing Edmonton in 1990, while the Canucks make their first trip since squaring off against the New York Rangers in 1994. In both years, Mark Messier ruined each team's Cup dreams.

Moose ruined each teams last cup dream...

Then Moose joined Keenan in Vancouver and caused what many Canucks fans refer to as the "dark years".

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Then Moose joined Keenan in Vancouver and caused what many Canucks fans refer to as the "dark years".

Ah yes, the "Dark Years", did not need a reminder of that era :puke:. I still can't believe that contract Messier signed with the Canucks back then :doh:.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that matters now is the last 18 games played for our goalies is

Luongo 12-6 with a 2.29 goals- against average and .922 with 2 shutouts
Thomas 12-6 with a 2.29 goals- against average and .928 with 2 shutouts

thats uncanny how equal they are

Last edited by a moderator: