• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you talking about......go back and read the post, Im not talking about discounting Im talking about containment. Gab doesnt have a physical game just check him off the puck

You said it would be easy to stop the man who is leading postseason goal scoring, that's a pretty blase approach to giving him credit. "Other teams don't know him"? Is this 1930 and there's no film to watch? Gaborik has always been a goal scoring threat, I don't think the fact that he once played in New York gives them some significant advantage. Every team can watch hours of film on a player these days. They certainly have the talent to stop him, but it will NOT be "easy". Ask Duncan Keith if it's easy.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havent really watched him......you cant be serious what region of the country has late night hockey, west coast. Gaborik can be detained and its pretty easy. He scored mostly in the first 2 rounds of this years postseason. Hank s game has been much better as the postseason has gone deeper.
The Rangers are going to be a tougher opponent for Gaborik and the Kings than Chicago

You can believe that, but please tell me why. Hank is the significantly better goalie, that is obvious, but if you watched that series, it was dirty goals. Deflections, getting to the net, picking up the garbage. That's how you beat Hank too. It's not going to be a pretty snipe that gets by him, it's a deflection or second chance opportunity. The Kings will approach the Rangers like they have the other teams, because that's worked for them. They crash the net, hit hard, and use their size. The Kings have a substantial size advantage. The Rangers have Boyle, Staal, but a plethora of small guys. That's an X-factor.

EDIT: My point being this:

On paper, the Kings should win...and it shouldn't be close. Games aren't played on paper of course, but you're going to be hard pressed to convince me the Rangers have an edge in this series outside of Lundqvist.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it would be easy to stop the man who is leading postseason goal scoring, that's a pretty blase approach to giving him credit. "Other teams don't know him"? Is this 1930 and there's no film to watch? Gaborik has always been a goal scoring threat, I don't think the fact that he once played in New York gives them some significant advantage. Every team can watch hours of film on a player these days. They certainly have the talent to stop him, but it will NOT be "easy". Ask Duncan Keith if it's easy.

It does give NY an advantage that Gaborik played here most of his former teammates are still in NY and they are very familiar to his game

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can believe that, but please tell me why. Hank is the significantly better goalie, that is obvious, but if you watched that series, it was dirty goals. Deflections, getting to the net, picking up the garbage. That's how you beat Hank too. It's not going to be a pretty snipe that gets by him, it's a deflection or second chance opportunity. The Kings will approach the Rangers like they have the other teams, because that's worked for them. They crash the net, hit hard, and use their size. The Kings have a substantial size advantage. The Rangers have Boyle, Staal, but a plethora of small guys. That's an X-factor.

EDIT: My point being this:

On paper, the Kings should win...and it shouldn't be close. Games aren't played on paper of course, but you're going to be hard pressed to convince me the Rangers have an edge in this series outside of Lundqvist.

Rangers in 6

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My head wants to say kings in 6 but my heart says Rangers in 7. So for the first time in my life im following my heart.

Rangers in 7

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers in 6

Swaying argument. If you're going with your heart, please do...but again, I'm not going to agree as non-emotionally invested fan. I need "facts".

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discounting what Gaborik has done this postseason is silly. The Kings have more weapons on offense than the Rangers, doesn't mean they'll lose or anything of the like. The Kings crash the net much more than the Rangers previous opponents. They're a completely different breed, and the Rangers will need to adjust to that quickly. Hank can steal the series for them, but they'll need him to stand tall all series or they'll crack. The Rangers aren't the offensive force that the Hawks are.

I think people dont realize how good the Rangers D-men are Kings might have the best single defenseman but I will take the Rangers group over most teams. Also aside from a few games they have been playing lights out. Hank gets all the credit and he deserves his share but the defensive unit has made it easy for him to make a lot of those saves.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaying argument. If you're going with your heart, please do...but again, I'm not going to agree as non-emotionally invested fan. I need "facts".

bah....this isnt a detective case or a trial. If you need facts then why play the games....what you have statistical value so the series is over? wrong

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people dont realize how good the Rangers D-men are Kings might have the best single defenseman but I will take the Rangers group over most teams. Also aside from a few games they have been playing lights out. Hank gets all the credit and he deserves his share but the defensive unit has made it easy for him to make a lot of those saves.

Trust me...I realize it. I like their top pair, but after that, meh. I think I said Kings were "slightly" better, but not much. The Rangers got to this point because of their entire defensive unit, Hank included.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bah....this isnt a detective case or a trial. If you need facts then why play the games....what you have statistical value so the series is over? wrong

As I said in previous post, you have to play the games. I've also said that my gut told me to pick the Rangers, but the paper battle (which means nothing besides helping predict) says the Kings are the better team. Every sport is filled with "mediocre" teams winning championships they shouldn't. I'm a Steelers fan, we stole it in 2005. Happens, and when someone brings it up you roll your eyes and flaunt your championship t-shirt, because it means squat.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Gaborik's former teammates on the Rangers know his game from the Torts era - that is a way different game than he plays under Sutter, so other than knowing his name, I'd say they don't know much else - it's been over a year since he played for them and he's not like a goalie you keep a book on.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Centers:
LA:
Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll
NY:
Stephan, Moore, Richards, Brassard

IMO, huge advantage LA

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Gaborik's former teammates on the Rangers know his game from the Torts era - that is a way different game than he plays under Sutter, so other than knowing his name, I'd say they don't know much else - it's been over a year since he played for them and he's not like a goalie you keep a book on.

Rangers got a book on him for sure......I dont think Av is telling his team to fear him, they are going to get physical with him because he cant handle it

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any statement that is slightly negative toward the Rangers is made, you're going to disagree with it...aren't you?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers got a book on him for sure......I dont think Av is telling his team to fear him, they are going to get physical with him because he cant handle it

So Gaborik doesn't go to the front of the net because he can't take the physical play? Gotcha. You go out of your way to hit Gaborik and his linemates are going to eat you up.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Gaborik doesn't go to the front of the net because he can't take the physical play? Gotcha. You go out of your way to hit Gaborik and his linemates are going to eat you up.

Thats not what I said.....he hates the physical play. They wont skate after him but if he is in range there are ways to contain him