• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think if GSW did lose game 1 that they would not have come out with more of an sense of urgency game 2. You're delusional.

Mark my words. No team is beating a healthy Golden State roster back to back games in a playoffs series in that arena. It just won't happen
Probably not back to back. I agree. That is something they focus on. But, as you've mentioned several times anything is possible.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can guess.....and i mean- as a Lakers fan- what happened when the roster really started to get old- you had a franchise icon that was overpaid but kinda had to keep around- combined with owing a bunch of lightly protected first round picks in the future......it paints a familiar picture doesnt it?

Kobe Bryant's contract is what doomed the Lakers. He was taking up nearly half the cap.

I don't see any player that's going to take up half the cap when the salary cap rises. Wade's probably going to get a 2-3 year deal that's about $13-$15 mil. He's not going to get anywhere near $30 mil.

As trojan said, you have no idea of what this team will look like 3-4 years from now, so why speculate. Hell, we can only imagine what Lebron will look like next season, because his skillset is already starting to diminish.

The way you rant on about that title window closing sure looks like you were describing the Warriors.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...she is a classy one huh? lol....

you want an ACTUAL band wagoner its LAD--- ask here where her GSW fandom was 5 years ago- it was nonexistent....but- whatever. lol...it just cracks me up that I GET accused of being a OKC when all that I really like about them is their GM Presti- and of course THE RW.
First off, you didn't even know me 5 years ago. Second, I never hid the fact that I am a fan of BOTH teams unlike yourself. Third, I have always liked the Warriors because I was born & raised in the Bay and would often attend games.

What was that quote you posted the other day? Aw yes: As the great Mark Twain said- "It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool- then open your mouth and prove it"

Please don't ever compare yourself to me in any sense. Thanks.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I absolutely loved about the Warriors game yesterday was the notched up the intensity on the defensive end of the court. Everyone was active early and it set a tone. Holding a team like the Spurs to 90 points, 66 after 3 quarters is amazing.

Draymond played so hard on the defensive end that Kerr mentioned it was the first time Draymond asked for a sub. He was a big part in not letting Aldridge get anything going. Klay and HB both did great on their turns guarding Kawhi. Steph swarmed Parker everytime the ball was in his hands.

Overall just a great defensive performance that fueled the Warriors play.
Yes it was. THIS is what we were anticipating when Kerr returned to the bench.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he can get past the "denial" stage of the stages of grief....the only reason the Heat were any good was LeBron at that point- as we can see now.
You act like the Cavs were going places before LBJ went back to Cleveland. Stop it, just stop it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well dont forget the no hope part for the heat...

im telling ya- Riley is gonna jump ship as soon as those picks become due- he will be chillen on south beach drinking margaritas while his successor inherits its a big shit sandwich around 3 or so years from now.
Ummm....the Cavs are certainly on that "hope" train-more-so than the Heat at this point. Right now as it stands it's looking like the Cavs can't beat EITHER the Spurs OR Cavs, without the HOPE of this coaching change making a difference.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Warriors play a lot of small ball so I expect tonight to be no different.

Just thought I'd come back to this. The Warriors barely used their "Death Lineup" last night with Draymond at the Center. For the most part they had either Bogut, Ezeli or Speights in the game at all times. Bogut and Ezeli accounted for nearly 28 Minutes at the center spot, with neither playing the 4th quarter. Mo Speights picked up an additional 5 or 6 with I think the small lineup only playing 2 or 3 minutes total.

As I said in another post, the Warriors don't go small as often as you would think. And again I don't consider Barnes at the 4 with a center a small lineup.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd come back to this. The Warriors barely used their "Death Lineup" last night with Draymond at the Center. For the most part they had either Bogut, Ezeli or Speights in the game at all times. Bogut and Ezeli accounted for nearly 28 Minutes at the center spot, with neither playing the 4th quarter. Mo Speights picked up an additional 5 or 6 with I think the small lineup only playing 2 or 3 minutes total.

As I said in another post, the Warriors don't go small as often as you would think. And again I don't consider Barnes at the 4 with a center a small lineup.

Yup. The death ball lineup is the emergency lineup IMO

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. The death ball lineup is the emergency lineup IMO
I think that's the lineup they use to catch up when they're tailing in games.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the lineup they use to catch up when they're tailing in games.

Generally it's used in the late 2nd quarter, last few minutes give or take depending on the score. They normally never use it in the 1st or 3rd quarters. They do go to it a lot down the stretch in close games in the 4th though. That's why it's not used a lot is because of games where the score isn't close, they won't have to employ it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow lamarcus Aldridge disabled his twitter
LOL
He needs to figure out a way to get acclimated with that team. I would've expected him to be rolling by now; especially since he's not a rookie-has plenty years of league experience.

I think as much as TD is important to their defense it's equally important to get LA going and operating at a comfortable level. In order to do that I think they should start to limit TD's minutes and give LA more. They need to start that transition sooner or later & after last night they should see it should be sooner rather than later.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
He needs to figure out a way to get acclimated with that team. I would've expected him to be rolling by now; especially since he's not a rookie-has plenty years of league experience.

I think as much as TD is important to their defense it's equally important to get LA going and operating at a comfortable level. In order to do that I think they should start to limit TD's minutes and give LA more. They need to start that transition sooner or later & after last night they should see it should be sooner rather than later.

Sometimes it takes a little more time to get comfortable

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved kerrs timeouts last night. He made them when spurs would go on a 5-0 run usually

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it takes a little more time to get comfortable
I agree...I guess I just gave LA more credit than I should've. From what I remember he had a pretty nice game in Portland.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, you didn't even know me 5 years ago. Second, I never hid the fact that I am a fan of BOTH teams unlike yourself. Third, I have always liked the Warriors because I was born & raised in the Bay and would often attend games.

What was that quote you posted the other day? Aw yes: As the great Mark Twain said- "It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool- then open your mouth and prove it"

Please don't ever compare yourself to me in any sense. Thanks.

Witness

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
Glad you were there my friend!

Man, I thought your team might have pulled off a win against the mighty Cavs lastnight. Pretty close but looks like they need more work on closing games out (like the Lakers). That is normal for younger teams-tends to be a trend in the league.