• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanely cup finals Pens Vs Sharks

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pens are just blazing fast. It's a problem the SJ coaching staff still hasn't found an answer to yet.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well atleast the Sharks have stanely cup caliber goaltending

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 posts in this game. 4 for the Sharks. No puck luck at all.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another overtime. Sharks are due to win one of these. This OT could be a series changer.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They simply fucking suck in close games

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was a nice season. At least they made the finals. Generally a poor effort in the these 2 games overall. Can't have just 9 shots in the first 2 periods and then all of sudden they start playing in the last 6 minutes. You are just asking to lose and lose they do again in OT. End of an era for Marleau / Thornton maybe. Don't think they are going to win 4 out of 5 now or 4 straight. They will win one in San Jose and lose in 5 games. So let it be written so let it be done.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pavs zip, Thornton zip, Couture zip, Ward zip. A lot of leaders doing zip. 3 goals in 2 games just doesn't cut it. Poor Martin Jones has to be perfect with the sandbags, pylons, blocks of cement in front of him. I am sorry I am calling players out but this is the Stanley Cup finals. Where is the passion and the effort. I am not seeing much. I thought they would be desparate tonight not just for the final minutes of the 3rd period. I am really upset with them right now.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I started traveling all over the world there is just no way to follow hockey - I log in occasionally to get the 'forum' review of how they are doing from time to time and that's about it. I did clear some of my schedule for the playoffs and did get to see some games. After following these guys for 22 some odd years.. its nice to finally see them in the finals.

Up to this point, the Sharks have generally played clean hockey and did a great job of 1-2 passes to get it out of their zone and attack. Against the pens they just ***constantly*** f--- that up... its like watching them a couple of years ago: flailing at the puck for 90 seconds and then struggling for a change. Always 2nd or 3rd to the puck. Losing battles, etc...

I did like some of the line changes, and Logan started to get some things happening. Pav (as much as I love the guy) looks like hes watching a tennis match from center ice. Joe also looks slow compared to the last few series matches. Nieto was faster but I am not sure if that really brought any thing else.

Personally I think these guys really need to start taking the body, a lot. The need to get cleaner and smarter passes out of their zone and then aggressively get low and force the pens to do more work. Hopefully we can make some adjustments and find that stash of red bull the equipment guy forgot to pack and at least get a win at home.

Hope everyone is well... Cheers~

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pavs zip, Thornton zip, Couture zip, Ward zip. A lot of leaders doing zip. 3 goals in 2 games just doesn't cut it. Poor Martin Jones has to be perfect with the sandbags, pylons, blocks of cement in front of him. I am sorry I am calling players out but this is the Stanley Cup finals. Where is the passion and the effort. I am not seeing much. I thought they would be desparate tonight not just for the final minutes of the 3rd period. I am really upset with them right now.

It's not over yet, it just seems that way. They are capable of coming back and turning the series around at home. Just need more offensive zone time and more shots getting through on net. Of course, Game 3 is a critical, must-win game.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks are straight up choking right now. They are thinking way too hard and their success comes from not by thinking but DOING. They need to go back to trusting their decisions and having confidence. So many mental errors by players that haven't made such decisions all season! Don't get me wrong, Pittsburgh has been great and they have the confidence as well as the advantage of experience of playing in a Stanley Cup Final but I fully expect the Sharks however to crush the Penguins next game. It's at home, our team should finally get a spark going from a very loud and starved crowd. Time to return the favor. This team is too good and come too far to let the season end like this! I don't even care if we don't wind up winning the cup. I care that the Sharks play Sharks hockey for this great and dedicated fan base till the seasons reached its end!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Biggest things in seeing is the Sharks entry into the Pens zone almost being an automatic turnover everytime that leads to the pens springing 2 forwards with speed pushing the Sharks D back so typically the trailer or 3rd man in is getting a clean look on a drop pass or cross ice pass.

The biggest culprit in this is the top line, outside of Hertl they are just too slow to be turning it over the way that they are. It's either Thornton bringing the puck in and almost immediately getting double and sometimes even covered by 4 pens with zero puck support from either Hertl or Pavelski. Pens are doing a great job of taking away time and space for Thornton. But the rest of the line should be open to help out and they aren't. Secondly when that doesn't work they just try and dump and chase and everytime they do that you'll see at a minimum 3 pens players on the boards waiting for the puck to start the transition and the Sharks forwards get caught coming in on the forecheck while the pens are going the other way on an odd man break or a rush with speed.

Coaching adjustments need to be made the Sharks are getting spreading way to far out and are getting burned they need to clog up the middle of the ice and start to attack the middle of the ice on their entries into the zins because at this points the boards just aren't there for them

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest things in seeing is the Sharks entry into the Pens zone almost being an automatic turnover everytime that leads to the pens springing 2 forwards with speed pushing the Sharks D back so typically the trailer or 3rd man in is getting a clean look on a drop pass or cross ice pass.

The biggest culprit in this is the top line, outside of Hertl they are just too slow to be turning it over the way that they are. It's either Thornton bringing the puck in and almost immediately getting double and sometimes even covered by 4 pens with zero puck support from either Hertl or Pavelski. Pens are doing a great job of taking away time and space for Thornton. But the rest of the line should be open to help out and they aren't. Secondly when that doesn't work they just try and dump and chase and everytime they do that you'll see at a minimum 3 pens players on the boards waiting for the puck to start the transition and the Sharks forwards get caught coming in on the forecheck while the pens are going the other way on an odd man break or a rush with speed.

Coaching adjustments need to be made the Sharks are getting spreading way to far out and are getting burned they need to clog up the middle of the ice and start to attack the middle of the ice on their entries into the zins because at this points the boards just aren't there for them

Excellent analysis.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Hunter Pence or Dreymond Green to give a big speech to this team before game 3. They badly need this motivation right now...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So is Sullivan outcoaching DeBoer?
Yes, it's like watching when Gruden coached Tampa against the Raiders. The pens players know exactly where the puck is going to and there before the Sharks can set up.

The top line is only showing 2 different looks entering the zone and they are getting ate alive in the process. They need a 4th man coming late at the blue line with speed to break in and push the pens off the blue line.

The Couture and Tierny line are the only 2 lines getting into the zone with speed and through the middle.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Braun > Bobby Orr. Just kidding.