• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can get all the stats you want you still have to play the games you make it sound like the Kings are going to steam roll the Rangers and they are not

So, what are you basing your thought on? Do you think the Rangers have played tougher opponents, do you think the Kings are beat up and have played too many games and run out of gas? Do you think the Rangers are superior? What is your opinion on why the Rangers will win with a nice breakdown?

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what are you basing your thought on? Do you think the Rangers have played tougher opponents, do you think the Kings are beat up and have played too many games and run out of gas? Do you think the Rangers are superior? What is your opinion on why the Rangers will win with a nice breakdown?

The Rangers are not going to come this far and lay down to the Kings. Use all the stats you want Im saying its going to be a different series because I dont think Hank will get another chance for the cup after this one. They are going to rally around Hank and win as team like they did against the Habs, Pitt and Flyers

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marian Gaborik is scoring because he doesn't have to be THE GUY, like he was when he was here. I am a huge fan of Gaborik, was when he was here, still am today. I'm glad to see him being successful, they took him from the Jackets for nothing and it's paying off. But when you play on a ling with Kopitar, of course it will help. He is the perfect player to compliment Gaby's game. When the pressure isn't just on him to be the main guy, he produces, like this post-season.

But, one thing, we may know Gaborik better than anybody else, Hank does, G and Mac do. I'm confident we can contain him, not to a point of completing shutting down, but well enough to keep him from scoring 7 goals in 4 games.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can get all the stats you want you still have to play the games you make it sound like the Kings are going to steam roll the Rangers and they are not

Everybody has already counted us out. ''Experts'' as well, why are we even gonna bother playing the games?

Centers:
LA:
Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll
NY:
Stephan, Moore, Richards, Brassard

IMO, huge advantage LA

Stephan? :noidea:

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are not going to come this far and lay down to the Kings. Use all the stats you want Im saying its going to be a different series because I dont think Hank will get another chance for the cup after this one. They are going to rally around Hank and win as team like they did against the Habs, Pitt and Flyers

If that is what you are going on, I'll take the team that has been there before and won (and beat the defending champs along the way) before a team that hasn't made it in a long time.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just busting your balls, PM. :suds:

I respect you cause you stick to your guns but at least give your thought process on what you are thinking. I know I have busted your balls before as well on a few things. Glad to see you dish it back. :suds:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect you cause you stick to your guns but at least give your thought process on what you are thinking. I know I have busted your balls before as well on a few things. Glad to see you dish it back. :suds:

Thank you, much appreciated!

I've toned down my act quite a bit, don't wanna be disliked by the members here. I know i'm a huge homer and all, but try to be straight forward. :suds:

Hey in my eyes, if you can dish it out, you better damn well be ready to take it back!

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, much appreciated!

I've toned down my act quite a bit, don't wanna be disliked by the members here. I know i'm a huge homer and all, but try to be straight forward. :suds:

Hey in my eyes, if you can dish it out, you better damn well be ready to take it back!

You can't be a full blown homer and make it, but you can be a homer if you explain yourself and then if you are right and what you say is right, then you are completely validated. If you are wrong, then you eat crow. Being a homer without any justification/explanation just doesn't fly especially if not willing to eat crow and then you also can't really take any credit because everyone will think it is dumb luck without your thoughts on the subject or justification for your posts.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be a full blown homer and make it, but you can be a homer if you explain yourself and then if you are right and what you say is right, then you are completely validated. If you are wrong, then you eat crow. Being a homer without any justification/explanation just doesn't fly especially if not willing to eat crow and then you also can't really take any credit because everyone will think it is dumb luck without your thoughts on the subject or justification for your posts.

I do try to make sense of my homerism in each post I make, at least I try to. I try to be fair when I back my team and willing to admit when i'm wrong as well

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do try to make sense of my homerism in each post I make, at least I try to. I try to be fair when I back my team and willing to admit when i'm wrong as well

Not trying to be confrontational or anything to you. I deserve to eat crow if anything right now based on my comments in the previous Rangers threads.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my co-workers is a Rangers fan and hates the Red Wings. He never watches any games and has decided this playoffs to talk smack. I do think the Kings have an advantage but am looking forward to the series. I did call whatever team to come out of California to win the Cup but thought it would be the Ducks. The Kings are a more complete team IMO and still feel they will win. I think the center position will be the biggest deciding factor in the series but it could be the goaltending and defense of the Rangers.

Looking at the Rangers and Hawks, I think the Hawks have just as good a defense but a worse goalie goalie but also a more potent offense.

This has the potential to be another great Cup series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think we're going to see plenty of low scoring games. Solid defense, not many PP chances on either side, think both teams will be well disciplined, just gotta hope the refs don't try and control the series.

Hank vs Quick, every goalie fans' dream. It's going to be one hell of a match-up. Just talking about my team playing for the best trophy in the world is giving me the chills. I still can't believe this

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn I had to edit my last post way too many times ....

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my co-workers is a Rangers fan and hates the Red Wings. He never watches any games and has decided this playoffs to talk smack. I do think the Kings have an advantage but am looking forward to the series. I did call whatever team to come out of California to win the Cup but thought it would be the Ducks. The Kings are a more complete team IMO and still feel they will win. I think the center position will be the biggest deciding factor in the series but it could be the goaltending and defense of the Rangers.

Looking at the Rangers and Hawks, I think the Hawks have just a good a defense but a worse goalie goalie but also a more potent offense.

This has the potential to be another great Cup series.

Unfortunately for the Rangers fans who've been around all year(s), this group of Rangers fan seem to be the loud/visible ones. Between NYC and LA there's going to be an obnoxious amount of celebrities suddenly taking up the cause.