• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dick Mike Greenberg was criticizing Pop yesterday because he thought he was just sitting out Timmy for no good reason. What a dumbass he is

Yeah Kornheiser did the same thing on PTI... annoys me when people just assume something and run with it like its fact

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kornheiser did the same thing on PTI... annoys me when people just assume something and run with it like its fact

So, ESPN started criticizing Pop for something they didn't know they had full knowledge on. That doesn't sound like ESPN, not at all.

*ends sarcasm*

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dick Mike Greenberg was criticizing Pop yesterday because he thought he was just sitting out Timmy for no good reason. What a dumbass he is

To be fair, it's not like Pop never does that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its also stupid to assume especially when if Greeny did his facts he would have known that Timmy had troubles with this last week prior to the Warriors game.

He's the same idiot who was so sure the Broncos was going to get absolutely destroyed on Sunday. Safe to say his word means nothing

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its also stupid to assume especially when if Greeny did his facts he would have known that Timmy had troubles with this last week prior to the Warriors game.

He's the same idiot who was so sure the Broncos was going to get absolutely destroyed on Sunday. Safe to say his word means nothing
Mike and Mike is the WORST. There is nothing that is more trite and cliche and unfunny. Unless you are the most casual of sports fans with a broken sense of humor I have no clue how you listen to Mike and Mike. I would rather flambé my balls with a blow torch then listen to that drivel.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree that he should have checked before he went on tv. It's not like it isn't easy to assume that's what Pop was doing. Heck, I think Horns was the only poster on here that was saying Timmy might have a real injury and even he wasn't sure.

Lots of people were saying that the Broncos would get destroyed on Sunday. Being wrong on a prediction doesn't mean someone's word means nothing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike and Mike is the WORST. There is nothing that is more trite and cliche and unfunny. Unless you are the most casual of sports fans with a broken sense of humor I have no clue how you listen to Mike and Mike. I would rather flambé my balls with a blow torch then listen to that drivel.

I only watch in the morning as I get ready for work so roughly a half hour each day from 6-630

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still have a show?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh there are tons of ancillary circumstances that are difficult to account for which is what Mecca was saying but if you are comparing some players you have to use SOME kind of metrics.

I mean- you see some obvious things in the stats in these early years- even then Curry was an amazing shooter, however- in that injury plagued year where he only played 26 games and shot only about 11 and a half shots per game- he unsurprisingly shot 49%, when the next year he got 18 shots per game he went down to 45%---- which makes the fact that THIS year he is shooting 19.5 shots per game and is at 51.3% down INSANE, and then just STUPID when you consider OVER HALF those shots are from behind the 3 pt line.

Tell me if i am wrong- but after his 4th year- when he signed that 4 year 44 million dollar extension- I thought it was a bit low- but its not like I was thinking DAMN! Steph Curry was gonna be a max and he just signed for 11 a year!....after that 4th year he was definitely respected- but there is no one out there that would have called him a 10 or probably even top 20 player. He wasnt "Steph Curry" yet at all.
See Mecca- this is what I am talking about- a dilligent GSW fan like Hambomb even agrees- that after his 4th year in the league- when Curry signed that 4 year 44 million extension- he was not nearly the "steph curry" he is today. No one freaked out and said- WOW thats a steal- while it did look a little light- people thought- hes had problems staying healthy, cant play really great D- but is a great shooter.....4 years 44- ok ok....

everyone and their brother knew Kyrie was headed for a max- and listed among the top 20 players in the league by the end of his 4th year...

and like i said above on MULTIPLE MULTIPLE posts- and you put so eloquently yourself--- Kyrie- to a certain extent- still has on those training wheels- he wont hit the apex of his prime for at least another 4 years....lets hope he can do a lot of the things Curry can do now that he has hit his prime.

But- as is clearly CLEARLY shown- colloborated by GSW fans themselves- Curry was not nearly as highly regarded as Kyrie was at the same point in their careers. Both the objective and subjective show that.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Not sure what happened to the comparison I had before- whether deleted or what- but here goes.

Kyrie finished his 4th year last year- lets compare the FIRST 4 years of the Careers of Steph and Kyrie. At the age of 25, Steph Curry finished his 4th season, and Kyrie Irving finished his 4th season at the age of 23- for the sake of comparing apples to apples- lets ignore the fact that while Curry was playing Monmouth, Elon, Wofford and Furman and getting 2 extra years of development- Kyrie Irving was winning the rookie of the year award and getting picked for all star games.

So- the injury thing- Kyrie has missed just a ton of games right? Remember- 2011/12 they only played 66 games.

Kyrie:
Year 1: 51/66
Year 2: 59/82
Year 3: 71/82
Year 4: 75/82
average games played per season= 64

Steph:
Year 1: 80/82
Year 2: 74/82
Year 3: 26/66
Year 4 78/82
average games played-= 64.5

PRETTY MUCH THE EXACT SAME.

What about PER? I think this is one of the predominant stats used to gauge overall performance and is a very good stat for comparing across era's. Not a perfect stat by any means- but one of the better ones.

Kyrie
Year 1: 21.4
Year 2: 21.4
Year 3: 20.5
Year 4: 21.5
Average= 21.2

Steph
Year 1: 16.3
Year 2:19.4
Year 3: 21.2
Year 4: 21.3
AVERAGE: 19.5

Slight edge to Kyrie- who was better during their rookie years, and just a little better their soophomore years, and then it gets very even.

So- what about the ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD? Kyrie Won it- Curry did not.

How many All STar appearances did they each have their first 4 years?
Steph Curry: 0
Kyrie Irving: 3

Steph Curry would eventually make the all star game for the first time at the age of 25. Kyrie Irving- is one of 6 other players to make the all star team BEFORE the age of 21...lets see if you recognize the other guys

KOBE
SHAQ
ISIAH
MAGIC
BRON
KG
and now....
KYRIE

---you need last names? OH you know the last names? cool- cool!

Their stats are VERY SIMILAR....

Curry over a 4 year span shot the ball better as could be expected, Kyrie scored the ball better- and they were EXTREMELY even on the rebounding and assists per game. Kyrie had a historic rookie year all around. Curry's 4th year he really started to come around and you first saw glimpses of what was to come. Take it for what you will. I think the emperical evidence here would point to Kyrie Irving being the better player during the early years of his career- EVEN though he had to do it with 2 less years of experience under his belt. Kyrie made 1 All NBA 3rd team (last year) in the first 4 years of his career- Curry did not make an all NBA team during his first four years. Not that it means a whole lot- but Kyrie did win the All star game MVP in one of those appearances.

First 4 year averages:

Curry: 18.4 pts, 5.9 apg, 3.9 rpg, 47.1% FGA, 44.7% 3PT (DAYUM)

Kyrie: 20.9 pts, 5.7 apg, 3.6 rpg, 45.5% FGA, 39.1% 3PT
You forgot one stat....and arguably the most important one that helps determine the difference between the two.

Status on their CURRENT teams:
Kyrie- Robin
Steph-Batman

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss the things that are missing in your comparison post are that point guards are terrible in the east so they had to pick someone. Kyrie would of never made the all star game with guys like Paul Westbrook in it every year. Also Monta would be favored by guys like Keith smart and would sit curry. Monta would take posessions. Which I don't know why.
Yea I remember how Monta & Steph didn't mesh well. Monta was some-what of a ball hog & didn't want to play WITH Steph at the time. That's why he got traded and they decided to give Steph the reigns.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was going to say. He's done that exact thing in the past-and early in the season so that's probably why they didn't put it past him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's sleeping on them. But, it's gonna be pretty hard for them to beat the Warriors when it's 5 on 2. Just saying.
did you guys know the Thunder are only allowed to play 2 players? lol

forget about Ibaka or Adams or Kanter or Morrow or Waiters, or Collison or Roberson....you can just sign guys off the street to replace these guys...

unreal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's sleeping on them. But, it's gonna be pretty hard for them to beat the Warriors when it's 5 on 2. Just saying.

5 players on their team avg double digits. 4 players on GSW does. The 5 on 2 comment is pretty stupid.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you guys know the Thunder are only allowed to play 2 players? lol

forget about Ibaka or Adams or Kanter or Morrow or Waiters, or Collison or Roberson....you can just sign guys off the street to replace these guys...

unreal.
Well that's pretty much what happens during games. I know you're not suggesting that RW shares the ball. I agree, it is unreal. And until he realizes his job as the PG is to get the other guys involved they will continue to be a pretty good team that can't get past the 2nd round in the playoffs.

I agree, it is unreal.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 players on their team avg double digits. 4 players on GSW does. The 5 on 2 comment is pretty stupid.
Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion even if I think it's stupid just as you think mine is. But, we'll see when they play. Will you be the debbie downer here again like when they played the Spurs?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus. I agreed with Wiggy on something.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's pretty much what happens during games. I know you're not suggesting that RW shares the ball. I agree, it is unreal. And until he realizes his job as the PG is to get the other guys involved they will continue to be a pretty good team that can't get past the 2nd round in the playoffs.

I agree, it is unreal.
yah you are right.

Westbrook is THIRD IN THE ENTIRE NBA in assists with 9.7 a game.....guy just never passes....lol...last year he was 4th in the NBA in assists per game. 9th in the NBA the year before that.......its just insane.....a guy is top 5 in the NBA in assists 2 years in a row- and top ten for 3 years in a row- but doesnt pass.....

BRILLIANT..lol....

geezus some people are dumb.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I remember how Monta & Steph didn't mesh well. Monta was some-what of a ball hog & didn't want to play WITH Steph at the time. That's why he got traded and they decided to give Steph the reigns.

I remember that. Having Ellis on the team may have delayed Curry's growth at the time. So hard to take stats into context of the argument.