• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if only Colie had the smarts of Ken Read (who resigned his position with Alpine Canada when his son made the Canadian ski team).

/Why didn't Tony write this piece when Colie's son was toiling for the Panthers?
Timing is everything.

Why didn't anyone, fans included, say anything when he was on the Panthers? I guess Colin didn't want the Panthers to win the cup, huh?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 hours, 34 minutes till game time.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malhotra not playing Game 1. Tamby in for Im not sure who, Im guessing.Oreskivich. I cant spell his name without help so from now on I call him The Orc

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malhotra not playing Game 1. Tamby in for Im not sure who, Im guessing.Oreskivich. I cant spell his name without help so from now on I call him The Orc

Tamby is going to be in the lineup for the Canucks. I sure didn't see that as a possibility. That's great news for Boston.:bounce:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tamby is going to be in the lineup for the Canucks. I sure didn't see that as a possibility. That's great news for Boston.:bounce:

this speed will benefit. not sure why it would be advantage boston.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this speed will benefit. not sure why it would be advantage boston.

The Canucks already have plenty of speed without Tambellini. I realize he's probably going to be on the 4th line so he won't get that much ice time. I just think they have better options. Heck Tambellini had a hard time getting on the ice for the Islanders.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

on the last page:

manny out
4th: tamby - bolduc - oreskovic

unless AV is going to pull a fast one.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Canucks already have plenty of speed without Tambellini. I realize he's probably going to be on the 4th line so he won't get that much ice time. I just think they have better options. Heck Tambellini had a hard time getting on the ice for the Islanders.

who is the better option?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is the better option?

I don't know all the Canucks players, but there has to be somebody better than Tambellini available. Is Hodgson playing on the 3rd line? What happened to Shirikov? Jeff's got a nice wrister & is great in shootouts & don't get me wrong I'll be happy for him if he gets his name on the Cup, but there has to better option in the minors. What about Jordan Schroeder?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know all the Canucks players, but there has to be somebody better than Tambellini available. Is Hodgson playing on the 3rd line? What happened to Shirikov? Jeff's got a nice wrister & is great in shootouts & don't get me wrong I'll be happy for him if he gets his name on the Cup, but there has to better option in the minors. What about Jordan Schroeder?

see thats the thing you dont know whats below him enough to make that statement. hodgson cant skate anywhere near as good so until Cody gets more expeirence in the NHL he is not a better option than Tamby, Shirokov is so inconsistent in the NHL that he also is not a better option. Schroeder is a total unknown at this point and Im not sure if hes even able to be called up. Tamby will be a very good option for a 4th line speed demon and a PK. he can also slot into a line with kesler and raymond if needed. so he is a very good option for this team. for whatever reason he could not make the Isles is unknown to me but known to you. the fact he got into the canucks lineup this season as much as he did with this teams talent speaks wonders of waht the coach thinks of him and that is all that matters. he wont be a liability.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the last page:

manny out
4th: tamby - bolduc - oreskovic

unless AV is going to pull a fast one.

so its hodgson out then. Im ok with that. I like that line very fast with some hitting power from bolduc and oreskovic

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Glass would be a better option if he was actually hitting. He hasn't been (must be hurt, right?) so he's not.
Malhotra would be a better option if he's good to go.... we'll find out tomorrow.
Hodgson might be, might not. tough to say right now. we're asking for more forecheck and d than O from the 4th line, and tamby is more reliable there (and hits more)
throwing another rookie into the finals... in hopes that they don't fuck up, it pure stupidity.

Tamby has been pretty damned solid defensively when he's been call upon (see youtube clip, for example), which is a role that he probably hadn't been asked to play on the Isles.
This is possibly also a reward for that play.
or, it's possibly coach's games to make Boston think manny won't be in the line-up.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass would be a better option if he was actually hitting. He hasn't been (must be hurt, right?) so he's not.
Malhotra would be a better option if he's good to go.... we'll find out tomorrow.
Hodgson might be, might not. tough to say right now. we're asking for more forecheck and d than O from the 4th line, and tamby is more reliable there (and hits more)
throwing another rookie into the finals... in hopes that they don't fuck up, it pure stupidity.

Tamby has been pretty damned solid defensively when he's been call upon (see youtube clip, for example), which is a role that he probably hadn't been asked to play on the Isles.
This is possibly also a reward for that play.
or, it's possibly coach's games to make Boston think manny won't be in the line-up.

i didnt use manny as an example as I believe he wont be available for game 1 but he is the best option. I think at this point Hodgson lack of footspeed doesnt help him over Tamby. I think Glass is broken... get it.... Broken Glass :).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DROP

THE

FRAKING

PUCK

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
doors open at 3:45!!!

to the bar for lunch, and just keep drinking until it's time, I reckon.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 24 hours to go. How nervous are you Canucks' and Bs' fans?

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 24 hours to go. How nervous are you Canucks' and Bs' fans?

No reason to be nervous. I believe in the Bruins, it's only game 1, I have other things to worry about really. The games will actually be welcome to take my mind off my problems. If the Nucks win the cup, I'm happy for their fans getting their first one.