• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think I can remember all of us were saying-at the time- they should've paid to keep Ibaka because of what he does for them defensively and because you can't throw a rock without hitting a guard in this league.

But we were all wrong IMO. I am not a Harden fan-personally cannot stand him- but will say that he's arguably kept that Houston team competitive and pretty close to the same level as OKC in terms of where they've seeded at the end of seasons.

:dingdingding:

Yep.

He irks me with his flailing and his lack of defense is deplorable.

But, he gets buckets.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is just a TEENSY little bit of advice when framing an argument- how they teach in every law school across the country from Harvard to the lowest of the low.

IRAC

Issue
Rule
Analysis
Conclusion.

Lets just take this exceptionally dumb comment from LAD on RW not passing.

Issue- Does RW pass?
Rule- Typically in the NBA- the better the playmaker, the more assists you rack up. It is generally accepted that assists are a great indicator of a players willingness and ability to pass the ball.
Analysis- Apply the rule, to the situation- RW- top 5 in assists 2 years in a row, top 10 three years in a row (overly simplistic but im not going to go into a while analogizing, etc.)
Conclusion- wrap it up with a pithy quote that sums up your argument.

pretty much any argument can be framed this way and its a good way for structuring it- at this point it just comes naturally after taking test after test and writing brief after brief etc.
And here's free advice taken from LIFE EXPERIENCE:

Anyone can go to school, pass classes and enter a profession. That doesn't always mean they're good at what they do. There are plenty of real-life examples of that. Geoge W. Bush & his presidency comes to mind as a great example.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Green too.

OKC has to stop being cheap.

I think they finally got the point by giving Kanter that obscene contract.

They were hurt the Ibaka hasn't stepped up as much as they thought he would.

They also thought the max. contract situation would not allow them to keep everyone -- like Harden.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is just a TEENSY little bit of advice when framing an argument- how they teach in every law school across the country from Harvard to the lowest of the low.

IRAC

Issue
Rule
Analysis
Conclusion.

Lets just take this exceptionally dumb comment from LAD on RW not passing.

Issue- Does RW pass?
Rule- Typically in the NBA- the better the playmaker, the more assists you rack up. It is generally accepted that assists are a great indicator of a players willingness and ability to pass the ball.
Analysis- Apply the rule, to the situation- RW- top 5 in assists 2 years in a row, top 10 three years in a row (overly simplistic but im not going to go into a while analogizing, etc.)
Conclusion- wrap it up with a pithy quote that sums up your argument.

pretty much any argument can be framed this way and its a good way for structuring it- at this point it just comes naturally after taking test after test and writing brief after brief etc.

* Throws tarp over comment *

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Throws tarp over comment *
See what I'm saying? :doh:

Your boy just does too much and that is the reason you're his only friend here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were hurt the Ibaka hasn't stepped up as much as they thought he would.

They also thought the max. contract situation would not allow them to keep everyone -- like Harden.
Ibaka really never became the elite rebounder i thought he would be...kinda taken the griffin route there...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone can go to school, pass classes and enter a profession. That doesn't always mean they're good at what they do. There are plenty of real-life examples of that. Geoge W. Bush & his presidency comes to mind as a great example.
actually no...no they cant...i have seen very very smart people that made very very good efforts fail. Not everyone has the mental capabilities. Its just a fact of life. All though- it would be nice to have a dad who ran the CIA and then the whole Federal government, lol.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka really never became the elite rebounder i thought he would be...kinda taken the griffin route there...

Yep.

How the fudge can you jump out of the gym. But, you can't grab 10 boards a game?

I don't care that Blake has T-Rex arms and plays next to an elite rebounder.

He should still block 1 shot a game and grab 10 boards.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually no...no they cant...i have seen very very smart people that made very very good efforts fail. Not everyone has the mental capabilities. Its just a fact of life. All though- it would be nice to have a dad who ran the CIA and then the whole Federal government, lol.
New flash- EVERYONE fails at something at some point or another.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

How the fudge can you jump out of the gym. But, you can't grab 10 boards a game?

Gonna be pretty hard to do now with a gimp hand. :heh:

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Coaches should breakdown videos of Tristan Thompson getting offensive rebounds -- and use them over & over teaching techniques for offensive rebounding. Effort is a big part of it -- but not the only thing.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually GWB's gpa at Yale was something like 2.1 ... he wasn't great at that either. (big social life though)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Rebounding is not about height or jumping ability. It's one of those skills where positioning and sheer will can help you become a great rebounder. Dennis Rodman and Charles Barkley are two examples of guys who knew how to use their bodies and a lot of times just out hustled people. Kevin Love is another guy who knows how to use his body and understands positioning to get rebounds and he barely gets off the ground.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually GWB's gpa at Yale was something like 2.1 ... he wasn't great at that either. (big social life though)
I know, I was being sarcastic :D

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Randle and his T-Rex arms are grabbing close to 10 boards a game. Can Blake teach how to get shots inside the paint? My one concern regarding Randle coming out of college was those T-Rex arms. You are not facing the length and athleticism in college that you are in the pros. He struggles mightily to get good looks off inside.