• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte Friedman tweet:

Mike Gillis will meet with the media at 530 PT

Something tells me another rant about officiating will be the main topic of discussion...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliotte Friedman tweet:

Mike Gillis will meet with the media at 530 PT

Something tells me another rant about officiating will be the main topic of discussion...

:L they will never learn. but Ill put on the TV for this one. should be interesting. I guess he got the door slammed in his face when trying to go to the NHL.

whats the point of this. I hope its just an update about Raymond.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraser: My take on Johnny Boychuk's hit on Mason Raymond

Fraser thinks it was a minor penalty only as does Cliff Ronning. I still think it was dangerous to can opener a player going towards the boards and then drive him in backwards prone. suspendable to me. but Im of the minority and I will now drop it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's going to take Raymond's spot in the lineup? Bolduc? Hodgson? Tambellini?

Hamhuis & Rome are already out. If Edler can't go it would be a big blow to the Canucks. I think Edler will be in the lineup though. We shall see.

I know a lot of people are saying this game will be a defining one for Luongo, but I feel the Sedin's are in the same boat.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fraser thinks it was a minor penalty only as does Cliff Ronning. I still think it was dangerous to can opener a player going towards the boards and then drive him in backwards prone. suspendable to me. but Im of the minority and I will now drop it.

As an unbiased opinion Matty, I think it was just a minor penalty as well (which was missed). I didn't see Boychuk "drive" Mason into the boards. It more just looked like (in my humble opinion) he just kind of took him out of the play (which was the interference). It definitely didn't scream "dangerous hit" to me as much as bad luck. Anyway, good luck to both Bruins and Canucks fans tomorrow, hopefully it's a good one.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's going to take Raymond's spot in the lineup? Bolduc? Hodgson? Tambellini?

Hamhuis & Rome are already out. If Edler can't go it would be a big blow to the Canucks. I think Edler will be in the lineup though. We shall see.

I know a lot of people are saying this game will be a defining one for Luongo, but I feel the Sedin's are in the same boat.

sounds like Tambellini. that should make you happy

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent heard it yet its nowhere to be found. but canucks.com forums has some tidbits

AV confirms Edler and Alberts will be fine. Hamhuis is a possibility.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillis Presser: "Raymond in hospital can move legs. he also think if they get Raymond back for November that they would be happy. they originally thought he may not walk again as they say it is a broken back"

and team 1040 confirmed Edler and Alberts will be fine. Hamhuis is a possibility.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillis Presser: "Raymond in hospital can move legs. he also think if they get Raymond back for November that they would be happy. they originally thought he may not walk again as they say it is a broken back"

and team 1040 confirmed Edler and Alberts will be fine. Hamhuis is a possibility.

Wow, thank god he seems to be in a much better position. That would be awful.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, thank god he seems to be in a much better position. That would be awful.

yeah I dont care about who did what or how it happened now. he will be better. that makes me happy

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
story on if moving him did any extra damage
Raymond not imperilled by Canucks’ injury response - The Globe and Mail
But many spinal experts and sports trainers say the team made a good call and that it was unlikely Raymond would risk further injury by getting up.

“Personally, I do think they handled it in the right way,” said Zhi Wang, a spinal surgeon at the Université de Montréal's Hospital Center. “These types of fractures are actually stable fractures. They do not have any neurological impact.”

but I still think they took an unnecessary risk

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

lmfao at this.

Boychuk must have known that Raymond was in a vulnerable position, yet not only didn't he let up, he gave Raymond a hard shot.

A hard shot? He barely hit him. I guess I can see Nucks fans being upset but to say that Boychuk creamed the guy is laughable.

As I said earlier I could care less if Boychuk got suspended. We are still coming to Vancouver and leaving with the cup.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some updates (courtesy of Friedman):

Kesler: will be different than Olympic Final because 18,000 will be on my side this time
35 minutes ago
»
Elliotte Friedman
FriedgeHNIC Elliotte Friedman
Vigneault says Edler and Alberts are fine
51 minutes ago
»
Elliotte Friedman
Gillis said he is still trying to determine why Raymond skated off instead of being carried off.
54 minutes ago
»
Elliotte Friedman
Raymond can't travel until hospital finishes making special corset so he can travel.
55 minutes ago
»
Elliotte Friedman
Gillis: Raymond has break through "belly of vertebrae."
56 minutes ago
»
Elliotte Friedman
Gillis: initially concern about not being able to walk. Was movement later. If we get him back by November, we'll be very happy.
58 minutes ago
»
Elliotte Friedman
Gillis: not going to answer questions about officiating.
59 minutes ago
»
Elliotte Friedman
Gillis: I thought Boston player used can opener to drive Raymond into boards with enough force to break his back

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW as I said earlier as well I am glad he is ok. I hate seeing players get hurt no matter what the reason.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW as I said earlier as well I am glad he is ok. I hate seeing players get hurt no matter what the reason.

no need to mention it. we believe you and thank you for your concern (seriously)

look we can all be assholes on this board (especially Jeff :) ) but bottom line is no one wants anyone injured like that or like horton.

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no need to mention it. we believe you and thank you for your concern (seriously)

look we can all be assholes on this board (especially Jeff :) ) but bottom line is no one wants anyone injured like that or like horton.

Yes I agree 100%

I love hard hitting games as much as anyone. Horton was a stud for us and is out. Your guy is out now as well and both of them are important pieces to the team. That sucks.

I just cant buy the hit him with hard force comment from Fraser. I have watched that replay at least a dozen times and its borderline interference at best. It certainly was not intent to injure or anything like that at all. Thats all I am saying.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From NHL.com

Since the NCAA began crowning a national champion in 1948, there are only three goalies from the college ranks that have played the primary role in their team claiming the Stanley Cup.

Now, Tim Thomas, the former University of Vermont star, is hoping to add his name to that elite list. To do so, he will have to win one more game in the 2010-11 season—Wednesday’s Game 7 in Vancouver.

Ken Dryden, Ed Belfour, and Mike Richter have already accomplished this rare feat.