• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My thoughts on game 2 are that the Bruins should feel worse about this one than game 1. From about the halfway point of the first until about the 8 min mark of the third, they were the much better team. They had the Canucks bottled up defensively and were working around Luongo the way they had to. The goals were a rebound and a deflection, exactly the book on Lu. Crash the net and make him uncomfortable. Then the Sedin line had that one good shift and the Bruins went into the shell that costs them every time, it seems. They coughed up the puck and let the Canucks come at them.

As for Chara, the book on him is pretty straightforward, too. Soft dump-ins with speed and bottle him up tight in the corner and make him work in close. Guys that big need to use there reach and leverage. You take that away and they won't be successful. He's still one of the best D-men in the league and should bounce back. I think Thomas knocked him off-stride on that OT goal or he might have been able to rub Burrows out before he could get around the net. Bad read and play by Thomas and a slightly bad angle by Chara. Tough break, B's fans. So far the Canucks have only held serve on home ice, let's see what happens in Beantown.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
DC is onboard!

2350.11.06.04-_2D00_-Vancouver-Canucks-Banner-_2800_2_2900_.JPG

Curtrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know. After watching the Canucks fail year after year, I think most Canucks fans have a good understanding how frustrating it is to see your team lose. I think the "Burrows shouldn't even had played!" excuse is really lame.

Last edited by a moderator:

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know. After watching the Canucks fail year after year, I think most Canucks fans have a good understanding how frustrating it is to see your team lose. I think the "Burrows shouldn't even had played!" excuse is really lame.

I think it is relevant, being impartial and all...

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pix: Pronger was suspended for one game in the 2007 Finals for elbowing Dean McAmmond in the head. Should have been more, IMO, but that's water under the bridge now.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can buy Boston fans being pissed that Burrows wasn't suspended, and that he scored an OT goal... but that decision didn't cost the Bruins the game. And I think any level headed Boston fan will admit the same thing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Boston is upset about a player they think should have been suspended and who wasn't and came back to haunt them? Sounds familiar.

Anyway its a fast game and Bergeron kind of jumped into Burrow's mouth so I think the no suspension is a good one. Its a really fast game and players cannot be accountable for things that happen on the ice like that.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can buy Boston fans being pissed that Burrows wasn't suspended, and that he scored an OT goal... but that decision didn't cost the Bruins the game. And I think any level headed Boston fan will admit the same thing.

I am not saying this is to blame for the loss, they had every chance to win. But it doesnt change the fact that he shouldnt have played and was crucial to the win.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Boston is upset about a player they think should have been suspended and who wasn't and came back to haunt them? Sounds familiar.

Anyway its a fast game and Bergeron kind of jumped into Burrow's mouth so I think the no suspension is a good one. Its a really fast game and players cannot be accountable for things that happen on the ice like that.

The fact remains that everyone thought that he should have been suspended

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

So lets get rid of suspensions all together if this is your take.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamhuis on the team charter to Boston and not limping, according to Elliott Pap.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm scared this beautiful post will fly over some people's heads.