• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another vet alongside KG to help close out games & keep them calm in those situations.

I think KG is done after this season. Probably move into the front office and maybe put together a team to buy the Wolves (assuming he still wants it after Flip's passing :rip:)

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KG is done after this season. Probably move into the front office and maybe put together a team to buy the Wolves (assuming he still wants it after Flip's passing :rip:)
Oh wow, he wanted to be a owner? I didn't know that. I wonder how'd he do as a commentator like Shaq & Kenny.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, Kobe, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter and KG should hang em up.

Duncan is the only Old-Head that is still productive.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt the Cavs will end up in the same boat or even worse. I base that on their desperate need of a championship that they're pretty much willing to sell their souls to get it (and by sell their souls I mean give LBJ whatever he wants).

Honestly, I don't blame them one bit if they do. This is the best chance to win a title that they've had in franchise history and it might be the best chance they ever have. If they get a title, it will have been well worth it.

If they don't, it will still have been well worth it because for this time, they were a big part of the center of the basketball universe and there will be 29 other teams that would love to be in their position. At least they will be able to say that the pulled out all of the stops to try and get there. If I were a Cavs fan, I'd have to appreciate and respect that.

I like to pick on the Cavs (mostly because of Lebron and Wiggy), but I'll never criticize them for selling their soul to get a championship.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow, he wanted to be a owner? I didn't know that. I wonder how'd he do as a commentator like Shaq & Kenny.

I don't think he has the personality or desire for studio.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, but I don't think that's in LBJ's plans. Proof of that might be the 2 year deals with a player option on the second year, effectively making his contracts 1 year deals.

I think that barring Dan Gilbert doing something incredibly stupid, Lebron will finish his career in Cleveland. The 2 year, player option deals are just to maintain leverage.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't blame them one bit if they do. This is the best chance to win a title that they've had in franchise history and it might be the best chance they ever have. If they get a title, it will have been well worth it.

If they don't, it will still have been well worth it because for this time, they were a big part of the center of the basketball universe and there will be 29 other teams that would love to be in their position. At least they will be able to say that the pulled out all of the stops to try and get there. If I were a Cavs fan, I'd have to appreciate and respect that.

I like to pick on the Cavs (mostly because of Lebron and Wiggy), but I'll never criticize them for selling their soul to get a championship.
You make some good points, I just think there's other ways to achieve the same goal but Gilbert is too hard headed to explore them.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT @IAmDPick Miami Heat part-owner Raanan Katz said LeBron had Blatt fired. In same breath: "He trie
Miami Heat part-owner Raanan Katz said LeBron had Blatt fired. In same breath: "He tried the same with Spo, but failed."

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that barring Dan Gilbert doing something incredibly stupid, Lebron will finish his career in Cleveland. The 2 year, player option deals are just to maintain leverage.
Before he went back to Cleveland, I might have agreed with this. But, since going to Miami then leaving to go back to Cleveland he's shown me that he doesn't mind shaking things up.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT @IAmDPick Miami Heat part-owner Raanan Katz said LeBron had Blatt fired. In same breath: "He trie
Miami Heat part-owner Raanan Katz said LeBron had Blatt fired. In same breath: "He tried the same with Spo, but failed."

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising if it's true.

I mean there was nothing else that was obvious enough to cause the sudden event. And again, if all of those things that were listed were true about his performance then how come they weren't addressed last season or at least after the Finals so they could start this season looking for improvement?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Kobe, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter and KG should hang em up.

Duncan is the only Old-Head that is still productive.

Garnett has one purpose at this point. Teach the young pups. :thumb:

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before he went back to Cleveland, I might have agreed with this. But, since going to Miami then leaving to go back to Cleveland he's shown me that he doesn't mind shaking things up.

The reason I think it's unlikely that Lebron leaves again is that his legacy is very important to him. If we thought the reaction to him leaving Cleveland the first time was bad. Imagine what will happen if he leaves a 2nd time and the Cavs still have no title. You'd be able to see the burning Lebron jerseys from outer space.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garnett has one purpose at this point. Teach the young pups. :thumb:

He does a lot of on court coaching, and barks from the bench. Where the kids should be and such.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wiggy really talking about the Heat on this game thread? WOW

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wiggy really talking about the Heat on this game thread? WOW

I don't think so unless I missed something.

@Hambombs posted the twitter link that is going around where minority Heat owner Ranaan Katz claims that LeBron tried to get Spo fired.

I posted Winderman and Jackson's follow up with quotes from Katz that he never said that and he has no knowledge of what happened.

Not sure why its going down on this thread.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, go with @IAmDPick instead of Ira Winderman or Barry Jackson

They were probably told not to say anything. I bet that last year for lebron in a heat uniform he did try it. Things felt off in that last year