• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Marchand goal was fucking awesome, I just watched it like 10 times.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I switched the game off middle 3rd because Im not a masochist and Im nursing a manny malhotra like gardening caused eye injury ... but Im hearing AV put fucked up pp combos out in the 3rd (Torres ?)

how many times did he do that

Daniel got a misconduct 7 minutes into the 3rd, Burrows and Kesler were booted 11 minutes in.
the powerplay was just looking for warm bodies at that point

speaking of warm bodies.... Henrik has 0 points, 0 shots and is 34% on faceoffs so far.
has someone put the call out to Super-Kes?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am somewhat of an asshole if instigated. But if people are respectful as I am when I go to away games, then I have no problems at all. I'll even stand up for them.

The definintion of a classhole! ;)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It was dirty, but I'd be lying if I said I didnt love it. I dunno, I think the Bruins sent a message, I dont think it is even close to settling the score, but I hope they play smart hockey and really try their hearts out to win this for Horton and most of all for us the fans.

I think running up the score goes against them and having campbell taunt luongo after the late goals. but what it does do is really bring up the emotion and for us the fans that is only good.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The definintion of a classhole! ;)

lmao

I think running up the score goes against them and having campbell taunt luongo after the late goals. but what it does do is really bring up the emotion and for us the fans that is only good.

I dont believe in the term "running up a score". This is the pros. If the chance is there, take it. Your on the ice to score. Not the Bruins fault Luongo was a siv last night. And the way this series is going, I am all for taunting.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry jstew... been there/done that and find it extremely funny, dude.

all i can say is visors should be mandatory when weed whacking ... I was extremely dumb but Im extremely lucky

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is obviously wrong with Kesler (groin pull/strain), he's not skating nearly as well as I'm used to seeing...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

I dont believe in the term "running up a score". This is the pros. If the chance is there, take it. Your on the ice to score. Not the Bruins fault Luongo was a siv last night. And the way this series is going, I am all for taunting.

your also saying you would love it if payback happens (physical payback) and that you would backhand another fan if the cops were not looking. I think your over reacting :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe in the term "running up a score". .

I agree - not in hockey. In a sport like football, you can just run the ball and kill clock and punt if they stop you. If you are up by 24 and have the ball with 3 minutes left, you are running it up if you are throwing 70-yard bombs.

But hockey is a free-flowing game. Are you supposed to take the puck to the front of the net and then just skate around it and gently leave it behind?

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lmao

Me too, if you don't want a team to run up the score, than show some heart and stop them. We had this discussion after game 2 of the Sharks/ Canucks series, too. The Canucks D was just going through the motions and Edler and Errhoff should have had 3 Bruins assists each the way they kept passing the puck so nicely to the Bruins point men. I can't even be too hard on Lu. He was like a relief pitcher taking one for the team. I hope he puts it behind him and comes back strong.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, if you don't want a team to run up the score, than show some heart and stop them. We had this discussion after game 2 of the Sharks/ Canucks series, too. The Canucks D was just going through the motions and Edler and Errhoff should have had 3 Bruins assists each the way they kept passing the puck so nicely to the Bruins point men. I can't even be too hard on Lu. He was like a relief pitcher taking one for the team. I hope he puts it behind him and comes back strong.

yah pretty much ... AV asked him if he wanted to come out after 5-1 and Luongo said no and that he didnt want to leave the net ... maybe hes the masochist lol

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your also saying you would love it if payback happens (physical payback) and that you would backhand another fan if the cops were not looking. I think your over reacting :)

Your cutting words out now. That was if they were instigating at an away game. And like I said, people can call me not classy or an asshole, but I do not believe I am over reacting by saying I would like to see payback. The win was great, but that doesnt take away the fact the some nobody took out one of our key players. The score isn't settled. If we really dominate from this point on and take the Cup, all will be forgotten and I'll be happy. If not... then I think you know where I am going.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your cutting words out now. That was if they were instigating at an away game. And like I said, people can call me not classy or an asshole, but I do not believe I am over reacting by saying I would like to see payback. The win was great, but that doesnt take away the fact the some nobody took out one of our key players. The score isn't settled. If we really dominate from this point on and take the Cup, all will be forgotten and I'll be happy. If not... then I think you know where I am going.

not sure how I can look at the words and not see the one thing. that your ok with payback. ok thats you. but unless a fan is attacking me Im pretty sure Im not going ot backhand him for yelling at me or taunting me. but thats me.

if you win you are happy
if you lose then its what? a better team one but you hate them?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
all i can say is visors should be mandatory when weed whacking ... I was extremely dumb but Im extremely lucky
I did the same fucking thing this weekend :L
whatever it was nicked my face about a cm away from my eye as well.
Something is obviously wrong with Kesler (groin pull/strain), he's not skating nearly as well as I'm used to seeing...
He certainly didn't put up much of a fight against marchand on that SH goal. i would have been OK with a horse-tackle, or even a figure 4 leglock. you CAN'T let a waterbug like that get clean to the net.
I agree - not in hockey. In a sport like football, you can just run the ball and kill clock and punt if they stop you. If you are up by 24 and have the ball with 3 minutes left, you are running it up if you are throwing 70-yard bombs.
But hockey is a free-flowing game. Are you supposed to take the puck to the front of the net and then just skate around it and gently leave it behind?
yeah, as a coach you don't want your team to stop playing the way it is capable of playing. we see that with Team Canada a lot when they have played the lower tier teams internationally. You feel bad for the recipient, but you don't want your team to stop playing the game properly (i know goal differential counts, but still...). In Boston's case they don't even feel bad for the recipient (and rightly so). A danger exists in awaking the giant right back.
hell, I was on a team that won a game 25-0 a few years ago... there was just nothing we could do to NOT score. Instead of driving to the net, you make 5 passes instead, but still end up with an open net to shoot at.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on a team that won a game 25-0 a few years ago... there was just nothing we could do to NOT score. Instead of driving to the net, you make 5 passes instead, but still end up with an open net to shoot at.

I've been on both sides of that type of intramural game. It's no fun for anybody, but you're right, not much that you can do. If you are passing the puck back to your D-men and not even trying to score, that's even more embarassing for the losing side in a lot of ways.