• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I at least hope this series dispel some of the SPURS myths.

The SPURS are not a bunch of boring old guys who play plodding half court offense.
They do that because they can and sometimes need to do so.

At their heart, they are a surgically efficient lightning quick offense that can score 20 in a blink.
They are far better when the offense is humming at peak speed.

The SPURS are a much faster offense. Miami doesn't want to let the Spurs O get tempo.

The HEAT are a much faster defense. San Antonio doesn't want to let the Miami D get tempo.

Last night the SPURS turned the offensive speed dial to "11" and dared the HEAT to keep up.

It would not be a shock to seem Miami be the ones to slow it down to a grinder in game 6.
They are performing better in half court sets where they can enforce their defensive will.

I can see Miami winning an 81-69 slugfest in game 6.
I think they would be better at that type of game.

I also Remember how heat fans saying that there is no way they lose 4 in a 7 game series if they only lost 2 or 3 games the last 40 something games... I said that means jack shit to what happens now in the playoffs. But obviously all these heat fans don't know sports and it is not a cakewalk in the playoffs, like they all thought it would be:L

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am perfectly cool with Joey Crawford being the ref in this game. I think he will be strict but fair..

NEVER FORGET!!!!
Tony-parker-Tim-Duncan-gun-Joey-Crawford-450x350.jpg

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am perfectly cool with Joey Crawford being the ref in this game. I think he will be strict but fair..

NEVER FORGET!!!!
Tony-parker-Tim-Duncan-gun-Joey-Crawford-450x350.jpg

weren't you also the guy who would've been happy to see Tony Parker sit out the rest of this series...?:lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back guys. Wasn't hiding

Just had a 24 Hour cooling off period from SportsHoopla (more like 12)

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weren't you also the guy who would've been happy to see Tony Parker sit out the rest of this series...?:lol:
yes, that would make me smile. alot. getting home, mowing the lawn. then playing with the kids and doing daddy time. but around 8pm eastern... it's pregame time. me and the captain are going to have a huddle session. then i will be back here to post negative things about anyone who happens to not like the heat. i refuse to even accept not liking the heat as reasonable thought.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness....

Joey Crawford HATES the Heat almost as much

But, he absolutely DESPISES the Spurs that might overshadow his Heat hatred.

He is a total douchebag who has long since outlived any usefulness as a competent referee.

He makes himself the show instead of the teams/players.

The Spurs usually are handicapped from the start whenever he referees.

But, he also hates the HEAT and MAVERICKS.

There are 3 teams that absolutely vomit when Crawford is the referee. (Miami, Dallas, and SA).

The SPURS are his usual and favorite victim, but he does have a special place for dicking over the Heat as well.

So, maybe it will only be about a 51% disadvantage instead of the expected 55%.

Either way, it is a disgrace for the NBA to roll out this a-hole anymore.

Both the HEAT and SPURS deserve better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also Remember how heat fans saying that there is no way they lose 4 in a 7 game series if they only lost 2 or 3 games the last 40 something games... I said that means jack shit to what happens now in the playoffs. But obviously all these heat fans don't know sports and it is not a cakewalk in the playoffs, like they all thought it would be:L

Did they lose 4 yet?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario aka "The Assassin" Chalmers needs to step it up and make a contribution beyond letting Parker brake his ankles every time down the court...Cole as well.

The Heat's performance in this series so far has been a result of LBJ, Cole, and Chalmers poor play.

LBJ is a contributor, but I mean from a relative sense he isn't playing up to his potential and is settling for jumpers when the Spurs pack the D in and take away his drive.... seems like Miami gets way out of rhythm when he and Wade start settling for jumpers when the drive isn't there.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have proven that they can win, but it is unlikely that Green will create another record high in three point shots. That is how the Dallas team beat the Heat though and the most likely way the Spurs will win if they do win

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pair of LeBron James-brand Nikes are already calling him a ’2-Time Champion’

More positive PR for LBJ today...

It is obvious LBJ needs better PR people around him... from the decision to these shoes... they aren't making their job any easier... he would have so many more endorsements if he were more likable (and yes I know he is already rich, and some people will say he doesn't care... but I have been around the sports marketing world for a long time... they do care).

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have proven that they can win, but it is unlikely that Green will create another record high in three point shots. That is how the Dallas team beat the Heat though and the most likely way the Spurs will win if they do win

I think it depends... it seems like different guys are stepping up each night. My facebook was overrun with people saying "Never again with Green and Neal combine for x pts..." after that early loss...

But then Manu finally steps up... the Parker... then Duncan...

This series will come down to if the Spurs keep having someone step up to take the slack off their stars..

If Manu and Green put together a solid game... along with Parker and Duncan's average... they can easily win another.

I still give the edge to Miami going back home... but I won't be surprised if the Spurs pull it out in one of these games.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - THEY HAD BETTER HOPE LEBRON WINS THIS SERIES WITH THOSE SHOES OUT

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ PR is a catastrophe OMFG how much does it cost to get some decent PR people FFS :SMH:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somebody already counting chickens before they hatch lol

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00