• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanely cup finals Pens Vs Sharks

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Sharks pull off the miracle on ice here

Jones might have to go down as the greatest goalie of all time. Just carry him off the ice and enshrine the guy!!!

He's already the best the Sharks have ever had, by far. Nobody has come close to doing for them what he has in the playoffs.
I loved Nabby, but he never stole them a series, ever. Jones is at another level.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my 6 keys to win Game 6

1. Get that first goal! Completely changes everything. That will get the crowd going and the Sharks need to feed their souls off of that. Murray has shown he's a rookie and can make costly mistakes. Shoot and shoot often.

2. Tighten up on Defense. The most important thing now is to give Jones the chance to steal this series. If our offense cannot break this jam and match the Pens dominance, then this is the white knuckle ending we will get.

3. Be more physical and stay aggressive. They out hit us last game... We have to beat them to the ground in order to have a chance at this comeback. By being smart and aggressive, we can wear their speed down and strike fear in their eyes with relentless pressure. This will result in turnovers and fatigue, a great recipe against this speed demon

4. The Bigs need to step the F up! Great to see Brent Burns score but we need Pavelski more than ever to start lighting the lamp and I hope to God that empty netter just sparked the beginning of a scoring streak for him.

5. WANT IT! You just have to want it more than the other team... The Sharks showed tremendous resiliency in game 5 with thousands of people in attendance and thousands more smothering the stadium from every end outside. You would think that would be too much to pressure to handle but this team didn't crack. I think the Sharks biggest weapon mentally is to set a goal for themselves that this is the time to get revenge for the 2014 LA series and do it right back on the Pens.

6. Jones. If all else fails, Jones needs to take his team on his back and become Madison Bumgarner

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my 6 keys to win Game 6

Nice - No need to reprint in entirety..

Getting that first goal is pretty important from a momentum stand point, but they almost shit the bed after getting the first two last game. I think my keys are:

Play a full 60 minutes of Hockey:
Chances are some of the guys are never going to see this spot again in their career and at the end of this game if you come up short its over.. so leave it all on the ice, every shift. Worry about the next shift/period/game if and when that happens.

Finish every Check:
I don't think we need to out hit, but we need to make sure that every time the Pens touch the puck we stop their momentum and put some physicality on them. We cannot afford to get in some fast-break shoot out.. its not our game. As discussed, there are a lot of time that swiping your stick at the puck doesn't cut it... and you have support RIGHT next to you. Take the body, separate the player from the puck and believe in your teammate to clean up the trash.

Get the the puck first:
This has been Sharks hockey for a long time, but man do they forget about it a lot. If there is a loose puck *anywhere* the Sharks need to be the first to it. Even if you don't get possession, make them work for it. Be physical and provide support. Our best game is down low in their zone, working the body and out working their defense.. be grueling.

Make smart plays:
I dont think they always have to make the 'best' play but make the smart ones. Realize that the boards are not going to be available to chip the puck out and start moving your feet to create a passing lane elsewhere. Communicate and avoid constant turnovers that put your defense at a disadvantage.

This game will be won or lost based on effort... I am willing to bet 90% of it will be imho. If we play physical, out hustle to the puck, work harder in our zone and keep those damn feet moving then I think they can win this. Worry about game 7 if we get to it.. right now its about emptying that pool and winning this one...

Go sharks~

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks still have not learned their lessons from previous games. Can't clear the d zone and giving up the blue line too easy. Horrible stuff.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Tie the game and back to scramble mode and behind again.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pavs choking on a couple great opportunities again tonight.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 shots or so. They don't look too desperate.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 shot on goal in the 3rd. All you need to know about the sharks.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Sharks battled so hard though and they really gave us something to be proud about! Unbelievable season and Martin Jones is absolutely incredible. We have a goalie that can get us to the promise land. I'm so excited already for next season!

Oh yea and screw Sidney Crybaby Crosby. Let this be the last cup he wins. F***** P.O.S!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it goes. Great season, but not quite legendary. Still the only Bay Area Pro team without a title and counting.

Marleau/Thornton never to see their name on the Cup unless the get traded next year if the Sharks are selliers.

Martin Jones...goalie of the present and future. Hopefully he'll be a Cup winner within a few years with these Sharks. Only guy who earned his money this series

Couture - best non goalie on the Sharks.

Pavelski - that was a bad series. Horrible time to go missing.

Bye bye Pollack, Wingels, Zubris, Nieto, Spalling, Reimer for sure. Trade Dillon.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Sharks battled so hard though and they really gave us something to be proud about! Unbelievable season and Martin Jones is absolutely incredible. We have a goalie that can get us to the promise land. I'm so excited already for next season!

Oh yea and screw Sidney Crybaby Crosby. Let this be the last cup he wins. F***** P.O.S!

I actually think next year they are going to drift backwards a bit. Too much age in key spots. Marleau is really aging. Thornton can he do it again? He had a great season. Martin and Ward old. Pavelski goes as Thornton goes in most cases. Besides Donskoi what young player looks promising? Wingels, Nieto have regressed. Maybe Tierney but he has kind of flatlined. Jones will keep them in the playoff hunt.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Say what you want, even Pavelskis MIA performance its hard not to be proud of this group. They did something this season that no one saw coming. I was hopeful they'd make the playoffs because of Deboers previous work, but to run through the west and make the finals and not embarrass themselves is amazing.

Sharks know they have a stanely cup caliber goalie and a top 4 D pairing that's second to none, so close. Honestly depth on the forward lines is hard to question. I think trading Marleau is the best option this off season. Maybe to Edmonton for a Eberle or RNH

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing ending, but to make it to the Stanley Cup Final after not making the playoffs last season is pretty damn great. Very proud of what this team showed overall. Remember the date 6/12/16 when the Sharks do win the Stanley Cup, because there will be just that much more redemption.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 shot on goal in the 3rd. All you need to know about the sharks.

I think they played pretty well for 40 minutes - the first two periods had good intensity and hustle but small lapses in the defensive zone immediately went to the back of the net. Stupid turnovers and mistakes should have cost us 4 goals - so Jones deserves some free dinners for sure.

I thought the 3rd period, which should have looked like flying chainsaws and razor blades, looked sort of flat. No sustained pressure and 1 shot on goal... but most importantly is they did "zip point dick" on the power play. There were two missed high sticking calls that I saw but they would not have mattered anyhow. I also thought that our D started backing into the zone around the end of the 2nd period which made no sense and created a lot of chances for the pens.

Oh well - It was cool to see them finally get to a Cup Final, which they should have done about 3-4 times already. It hurts a bit more due to my absolute hate of crosby - but they got it done and we didn't.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on a great season Sharks fans. Had it not been against Pittsburgh, I would had been pulling for your boys. You found a hell of a goaltender and will raise a banner with more to come in the future. Plenty of positives came out of this run so remember this season with pride. The playoff experience alone is going to be a great benefit for the young guys especially.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone, best damn season!

We will come back STRONGER, FASTER & BETTER!