• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
euro captain will win the cup this year

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versus says Game 7 between Boston and Tampa averaged 2.55 million viewers, making it most-watched conference final game in network history

On VERSUS ratings: That was only 3rd conf. final Game 7 w/ 2 U.S.-based teams since 2002. In essence, it beat TBL/PHI (04) and BUF/CAR (06).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow to the bolded part

The Stanley Cup final matchup last year was the best thing to happen to the NHL in the United States since Wayne Gretzky dried his tears on the pier at Santa Monica, Calif., in 1988. The meeting of the Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers, the third- and fourth-biggest media markets in the States, produced substantial ratings at the precise moment the league was renegotiating its U.S. TV rights. Bingo: a $2-billion (all currency U.S.) deal with NBC and Comcast. (Start your engines, conspiracy theorists.)

The Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks pairing in 2011, by contrast, has been compared by some to the Fox TV glowing puck as a broadcasting non-starter. Ratings from the local Vancouver market don’t count in the U.S. Nielsen ratings. To Americans, Vancouver might as well be Vladivostok at this time of year. The Sedin twins, likely to win back-to-back Hart Trophies, rival the GOP presidential field on the invisibility factor. Boston is dropping as a major U.S. market.

Yet Boston is still the No. 7 market, a not insubstantial perch. The presence of an Original Six team from the Northeast usually spurs ratings. NBC is locked in for a decade and knows this could have been the Tampa Lightning and Nashville Predators instead. And a smiling Bill Belichick might be there at the TD Garden waving his black-and-gold pom-poms again.

Crucially for the NHL, having Vancouver deliver nightly viewership in the four-million-plus range in Canada (as it did for Game 5 against the San Jose Sharks) couldn’t come at a better time with the Canadian TV rights auction just a few short years ahead. The major telecommunication companies in Canada are waging an intergalactic struggle for supremacy in the multiplatformed universe, so there might be as many as a half-dozen breathless bidders lining up for Hockey Night in Canada, the platinum asset of Canadian TV properties.

NHL suits in Manhattan are already hoping for a doubling of the CBC’s $100-million-a-year contract that ends with the 2013-14 season. Who knows? A seven-game series that sets new ratings records for Canadian TV might just take some of the sting out of watching Hockey Napoleon’s Retreat from his Sun Belt strategy.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow to the bolded part

NHL suits in Manhattan are already hoping for a doubling of the CBC’s $100-million-a-year contract that ends with the 2013-14 season.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the CBC has another $100 million to shell out for hockey. Looks like it could be CBC/Shaw HNIC coming to a tv set near you.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I don't think the CBC has another $100 million to shell out for hockey. Looks like it could be CBC/Shaw HNIC coming to a tv set near you.

I dont know if the competition bureau/CRTC will let CBC join forces with a private broadcaster to bid for a new contract ... I think it might end up with Rogers

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if the competition bureau/CRTC will let CBC join forces with a private broadcaster to bid for a new contract ... I think it might end up with Rogers

Which wouldn't be too bad I guess...Does that mean we have to start rooting for the Blue Jays?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need some Vancouver music in here.

he's probably the highest grossing musically inclined canucks fan(*) out there and he's everyones moms favorite singer

(*)now that Chad Kroeger is paying $100,000 per month child support

he's changed 3 concert dates so they dont fall on Canucks cup final game nights ... and he's got his private jet locked and loaded for Boston

plus he was on the radio friday afternoon ripping Gary Bettman and Bob McCowan (lol)

and he serenaded Tom Larscheid

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or did something happen to Bob McCown and he just became a cantankerous bitter old guy who just whines and complains about everything? I used to enjoy listening to him, but I can't do it anymore and now that Damian Cox is a regular on his show, it's truly unberarable.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me, or did something happen to Bob McCown and he just became a cantankerous bitter old guy who just whines and complains about everything? I used to enjoy listening to him, but I can't do it anymore and now that Damian Cox is a regular on his show, it's truly unberarable.

i dont listen but apparently bobcat is calling the canucks "boring and uninteresting" and saying that there are no storylines with the Canucks in the stanley cup final

:loco:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what thread this belongs in, but Stanley Cup finals tickets in Vancouver are fetching thousands of dollars online...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont listen but apparently bobcat is calling the canucks "boring and uninteresting" and saying that there are no storylines with the Canucks in the stanley cup final

:loco:

yeah no story line in Malhotra
yeah no story line in the cup and the gold medal in teh same city potentially
yeah no story line in back to back art ross trophy twins that everyone called soft and failures and maybe now back to back Hart winners
yeah no story line in Luongo redemption
and really no story line in a Canadian Hockey team trying to bring it back to Canada after 18 years.

nope nothing there Bobcat. you fraking moron. (Im sorry to morons)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what thread this belongs in, but Stanley Cup finals tickets in Vancouver are fetching thousands of dollars online...

they are averaging $970 for tickets. that is fucking crazy. some seats are going for $1900 per ticket while in Boston its $1100. CMON MAN thats nuts. I only paid $286 per ticket.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are averaging $970 for tickets. that is fucking crazy. some seats are going for $1900 per ticket while in Boston its $1100. CMON MAN thats nuts. I only paid $286 per ticket.

like mattola said

average price in Boston is $800 per game per ticket LESS than what theyre selling for aftermarket in Vancouver

Phoenix yes, LA yes, Anaheim yes, San Jose yes ... but I never thought id see the day when its cheaper to fly to boston to see the canucks play

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from puckdaddy

Ferrer said that, as of Sunday, 20 percent of the StubHub buyers for the Stanley Cup Final games in Boston are from Canada.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MORE

SLEEPS

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from puckdaddy

Ferrer said that, as of Sunday, 20 percent of the StubHub buyers for the Stanley Cup Final games in Boston are from Canada.

wow. that will be some representation in that arena. good luck boys you are making us proud.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. that will be some representation in that arena. good luck boys you are making us proud.

if its any indication

So the tickets in Boston are a shade more affordable (and one assumes attainable) than they are in Vancouver, at least through Sunday. Which may be one reason why Ferrer believes there will be plenty of Canucks fans hitting the road for Beantown, as they did for the San Jose Sharks' home game in the conference finals — 20 percent of the buyers of Sharks home game tickets on StubHub were from British Columbia, in fact.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its any indication

So the tickets in Boston are a shade more affordable (and one assumes attainable) than they are in Vancouver, at least through Sunday. Which may be one reason why Ferrer believes there will be plenty of Canucks fans hitting the road for Beantown, as they did for the San Jose Sharks' home game in the conference finals — 20 percent of the buyers of Sharks home game tickets on StubHub were from British Columbia, in fact.

going to be curious to see how many B jerseys will be in Rogers Arena. they are well represented in regular season.