• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Hammer suffered an ankle sprain...

initially thats what was reported (and surmised from the ugly looking picture) but the next morning he was walking with no limp at all

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow Ballard still on the ice with Tamby and Rome ... Tanev in the lineup over Ballard ???

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow Ballard still on the ice with Tamby and Rome ... Tanev in the lineup over Ballard ???

I thought Ballard received unfair criticism in game 4, Marchand catches him with a trip/slew-foot combo that goes undetected by the zebras and then Marchand deposits a backhand by Bobby Lou for the 3rd Bruins goal.

I guess Ballard could have gotten into the play a little quicker, but the B's got a big break on that play.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ballard received unfair criticism in game 4, Marchand catches him with a trip/slew-foot combo that goes undetected by the zebras and then Marchand deposits a backhand by Bobby Lou for the 3rd Bruins goal.

I guess Ballard could have gotten into the play a little quicker, but the B's got a big break on that play.

I agree. Henrik also really flubbed that play as well to make it worse.

hes been out awhile so communication was weak. I dont understand his treatment of him. but we shall see when this is over. if AV is here next year I dont believe Ballard will be.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was a definite undetected leg sweep BUT in the words of Craig Simpson "GET UP ... THIS IS THE STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS"

i still think Tanev/Ballard is a better option than having Alberts continuously chip the puck off the glass

does it all mean Bieksa/Tanev as the shutdown duo ??? :L thats a very tall task ... at least AV is inspiring confidence in one defenseman :L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Henrik also really flubbed that play as well to make it worse.

hes been out awhile so communication was weak. I dont understand his treatment of him. but we shall see when this is over. if AV is here next year I dont believe Ballard will be.

what do they get for him ???

if this past september, you would have told me Victor Oreskovich would have played more games in the SCF than a healthy Keith Ballard I would have got in touch with the local mental health authority

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully game 5 isn't decided by the end of the 2nd period

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do they get for him ???

if this past september, you would have told me Victor Oreskovich would have played more games in the SCF than a healthy Keith Ballard I would have got in touch with the local mental health authority

you might want to do that for me anyway.

as for what he is worth. thats impossible to say today. we will have to review everything that went wrong should we lose and see what is possible (packages? single trades etc..)

for now I dont want to think that. game 5 is today on Friday.

FRIDAY FRIDAY - GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Ballard for Stajan? Stajan makes less, but he's under contract for a longer term.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Ballard for Stajan? Stajan makes less, but he's under contract for a longer term.

Ballard is longer term ... 18 mill left ... maybe if gillis cant get a deal done ... stajan would be a cheaper buyout option ;)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballard is longer term ... 18 mill left ... maybe if gillis cant get a deal done ... stajan would be a cheaper buyout option ;)

D'oh you're right jstew, I went and confused Stajan with Bourque...I'd still rather have Ballard than Stajan.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
OK - some of this shit is really damned funny

Down Goes Brown: Why hockey fans should learn to love the Bruins and Canucks

Canucks - Roberto Luongo knows that playing in the Stanley Cup finals is the dream of every young hockey player from the very first moment they lace up the skates, and so he was nice enough to make sure every member of the Bruins got to score a few goals at home.

Canucks - You may not like him as a player, but when it comes to finger-biting jokes Maxim Lapierre is basically the Bill Hicks to Milan Lucic's Denis Leary.

Bruins - Gregory Campbell has done an admirable job of focusing on the series despite the distraction of all that paperwork that goes with applying to be legally adopted by Brendan Shanahan.