• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, Rome has an 11am hearing with the NHL brass tomorrow.
I'm guessing 1 game.

I'm thinking Aaron Rome has played his last playoff game this season...The hit was late, he exploded into the hit etc. etc. Plus Aaron Rome is a plumber and Murphy can make up for his swing and a miss on both Horton and Burrows.

/The irony is that if Horton is suspended for game 7, the Bruins may not beat Tampa. Now the Bruins may likely have to go the rest of the way without Horton.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff, thanks for the vid, but I found this other beauty...

tbel5.jpg

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, Rome has an 11am hearing with the NHL brass tomorrow.
I'm guessing 1 game.

Don't most of you Canucks fans dislike Rome anyway and wish that Ballard (or even Tanev) would be in there instead?

Looks like one of them will get in for a game now... or wait, how bad is Hamhuis' leg injury? Could he be ready to step back in for Game 4?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does that to remember Luc Bourdon.

Had no idea, sorry... but meant no disrespect; just thought it was funny that WW mentioned shooting arrows and knew Burrows did that (and I'm no fan of Burrows after teh bite)...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Don't most of you Canucks fans dislike Rome anyway and wish that Ballard (or even Tanev) would be in there instead?

Looks like one of them will get in for a game now... or wait, how bad is Hamhuis' leg injury? Could he be ready to step back in for Game 4?

Pretty much. he's steady, but offers zero to the transition game (what the team's offense is built on).
Hamhuis is with the team, but hasn't skated yet. I'd be surprised if he's ready by Weds.

no one can quite figure out why AV hates playing Ballard so much.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. he's steady, but offers zero to the transition game (what the team's offense is built on).
Hamhuis is with the team, but hasn't skated yet. I'd be surprised if he's ready by Weds.

no one can quite figure out why AV hates playing Ballard so much.

Gotcha, thanks for the Hamhuis info... hopefully he's not too bad and can get back in there soon.. He's one of the few Canucks players I actually like.. Hah!

And yeah, I remember you guys posting about Ballard and not being sure why AV dislikes him so much... doesn't make any sense, especially with the kind of money he's getting paid. Oh well.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Obviously, you never want to see any player leave in that situation," Vigneault said. "I think our whole team and myself and the whole organization hopes that he's all right. ... I don't think that's the hit that the league is trying to take out of the game. This is a physical game, you have big guys. Fraction of a second to decide what's happening out there. It's very unfortunate. You never want to see that. But this is a physical game."

lmao... Great coach. Of course your team is always going to stand behind you, but come on. CJ will atleast admit when a player does something stupid on the Bruins, he made that quite obvious in his post game remarks last night. The Canucks team is a completely different team from top to bottom in my eyes now. As stated before, I love the 'Nucks guys here... but the team has taken many steps back in my eyes.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not up to date on this thread but you called it mattola ... damn what a blowout

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit... so it was legal? A goalie can hit a player if the player is in the crease area only? or can he go to the boards and level somebody?

I believe Sedin had just touched the puck, and hell yeah a goalie can check.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with AV's statement above is the following:

I don't think that's the hit that the league is trying to take out of the game.

Really?!? A hit that's very late where a guy explodes into the hit and targets an opposing player's head is a hit that we want to keep in the game? Sorry, I'd rather see players like Marc Savard and Nathan Horton have lengthy careers and a future after hockey rather than watching them being carted off on stretchers to the hospital.

I understand that whole defending your player bit, I get that, but we can't continue to have hits like that in this game.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with AV's statement above is the following:

I don't think that's the hit that the league is trying to take out of the game.

Really?!? A hit that's very late where a guy explodes into the hit and targets an opposing player's head is a hit that we want to keep in the game? Sorry, I'd rather see players like Marc Savard and Nathan Horton have lengthy careers and a future after hockey rather than watching them being carted off on stretchers to the hospital.

I understand that whole defending your player bit, I get that, but we can't continue to have hits like that in this game.

i think what he meant was the hit has nothing to do with rule 48 ... it wasnt blindside and it was north south

and as ferraro pointed out this morn ... there still isnt a rule outlawing shoulder contact to the head ... theyre working on this in the upcoming offseason

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'd rather see players like Marc Savard and Nathan Horton have lengthy careers and a future after hockey rather than watching Aaron Rome play this game.

and i fixed that

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North/South, maybe on a compass but not on the ice. However I havent watched the replay. That was headhunting regardless... It is the type of hit that they want to remove from the game and AV is a fucking idiot.