• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmfao at this.

Boychuk must have known that Raymond was in a vulnerable position, yet not only didn't he let up, he gave Raymond a hard shot.

A hard shot? He barely hit him. I guess I can see Nucks fans being upset but to say that Boychuk creamed the guy is laughable.

As I said earlier I could care less if Boychuk got suspended. We are still coming to Vancouver and leaving with the cup.

:rofl:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree 100%

I love hard hitting games as much as anyone. Horton was a stud for us and is out. Your guy is out now as well and both of them are important pieces to the team. That sucks.

I just cant buy the hit him with hard force comment from Fraser. I have watched that replay at least a dozen times and its borderline interference at best. It certainly was not intent to injure or anything like that at all. Thats all I am saying.

As have I with Horton and see no direct head shot it's clear we are both terrible homers

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, g'night people. Gotta rest my liver for tomorrow.

GO BRUINS!!! See y'all in the a.m. :sly:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just make this one post on the Raymond /Boychuk indecent. From what I can see in this video, Boychuk's stick doesn't appear to be between Raymond's legs, if that's what is meant by can opening a player. It just looks like he's finishing a check and and it doesn't even look like he turns Raymond, more like Raymond was trying to keep his balance. If it were dirty and warranted a suspension, I would say so. It's really unfortunate he got hurt and I hope he'll have a speedy as possible recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As have I with Horton and see no direct head shot it's clear we are both terrible homers

To me, the difference is Rome saw Horton pass the puck and had time, albeit not a lot, to abandon the check, but continued knowing if he did abandon it Horton has a clear path to the net. I do believe Rome when he says he didn't mean to hurt Horton. With the Boychuk play, both players were skating together in the same direction, as I pointed out in my last post, it doesn't look like Boychuk's stick is between Raymond's legs. It looks like Raymond loses his balance and gets turned as he's trying to regain it. JMO In any event, on to game 7. Have a great time at the game Matt

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the difference is Rome saw Horton pass the puck and had time, albeit not a lot, to abandon the check, but continued knowing if he did abandon it Horton has a clear path to the net. I do believe Rome when he says he didn't mean to hurt Horton. With the Boychuk play, both players were skating together in the same direction, as I pointed out in my last post, it doesn't look like Boychuk's stick is between Raymond's legs. It looks like Raymond loses his balance and gets turned as he's trying to regain it. JMO In any event, on to game 7. Have a great time at the game Matt

Im hoping now all boston fans and canucks fans can drop both the rome/horton boychuck/raymond incidents. all that matters is both injured players will hopefully fully recover.

lets enjoy game 7 and to the winner go the spoils

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the hit was a penalty, but nothing more than that. And to comment on the injury situation yet again, I don't care what a spinal surgeon said...you spine board someone when any spinal injury is in consideration. That was a major oversight, and they were lucky that the nature of the injury was such that no further injury could occur by having him move. Still, based on the fact that he was in such pain and unable to move, you spine board him. Also, that Hamhuis note is very interesting. If they can get him back, it's HUGE for the Nucks D who's struggled in some of these games of late. That could be a huge mental boost for them as well...also, I really really really hope that Raymond can at least get back to Vancouver for tomorrow night, regardless of the outcome, he has to be there.

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im hoping now all boston fans and canucks fans can drop both the rome/horton boychuck/raymond incidents. all that matters is both injured players will hopefully fully recover.

I agree.

I am sick of all of the comments now including mine. Cant wait for tomorrow night when my team brings the cup home.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muprh says "zero percent chance" we see Hamhuis tomorrow night.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so torn about who to cheer for tomorrow. I am certain Boston will win and it would be great to see the most deserving player in these playoffs Tim Thomas get to lift the Cup. On the other hand, the thought of Kaberle lifting it too makes me sick. As does the thought of Magoo and Jeff being rewarded for acting like tools this whole playoffs.

On Vancouver's side, I would love to see that city get the Cup they have been hoping for for so long. Seeing a passionate Canadian fanbase celebrate is unlike anything else in sport. On the other hand, Luongo and some other Canucks players who haven't exactly exhibited great sportsmanship this playoffs will get to lift that trophy as well. If they so win, I only hope Roberto at least justifies it with a great effort.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As does the thought of Magoo and Jeff being rewarded for acting like tools this whole playoffs.

Come on BWF, is it really necessary to call out posters on the eve of the biggest game of the season? I mean, we all cross the line from time-to-time (myself included).

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, that's my only comment on the issue, we'll other than this one now, LOL It's a shame both players got injured and a shame the series has been so chippy, but I chalk up the chippy play to 1-a team trying to get it's fans their first cup and 2-a team trying to get their fans their first in 39 years. I don't think the players came into this series hating each other or with any animosity.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NHL.com

Since the NCAA began crowning a national champion in 1948, there are only three goalies from the college ranks that have played the primary role in their team claiming the Stanley Cup.

Now, Tim Thomas, the former University of Vermont star, is hoping to add his name to that elite list. To do so, he will have to win one more game in the 2010-11 season—Wednesday’s Game 7 in Vancouver.

Ken Dryden, Ed Belfour, and Mike Richter have already accomplished this rare feat.

NCAA hockey has made some pretty good strides in recent years, and America has started producing some really high-end goaltending talent. I still don't really feel like I have a dog in this fight, and while part of me really wants Vancouver's fanbase to finally see a Cup come home, I would be pumped if TT could backstop his team to a championship. I might even try and make the trip if he takes it home to Flint.

I think in the next few years we are going to see more former NCAA goalies make some Cup bids. Howard and Miller both look like good candidates.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on BWF, is it really necessary to call out posters on the eve of the biggest game of the season? I mean, we all cross the line from time-to-time (myself included).

Fuck you dash!!!! Stop ruining a good fight asshole!!!

:behindsofa:

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well people did it to me for things not even close to as dumb as he has done, yet nobody bans him? Starting to think the whole me being a Leafs fan thing isn't just a conspiracy theory :D